News DOA Festival 8/1 + Playse 5v5 8/2 in Tokyo Japan!

Blash

Anyone know where I can watch this? The youtube link didn't work at all for me!

Is it/has it been uploaded anywhere?

[EDIT]

Nevermind, I got it all sorted, I thought it was a live stream and it wasnt working! It was just a case of me not paying attention.

So, has DOAX3 been announced or was that all just a joke?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I really enjoyed being able to watch the DOA Festival event from start to finish. Was just as happy to see @Mr.Kwiggle win the tournament, proving that he deserved to be there and that he is truly the best DOA player right now. Very excited about the new content coming, because it shows that Team Ninja really is going to support Last Round well into 2016. Balance changes and a new stage is a very welcome addition for this month's upcoming DLC. Very eager to see who the new character is what stage they'll bring with them in Spring 2016! Also, I'm not surprised that DOAX3 was announced, but I'm also kind of shocked that they're going to keep it Japan and Asian markets only.

You can tell Kwiggle picked some stuff up playing with the japanese players in the arcades. He was using regular sidesteps on point more than he ever has.
@Mr. Wah also pointed this out during stream, which is something that I was happy to see. A lot of American players don't seem to know how to utilize the side step mechanic, despite it being very useful. I'll be honest, I started using it more because the Level 8 AI would also side step, so I wanted to incorporate it into my playset more (along with any special side steps the characters I play use).

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Any news about the pc version?

Also, great job to Kwiggles! It's very rare for an American to go to a Japanese event and win it. Keep it up!

Last edited:

DyByHands

Are you there? I thought it was a one day thing...
Day two is a 5v5. I think on the same stream... I think.
Edit: different stream though. Link is in EC's OP above.

The stream was great last night. A great showcase for DOA.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
And how many different ways did they misspell Xcalibur's name? lol
Kinda like what people do for me (which I'm totally cool with being called Zero except for NYCFurby's xZero264 with the lower case X. It's actually part of the damn name and so far is the only time I've been annoyed with a streamer).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
balance patch idea: buff Honoka's reach.
FB_IMG_1438460960263.jpg

Mr.Kwiggle

Well I hope you guys all enjoyed the matches. They play very differently over here than back home. More defensive and tend to counter strings rather than block them which is very interesting to see. I'd personally love to see more Japanese players come out to us tournaments cus I also believe that the average player here would give players back home a tough time. And also funny thing about the arcade is several of the players that made it to the top 16 yesterday played me on the arcades. Some bodied me free since I was on an arcade stick lol to see how different I played on a pad shocked some of them.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Well I hope you guys all enjoyed the matches. They play very differently over here than back home. More defensive and tend to counter strings rather than block them which is very interesting to see. I'd personally love to see more Japanese players come out to us tournaments cus I also believe that the average player here would give players back home a tough time.

Happy to see someone else has realized this too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD