DOA 5 Balance Test Combo Footage #2

Female Tengu

@Tenren

Yeah, I noticed that too and was surprised a bit. I hope they just used the wrong finishers (to bring some variety into her short combos/the video). Her damage output was really low.

And lol @ Ayanes combo at 0:23. Very nice. I'm sure they will tweak the damage here :rolleyes:
mmmmh, she will be so much fun to use in DOA5.

EDIT: oh, nevermind. It was HC damage xD

R4712-VR88

Wow, Ayane is a borefest! Aside from her awesome 13 hit combo she did nothing new. Least that I know of. She looks like she has zero new moves since DOA4. :/

Raansu

Wow, Ayane is a borefest! Aside from her awesome 13 hit combo she did nothing new. Least that I know of. She looks like she has zero new moves since DOA4. :/

Welcome to 90% of the cast??? Did you really expect a laundry list of new attacks? Whats more important is the properties of her attacks not how many "new" attacks she could of had. She plays closer to her 3.1 counterpart than DoA4 and that's an extremely good thing. I'll take that over an abundance of new strings that could be potentially useless and no one would use other than to be flashy.

kupo

wow Ayane, good stuff...

"I think Ayane and Hayate have a lot of combos that are harder than they look."
This actually made me quite happy, I like challenging combos in my characters.

Shinigamimatt

So glad Ayane's grab grants guaranteed damage after back turn again. Also kinda funny how they're using her DOA2U outfit I always used and she plays more like it.

R4712-VR88

Welcome to 90% of the cast??? Did you really expect a laundry list of new attacks?

Then I guess you haven't been paying attention to other characters?

It's not that I expect everyone to have a "laundry list" of new moves. But when you go from sequel to sequel, you do expect something new. Every character gets additional moves in some way. And so far everyone has, except for Ayane that I've noticed. It's a shame has they've really kept her in the dark since the Alpha Demo and we've seen nothing new at all.

Kronin

Welcome to 90% of the cast??? Did you really expect a laundry list of new attacks? Whats more important is the properties of her attacks not how many "new" attacks she could of had. She plays closer to her 3.1 counterpart than DoA4 and that's an extremely good thing. I'll take that over an abundance of new strings that could be potentially useless and no one would use other than to be flashy.

I completely agree: if just, like said by Shinigamimatt, Ayane's grab grants guaranteed damage after back turn again for the changed mechanics of the game, this is a reintroduction better of any new move.

More we don't know if and in what measure characters haver or not new moves, we can't judge just from few seconds of a video.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Then I guess you haven't been paying attention to other characters?

It's not that I expect everyone to have a "laundry list" of new moves. But when you go from sequel to sequel, you do expect something new. Every character gets additional moves in some way. And so far everyone has, except for Ayane that I've noticed. It's a shame has they've really kept her in the dark since the Alpha Demo and we've seen nothing new at all.
I dunno... I've seen plenty of new stuff here.

DontForkWitMe

wait so ALL backturned setups have guaranteed follow ups? if so eliots holds/throws that leave opponents back turned aren't completely worthless now?
bale2.gif

now they just need to hurry the hell up and reveal him so i can get hyped for this damn game

Kronin

wait so ALL backturned setups have guaranteed follow ups? if so eliots holds/throws that leave opponents back turned aren't completely worthless now? WOOOOOO!....

now they just need to hurry the hell up and reveal him so i can get hyped for this damn game

I don't know if every and anyway I am not the better person to answer you, but surely seems that to be back turned is now again a threat like in DOA1/2/3 contrarily to the 4 and I think also in Dimensions.

Just this change makes my way to play with Ayane very different according if I play to DOAOL or DOA4

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
DOA 5 Tina looks like DOA 3 Tina, but with more tools. This pleases me.
Can't wait to mess with her, Hayate, Helena, and Bass.

Sir Skeleton

After watching that video I am so hyped to get my hands back on Ayane! She has a lot of moves that look very similar to her DOA4 moves, but it looks like they tweaked with the properties of a lot of them but in a good way. I can't wait to see what I can do with her!

All the characters looked amazing too, its going to be fun trying out all of the characters.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Dr. Teeth said:
DOA 5 Tina looks like DOA 3 Tina, but with more tools. This pleases me.
Can't wait to mess with her, Hayate, Helena, and Bass.

She looks really great. Cant wait to kick some ass with her.

Emperor, I will be using Pai of course, and string delay, and pp throws lol..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD