DOA Q&A

AsheMann21

Try it on the opponent in the Free Training mode. Make sure to set stagger escape to "Fastest" and set the "Com Reaction" to be the corresponding action you want to test whether it can be performed to break a combo. Ex: "Standing Block" to test guarantees from sitdown stuns and the like, "High Hold" two test whether PP is a natural combo, etc.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again Brute.
*walks creepily back into the lab (a.k.a FreeTraining)*

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
How do I know if a move or combo is guaranteed?
Try it on the opponent in the Free Training mode. Make sure to set stagger escape to "Fastest" and set the "Com Reaction" to be the corresponding action you want to test whether it can be performed to break a combo. Ex: "Standing Block" to test guarantees from sitdown stuns and the like, "High Hold" two test whether PP is a natural combo, etc.

Also set the AI to hold out of critical stun fastest with which ever hit level you're trying to test. That option is in the additional training options you set for their Stagger Escape speed.

If it's an attack that leaves the opponent Back-turned, first check if they can guard (AI Reaction to Guard All), then check if they can crush the attack (AI Reaction Low Punch). If they can hold the attack then the previous hold fastest will take effect.

minimaxi

from my experience usually the first thing to do in namco fighters is try to find good mids and lows, while other metagames are mostly universal to all fighting games. What's the first thing to try to find in DOA movelist?

I also read somewhere moves with sit-down stuns and forced techs are preferrable, how are those properties beneficial?

Any 'rule of thumbs'? (in SC if you're playing someone you're not familiar with, there's a good chance that 2A is a good/decent poke)

AsheMann21

It's me again :)

What are close hits and how do I execute them? I'm going through some combo challenges and I can't get the hang of them. I tried going through the tutorial but that didn't help.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
It's me again :)

What are close hits and how do I execute them? I'm going through some combo challenges and I can't get the hang of them. I tried going through the tutorial but that didn't help.
Some moves have close hit properties. I forget if it is a set value or if it is a multiplier like counter hit. Just stand smack dab next to the opponent and do your move. Which character/move are you trying?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Close hit is proximity based and I believe deals 125 or 150% damage of the base damage value before applying the counter level damage bonus. You can't get it if the opponent is in critical state regardless of proximity.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Do DOA5U fighters have different hit points e.g. Bass taking less damage than Mila? Or are there just different weight classes for juggles?

Kronin

Do DOA5U fighters have different hit points e.g. Bass taking less damage than Mila? Or are there just different weight classes for juggles?

Just different weight classes for juggles; the damage point can differ according to its status (for example an "ordinary hit" compared to a Close Hit or to a Counter Blow), but not according to the opponent character.

Edit: Ninja'd XD

Perfidious Sinn

I'm trying to upload a replay on the 360 version of Last Round. I'm getting a message that says I can't upload because "my grade isn't high enough". Does this mean I have to rank up on Rank Matches first? Kinda weird.

Kronin

I'm trying to upload a replay on the 360 version of Last Round. I'm getting a message that says I can't upload because "my grade isn't high enough". Does this mean I have to rank up on Rank Matches first? Kinda weird.

You are making a misunderstanding, this is the wrong kind of uploading: you are selecting the option that allow you to include a video about your performance when people check the worldwide ranked list of players and see your placement. That option is allowed only to people that have at least a certain rank (maybe S or S+? I don't know for certain).

If you wish to upload a video on Facebook (on 360 you can't do it on You Tube), you need before to go on the online options of the game, set "yes" on Facebook account, and then give your mail and password associated to it. When this process would be completed (it's possible that you will need to give the confirmation more times becuase not always works at the first), later you will see a fourth option for each one of your recorded video, the one to upload them on Facebook.

Also, keep in mind that from the end of April will not be more possible to upload videos directly on You Tube or Facebook for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game (and PS4 and Xbox One don't allow it).

[Important Notice #2] Due to a Facebook policy change, you will not be able to use Facebook share and YouTube uploading functions (Continue)
from "DOA5 Plus", "DOA5 Ultimate", and PS3 / Xbox360 version of "DOA5 Last Round" from 4/30/2015.
The PS4, Xbox One & Steam versions of "DOA5 Last Round" do not support the account linking functionality for Facebook and YouTube. #DOA5LR

— Team NINJA (@TeamNINJAStudio) January 13, 2015

Neclord

Maybe a dumb question but:

I'm considering buying DoA5 Last Round Disc version because I just bought Core Fighters only and thought, the full version might be a cheaper deal for me, since I like to try lots of different characters and learn matchups and stuff.

So can I just buy and install the disc version, or do I have to upgrade Core Fighters now?

Sparkman

Maybe a dumb question but:

I'm considering buying DoA5 Last Round Disc version because I just bought Core Fighters only and thought, the full version might be a cheaper deal for me, since I like to try lots of different characters and learn matchups and stuff.

So can I just buy and install the disc version, or do I have to upgrade Core Fighters now?

You can delete core fighters and still keep your save data, which transfers to the full version automatically. I did this with the digital version on ps3.
Edit: I forgot that ps4 and xbox one has a last round core fighters. I don't know how much that upgrade costs but try to compare you options and see which is more efficient.

Last edited:

Neclord

You can delete core fighters and still keep your save data, which transfers to the full version automatically. I did this with the digital version on ps3.
Edit: I forgot that ps4 and xbox one has a last round core fighters. I don't know how much that upgrade costs but try to compare you options and see which is more efficient.

Yea I have the Ps4 last round core fighters. And I checked, it's pretty expensive if I want to play story mode as well. So I guess I will just order the disc version and delete core fighters when I got the game. =)
Also good to know that the save data will be transfered.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD