DOA 5 Tina Thread

Caster Shell

: :8: :
Gonnna post this here too

:6::K:,:P: for stun and if they low hold even on fastest you can still get HI counter with low throw after the high punch whiffs.Tina gets from +6 - +22 if they low hold her :P: after :6::K:.

so basically u get a guarantee Hi-counter Low throw cause they did a low hold after :6::K:, :P:.
Is that after the :8::P: SDS, or is it just the stun from :6::K:, :P: ?

Caster Shell

Another good PL combo is :2::P:+:K:, BT :7::K::K::K:, BT :4::P::P: does 105 NH. Not the most damaging one of course, but its a great option if you want to switch sides after a PL, and still deal solid damage. ;)

Last edited:

Doa_Eater

Good thing the throw splatting camera glitch was fixed, that was really stupid!!!!

Last edited:

TRI Mike

Another good PL combo is :2::P:+:K:, :7::K::K::K:, :4::P::P: does 105 NH. Not the most damaging one of course, but its a great option if you want to switch sides after a PL, and still deal solid damage. ;)

What the hell¿ Tina doesn't have a 7KKK string, 2P+K is just the neutral roll and 4PP is an incomplete mid-punch string. Are you sure those are the notations of your combo¿

phoenix1985gr

What to me? There was a camera spin when two characters are close to the wall and sometimes her throws leave her in stupid back to back positions with the other character.

Yeah i meant i hadnt noticed it so iwas asking whats was the glitch you mentioned was :p

I think he means this, with a different ender. Doa_Eater posted this a while ago :D

Yeah this is it so its actually BT 7k. 7k, 7k, 4pp

ailingeternity

Try having a go at :9::K: :9::P::K: :426::h::+::P: - 112 damage. I'm convinced she has an even stronger juggle but that's the most powerful I can find atm. It's very easy to time as well.

Doa_Eater

In training, dojo stage, set launcher on hi counter hit and try it. It is a really strict timing input but it works!

Want to verify myself that this only works on neutral hi counter hit, it wont work from any other set up like cb, so nothing useful lol!

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I read over the past few pages and really love the info but I have a bit of a noob question.

Striking off of stun with tina's 8P are what you guys saying that the opponent is forced to either block off of SE (at which point they are capable of being thrown) or eat a strike like 33K? Perhaps my timing was off but I thought one could hold out of tina's sitdown stun? Is there some kind of stun threshold where one is forced into that choice?

TRI Mike

yeah i never understood that as well. The training dummy in my game is able to hold both 33K and K. Her SDS is complete shit.

Doa_Eater

Aye, It's called Tina Talegate outfit (whatever that means) unlike the standard sports gear for the other characters.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Aren't there differences between 5 and Ultimate? They introduced new moves and surely frames have changed as well as other stats.
A few of tina's guard breaks have been nerfed and she got an improved air throw. The general concepts outlined how to best play tina in that ign guide are all still true though.

Learn to combo like killah, make them respect your strikes. May take getting good at counters to make online speedy spammers think twice before mashing punch.

Master the MDT and Tiger Driver, and make them never dare counter on you.

Master the timing of Tina's combo throws so inevitably when they start blocking - whip out tinas heavy throws and make them regret it once they lose 1/3rd life despite only blocking.

That's how you play Tina. Basically all the core tips/concepts and best moves of playing tina in that article are still true.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD