Doa 5 Girl Community...

MasterHavik

So you'd rather play with guys than girls? But you criticize girls who'd rather play with girls... I don't even...Go back to shipping Delena.
she works for UPS?:D and I think you can respect what she is saying. She basically said she enjoys playing with guys more than girls. She even had some logical reasoning to back it up. You shouldn't give her the cold shoulder all because she isn't," Oh yeah!! Mistress of DOA 5. Kick ass name! Sign me up girlfriend!". Her real name is Delena....Hey Delena please cosplay as Helena.

Virtua Mima

she works for UPS?:D and I think you can respect what she is saying. She basically said she enjoys playing with guys more than girls. She even had some logical reasoning to back it up. You shouldn't give her the cold shoulder all because she isn't," Oh yeah!! Mistress of DOA 5. Kick ass name! Sign me up girlfriend!". Her real name is Delena....Hey Delena please cosplay as Helena.
That's not why I'm giving her the cold shoulder... Come on now lol. I'm not even picking sides. I just thought it was odd that she was criticizing Mistress for something she was doing herself... and "girls are drama and girl power is BS" is not really logical reasoning, just saying... But, UPS, cool... (she doesn't work for UPS, i was referring to her adulation for the couple Damon and Elena in a TV show. Her kind likes to call them "Delena". So yeah her name's probably not Delena either...)
Just leave the poor girl alone

MasterHavik

That's not why I'm giving her the cold shoulder... Come on now lol. I'm not even picking sides. I just thought it was odd that she was criticizing Mistress for something she was doing herself... and "girls are drama and girl power is BS" is not really logical reasoning, just saying... But, UPS, cool... (she doesn't work for UPS, i was referring to her adulation for the couple Damon and Elena in a TV show. Her kind likes to call them "Delena". So yeah her name's probably not Delena either...)
Just leave the poor girl alone
lol. Well even she was involve in something like that she is trying to not repeat history. She made a mistake and she is just trying not to repeat it. There is a nice guy around my neighborhood who just got out of jail for killing someone. Ever since then he is the nicest man on the block and is very activate in keeping our community safe. He never used violence ever again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ya'll just salty cause I WAS 30k richer. ;)

And screw you! I actually worked hard to improve my game for season 2! AND STILL BELIEVE THAT I EARNED MY 2nd FEMALE PLACE SPOT! >(
YOU DONT KNOW ME!!!!!!

I believe many of the female players tried their best in prep for season two.

However, I never watched the show or cared to follow the drama surrounding it. I do know that you and Phoenix worked hard.

TRI Mike

I'll start saying that I'm all for a female group to be opened to help girls learn the game... just to make this post look less like it's derailing the thread. But you guys should be working 100% on getting more and more people to offline tournaments because you actually have a realistic possibility. It doesn't really matter if they're male or female, if they're sleeping with a GM or they post too much about boobs in DOAW. You have a gigantic pool of players in North America and Europe to gather in events and that's what you should be working on.

I understand completely how Erik feels because he's simply right if you think logically about what he's been explaining but when you have a guy like me who is literally the only DOA player in this part of the continent it makes me feel depressed. I don't have anyone to play with. No males, no girls, no casuals, no pros, no one. Literally no one. To make things worse, the internet connection here isn't good enough to guarantee fluid matches against FSD members which was my original plan because the netcode in the game doesn't help much, even post-patch (I can't actually play the game on 360 no matter what). If I lived in the US, I would be a close friend with most of the important members here and would be a frequent player in tournaments but my geographical location doesn't allow me to.

What I'm trying to say is that you guys are more fortunate than you think. I'm 100% sure you're pissed about DOA5 not getting numbers like Capcom games and everyone here feels sick with how threads and conversations are handled in other groups. But you have realistic chances of playing offline with "little" effort and that's what most of you should be working on instead of closing doors at each other for whatever reason. Support the game, for the sake of people like me who simply can't do enough for it.

franman

I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, so time to drop the giant bomb:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/when-passions-flare-lines-are-crossed-updated/4006/
Actually I did
If you know a guy by the name of Aris he's also in 8wayrun and is a spokesperson hosting Tekken vs Street Fighter there was a person who came from the Halo community arguing about the behaviour of the fighting community how different the Halo community is from FGCs in terms of behaviour. Aris of course disagrees and argues against him, it also comes to a point where he said something that is offensive to females.
But thanx for the link.

Mailifang

I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet, so time to drop the giant bomb:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/when-passions-flare-lines-are-crossed-updated/4006/

I just read the article. And pretty much that's what I had to deal with when I got involved in a few communities. Thankfully the real obnoxious guys in the FGC are a small but very vocal minority. But when you have a lot of guys together political correctness and common sense at times go out the window. It doesn't bother me too much because guys will be guys. Especially in a male dominated environment. I have noticed that because more females are getting into gaming as a whole there are some male competitive gamer's that are afraid that more female competitive gamer's would change the culture of the community.Sadly these few male gamer's got a lot of street cred and are well known in the FGC.

Far as I'm concerned guys in the FGC can talk trash and bullshit all they want.Just don't be a total ass.

Sheba Baby

Ok lovely guys and gals I'mma add my two cents and leave it alone... *clears throat* When I first started playing DOA 4 that's when I had my first taste of how cruel this scene can be sometimes to new comers and women in general. My first D.I.D as matter of fact I was trying to network and make friends both male and female to some of you who are OG's or very well known players in the doa community, so when I decied to travel I would have some friends or people I could link up with if I was in a different state. (note: I was new to the scene and new to the experience of hard core compettion) I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect and excited all at the same time. Anyway those of you who know me personally like master, vanessa, swoozie, and best just to name a few know how sweet and kindhearted I am to people period until you show me otherwise then at that point I'll just tolerate you. :cool: So a certain player took my kindness as me trying to hit on him and not so nice words was said back to me through justownings radio show at that time and I was like wow really??? I was just being nice and myself like how I am with everybody luckly I am one that has some pretty tuff skin but everyone isnt like me, vanessa, kayane, tagyourpregant or you so yeahhhhh....;)

I said all that to say this it's not a bad idea to have some seperation between whatever you want to catorgorize it as. I feel and believe if we are to grow as a community we have to have some sort of hey lets get the new comers and or girls comfortable with competting so they can travel and such (QUIT RUNNING OFF ALL THE FRESH FACES WHO ARE INTERESTD IN COMPETTING SHESH)... Now Rikuto I feel you on what you was saying about the past ish that happen at CGS etc that was not cool at all, however we must not jump to conclusions so early before we even know the results of the finished project. In any case if that was to happen again I'm quite sure all parties involved won't hear the last of it..;) either way this is our game and our community you play with who you choose to play and train with end of story cause at the end of the day when the final results are in and money is being distributed the numbers don't lie... I play with everyone but I find myself mostly playing with and amongest the guys but I would love to meet and play with other girl gamers other than the ones I already know.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Ok lovely guys and gals I'mma add my two cents and leave it alone... *clears throat* When I first started playing DOA 4 that's when I had my first taste of how cruel this scene can be sometimes to new comers and women in general. My first D.I.D as matter of fact I was trying to network and make friends both male and female to some of you who are OG's or very well known players in the doa community, so when I decied to travel I would have some friends or people I could link up with if I was in a different state. (note: I was new to the scene and new to the experience of hard core compettion) I was very nervous and didn't know what to expect and excited all at the same time. Anyway those of you who know me personally like master, vanessa, swoozie, and best just to name a few know how sweet and kindhearted I am to people period until you show me otherwise then at that point I'll just tolerate you. :cool: So a certain player took my kindness as me trying to hit on him and not so nice words was said back to me through justownings radio show at that time and I was like wow really??? I was just being nice and myself like how I am with everybody luckly I am one that has some pretty tuff skin but everyone isnt like me, vanessa, kayane, tagyourpregant or you so yeahhhhh....;)

I said all that to say this it's not a bad idea to have some seperation between whatever you want to catorgorize it as. I feel and believe if we are to grow as a community we have to have some sort of hey lets get the new comers and or girls comfortable with competting so they can travel and such (QUIT RUNNING OFF ALL THE FRESH FACES WHO ARE INTERESTD IN COMPETTING SHESH)... Now Rikuto I feel you on what you was saying about the past ish that happen at CGS etc that was not cool at all, however we must not jump to conclusions so early before we even know the results of the finished project. In any case if that was to happen again I'm quite sure all parties involved won't hear the last of it..;) either way this is our game and our community you play with who you choose to play and train with end of story cause at the end of the day when the final results are in and money is being distributed the numbers don't lie... I play with everyone but I find myself mostly playing with and amongest the guys but I would love to meet and play with other girl gamers other than the ones I already know.

Having a sub-category in the DOA community is always ok. If the female DOA players want to have their own community, I say go for it. We need more DOA players may they be male or female.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
For the record, I'm all for this idea, and I hope it's successful. And no, it's not just because the group name suggests it'll be full of pro-dommes clad in leather, lace, and the occasional whip and cuffs playing DOA...

Other than that, I'm gonna randomly wonder if Virtua Mima and Virtua Kazama are related, cause dad-gummit, that's been on my mind since I've been browsing the last 15 minutes...
No relation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD