DOA Q&A

BMFAlpha

I know this might be a pretty stupid question but can somebody please enlighten me on this but is a airborne attack a high attack better yet can it be countered with a high hold?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I know this might be a pretty stupid question but can somebody please enlighten me on this but is a airborne attack a high attack better yet can it be countered with a high hold?
Depends on the character/jumping move. Mila's jumping punch is a mid. Akira's jumping kick is a high.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
From my personal experience, most airborne attacks are typically mid-level and only a few actually hit high.

BMFAlpha

Ok so I'm sorry for double posting but I really need to ask this but is there a guide or list on here or anywhere else where I can find all the unlisted moves that are not in character's move lists?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Check the wiki if a member of the community has put up the character's frame data.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's generally two boxes on s character. A hit box and hurt box. If a hit box collides with a hurt box than a hit is scored.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Only in Japan.

That's because it's using the Aime P.net Sega platform. Which basically means it's digital distribution to arcades with the hardware AND subscription to run the service. The subscription is a couple grand a month due to making multiple games available for any number of machines.

Hurricane Rev

Only in Japan.

That's because it's using the Aime P.net Sega platform. Which basically means it's digital distribution to arcades with the hardware AND subscription to run the service. The subscription is a couple grand a month due to making multiple games available for any number of machines.

Oh ok then. Thanks for that and that is a shame really :(

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
i'm going to ask a manager from a certain arcade if he can import the machine to the arcade at some point

Here's a quote from my friends,

It runs on Sega RingEdge 2 hardware, using Sega's ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Ver. 2 content digital distribution platform.

The Ringedge 2 is like Taito's system. Basically the games themselves are downloaded via a server that the arcade pays SEGA each month for (something like $500 for like 5 machines). I doubt there is software that is tangible.

Gurimmjaw

I have a question and Im unsure about this. When is a move considered unsafe in DoA? I use to think that when a move was -10 on block or worse cause I was judging by the 9f strikes but grabs come out faster at 5f, 7f, etc. Neutral throws the ones that are 5 frames seem to be breakable while the 7 frame throws are unbreakable.

So judging from this a move is unsafe when it is worse than -7 on block?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD