DOA Q&A

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In general -8 is considered "unsafe", because you can neutral throw break.

However, it should be noted that there's more than just disadvantage to be taken into account for "unsafeness".

Kasumi for example has :6::P::K: (and its variants) which is -12 on guard, but the push-back on it in open space makes it so no throws faster than 12 frames can reach her, so technically it is safe.

Gurimmjaw

In general -8 is considered "unsafe", because you can neutral throw break.

However, it should be noted that there's more than just disadvantage to be taken into account for "unsafeness".

Kasumi for example has :6::P::K: (and its variants) which is -12 on guard, but the push-back on it in open space makes it so no throws faster than 12 frames can reach her, so technically it is safe.

Oh I see now thanks!

Yeah some moves have quite a bit of a push back and seems to make it safe even if the move is -10 or -11 on block due to the pushback.

What about using cetain unsafe moves from a certain range? Like for example someone uses a move that -11 on block but it unsafe if you use it up close, but safe if you use it from a range? Jann Lee's 7K is unsafe on block and when used up close but causes a small pushback, but if used from a distance it seems to be safe.

ManekiNeko

No stupid questions? Okay. Does DoA 5 Ultimate have a Sudden Death round if you're tied 2-2 with your computer opponent (via a double KO) or not?

David Gregg

No stupid questions? Okay. Does DoA 5 Ultimate have a Sudden Death round if you're tied 2-2 with your computer opponent (via a double KO) or not?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a double KO in the 2nd round, neither of you wins the round and you must fight a 3rd round with normal health and time.

ManekiNeko

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a double KO in the 2nd round, neither of you wins the round and you must fight a 3rd round with normal health and time.

business-cat-meme-generator-thank-you-for-your-help-33cd86.jpeg

(also for acknowledging that was a legitimate question).

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
Can anyone tell me what the heck is "Turtling" means. I was using my Jann Lee against this guy who used Phase 4. I beat him, but in the end he called me a Turtling Bitch lol

Ana

Hi, I'm not sure it's right place but can anyone explain me the changes in okizeme since DoA3? I haven't played DoA4 but I know now there are things like force techs, untechables etc etc. Where can I find anything about them?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Quesiton: Did they change the way high counter holds work? I remember for hayabusa I could always input his high counter hold izuna but everytime I try to do it now 90% of the time he just moves and blocks

Brute

Standard Donor
Quesiton: Did they change the way high counter holds work? I remember for hayabusa I could always input his high counter hold izuna but everytime I try to do it now 90% of the time he just moves and blocks
I think a little bit, but it's hardly noticeable. It's probably just online being wonky.

Rapham0n

I have a question. What does "R1F" mean? I do not remember this term being used in vanilla DOA5 at all, and I've seen people using this term in DOA5U.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD