DOA an Next Gen Consoles

Xhominid The Demon Within

I just hope that with the next gen, DOA will have better stages, cloth textures and hair physics.

s1g6.jpg

gggbme.jpg

Add in giving them more in the back department and it'll be all good...

Seriously, they made it better than before, but it's still flat back there.

legibifou

About a next-gen DOA, I just discover this little article where Shimbori talks about his vision of DOA on Next Gen. Don't know if it has been already posted:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/0...director-talks-about-next-gen-fighting-games/

I'm happy to see that the first point that Shimbori talks is a graphic improvement. I dream about a new DOA game that would be THE most beautiful game at its launch, like previous DOA games.

KwonJigglypuff

About a next-gen DOA, I just discover this little article where Shimbori talks about his vision of DOA on Next Gen. Don't know if it has been already posted:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/0...director-talks-about-next-gen-fighting-games/

I'm happy to see that the first point that Shimbori talks is a graphic improvement. I dream about a new DOA game that would be THE most beautiful game at its launch, like previous DOA games.

Yeah... beautiful stages, beautiful hair, beautiful cloth physics. We already beautiful character models to be honest. I have no idea how programing and developping a video game work, but I think HD-ifying to current models would be enough, right ? And just giving them HD wigs too. Helena needs to have the most beautiful ponytail physics, a bit like Lili's hair was the most beautiful at some point.

Hopefully DOA6 will have more poetry than DOA5 (even though the last stages in 5 were nice too (Zack's Island, Lorelei, the desert..)

Mestizo

Standard Donor
Yeah... beautiful stages, beautiful hair, beautiful cloth physics. We already beautiful character models to be honest. I have no idea how programing and developping a video game work, but I think HD-ifying to current models would be enough, right ? And just giving them HD wigs too. Helena needs to have the most beautiful ponytail physics, a bit like Lili's hair was the most beautiful at some point.

Hopefully DOA6 will have more poetry than DOA5 (even though the last stages in 5 were nice too (Zack's Island, Lorelei, the desert..)
to be fair helena is already OP on the sexy scale lol

I can almost guarantee we will be getting a nexgen-HD-ified DOA5-Arcade edition with 1 or 2 new characters and more costumes, better environments/hair/cloth etc.

That Is My Way

I have played Dead or alive very very little so 1 or 2 times by my friends but now I will employ with this game . So has Dead or Alive a character customisation ? Virtua Fighter and Tekken have such a feature and I really like it. Waht about Dead or Alive ?

David Gregg

I have played Dead or alive very very little so 1 or 2 times by my friends but now I will employ with this game . So has Dead or Alive a character customisation ? Virtua Fighter and Tekken have such a feature and I really like it. Waht about Dead or Alive ?

Well....there is but it's very limited unfortunately. At most you can add/remove eye/sunglasses (and there only for certain characters and certain outfits), add/remove a hat (although some hats can't come off), change the color of a girl's bra/panties (again depending on the outfit), and change hairstyles for the characters that have that option.

Now the game will never actually show you these options. You sort of have to figure out which buttons to press at the character select screen and it can be frustrating and sometimes you'll need to play around to see what options you have for a specific costume.

That Is My Way

Hmm that is really bad because its unfair for those who likes a character but they dont have any customisation options. Such feature would be great. So I dont know how many costumes one character has because I dont have this game yet but I would make one or 2 slots for customisation . You play Online for example and get points or money and then with that you can buy character customisation stuffs. In that case the characters who looks boring would be very cool. If you combine it you will get better. I mean with combine that you maybe start to make all characters looking cool and with that you need Online Points with that Character , so the customisation stuffs needs points , points means in that case online experince with that character , online experince means knowing about that character ;). I am a player but a strategist too.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The next DOA game should have some sort of customization option. I know the game is known for their costumes, so why not allow us to change the color of the costumes, add accessories, etc.? Why stop there? I wouldn't mind having the option to customize hair too.

ShinMaruku

Supposedly the day before the launch they have some announcments. I am sure USF4 is on the docket. I hope DOA5u is so I can sell my ps3. :p

Chapstick

Hmm that is really bad because its unfair for those who likes a character but they dont have any customisation options. Such feature would be great. So I dont know how many costumes one character has because I dont have this game yet but I would make one or 2 slots for customisation . You play Online for example and get points or money and then with that you can buy character customisation stuffs. In that case the characters who looks boring would be very cool. If you combine it you will get better. I mean with combine that you maybe start to make all characters looking cool and with that you need Online Points with that Character , so the customisation stuffs needs points , points means in that case online experince with that character , online experince means knowing about that character ;). I am a player but a strategist too.
The next DOA game should have some sort of customization option. I know the game is known for their costumes, so why not allow us to change the color of the costumes, add accessories, etc.? Why stop there? I wouldn't mind having the option to customize hair too.
It costs a lot of money to do that, especially as graphics get better. TN doesn't have the best budget. Either they give you less stuff at better quality, or give you a lot that looks like total crap. Also, if they gave you a bunch of customizable stuff they couldn't squeeze money out of you via DLC, so don't expect any of this to happen any time soon, if ever.

Nameless Sama

That is not a godd point but I would like to see more cliffhanger stagers or Stage where have 2 or 3 Cliff hanger options.

It would be great if you could change the voice form japanese or english for the Characters. I mean you can decide which language the characters should speak instead hearing the whole characters in english or japanese. Example Eliot speaks english but Lisa speaks japanese. I thought that characters are hearing better in japanese or englis in my opinion. I prefer Rigs english voice although I set my audio to japanese.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
The next game should focus on the stages first and foremost, then the characters, then whatever bells and whistles they want to add. We are moving towards the future I want some levels that are at least par with the older ones .

Number 13

They should focus on the characters and stages equally. I wouldn't want fantastic stages if the characters themselves suffer in decreased quality (from aesthetics to gameplay) as a result.

Also yes to character specific language select. One of the welcome additions in SFIV.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think characters should get their own specific stage again and they should just keep character themes. Some of the stage music in DOA5 Ultimate is hit or miss. That's why I set the BGM to Character Theme. Plus, "The Successor" gets me hyped. Lol

Nameless Sama

I would add for DOA6 the DOA4 Tag system because non Infinitive deadly Tag Combos and everybody played Tag. I mean Doa4 Tag was like Single + more little juggles. For Online I imagine Solo & Tag Survival agaisnt Online Player or KI. Solo Survial against other Online Players. Tag Survival with your friend against 100 or endless KI to make high points.

Crext

Standard Donor
To sum up your ideas thus far
- More story focus (without adding much more single player fighting).
- Increased graphics.
- Ability to customize none-costume stuff, like accessories, hair, etc.
- More quality stages
- Individual character voice select

Some things I would add.
- More interactive online xperience:
  • Add some DoA currency with a ranking for most currency gained as well
  • Possibility to roll a slot machine for trading card with that DoA currency.
  • Possibility to buy titles or other account linked rewards for those currencies (that doesn't eat from their costume income table)
  • "Character Week" -> "Mila Weeks", gain twice as much DoA currency playing as this char this week.
  • Statistical online bounties collected (List of all the bounties you've reaped, with ID, date, amount of wins, etc.)
  • Statistically online win streaks had, and who ended them (kinda a reversed version of the one above)
  • Possibility to join tag battles as 1 character only (kinda a 2v2 random matchup)
  • Ability to mark people after a match (marked targets will function as a semi-bounty for extra points, and more likely to face higher ranked people)
  • You get "Thank you"-notes from the people who marked the targets you slay, adding to a list you can view under statistics "People helped out" (with date, rank, online ID, etc.
  • You get a list for "marked target slain", with dates etc. Where you get detailed info on the people you marked until they got smacked and what person helped you out.
  • You can reward people faced during random ranked battle for "sportsmanlike behavior/friendly", giving them extra DoA Credits or a temporarily boost.
  • Chose which ranked grade that represents you, and what "main" you got.

• Add "special powers ranked", a ranked mode that allow some abnormalities
    • One could select between 5-6 abilities, which is purchasable with DoA credits.
    • "Elect the DoA Representitive", every week one get to vote between 3 characters (let us say Kasumi, Ayane and Hayate) proposals that somehow alters the game.
    • Every game has unique attributes added that may be unknown to the player. This could be that everyone is super feather weight, that all finisher move does knockback effects, that environmental effects deal twice as much damage, or something equally crazy.
    • Sometimes Darth Vader and Luke will battle it out in imperial fighters in the background

• Allow single player vs tagged (like in skullgirls)

- More codex entries to study up on character backgrounds, with pictures and stuff (like a comic).

On a different note, maybe we should collect our ideas and give it to TN over twitter or something?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD