raidou has his textures too
this is so exciting. i'm curious if any test stages have new cut stuff

Attachments

• RAI00_tex_4.png
    RAI00_tex_4.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,054

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This is a sudden request, I would like you to check the data about the 'amoeba bed' (video thumbnail) in the DOA2 opening.
The files look identical between this beta and the final version.
1633814724416.png

Here's a Blender model and the textures in PNG format: stage14.zip

Including this gem:

STAGE14_tex_56 - Copy.png

Last edited:

dee4doa

The files look identical between this beta and the final version.
View attachment 36142

This is so awesome, can I have your mass import script? I somehow managed to painstakingly import the Spiral stage with all 250+ model files :eek:

Hey Grap, to apply a textures in blender click on the part of the model then on the right look for the little red beachball tab at the bottom (Material properties) you should see that every object uses it's own material (kinda wasteful but it could be due to hardware limitations) then in the drop down menu in 'Surface' click 'Use nodes' then on surface choose 'Diffuse BSDF' then on the 'color' choose 'Image texture' select the correct image then it should load.

Also finally I found that blender imports the models mirrored on the -X axis so select all the 3D models with the 'a' key (in object mode) then in the object tab choose 'Mirror' then 'X Global' this is how it looks ingame!

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This is so awesome, can I have your mass import script? I somehow managed to painstakingly import the Spiral stage with all 250+ model files :eek:
Shoutouts to Telephone for the code:

1633826840434.png

Code:
#Script taken from https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/17817/how-do-i-batch-import-one-format-then-export-to-another
#Adapted to work with NaomiLib importer: https://github.com/NaomiMod/blender-NaomiLib

import os
import bpy

path_to_stl = os.path.join('Folder Directory Here', 'Subfolder name here')

file_list = sorted(os.listdir(path_to_stl))

stl_list = [item for item in file_list if item.endswith('.bin')]

for item in stl_list:
   path_to_files = os.path.join(path_to_stl, item)
   bpy.ops.import_scene.naomilib(filepath = path_to_files)
In Blender, click the Scripting tab at the top of the program. On the right half, click "+ New" and then paste the script in. For the folder directory stuff, "Folder Directory Here" is the location of the folder containing the .bin models. So if the folder containing the bin models are located in C:\Models\modelrips\KASUMI, then paste in only C:\Models\modelrips in that section. Then, paste KASUMI into where it says 'Subfolder name here' Hit Run and it should import everything. Note that it'll import everything to where your 3D cursor is located (the red/white circle). You can swap back to the Modeling tab at the top of the screen if you want to take a look at the model better. Or you can just stretch the windows, whatever.

dee4doa

I actually quite like this small looping track, it sounds like a very early version of the character select/menu music that I can see being used at the AOU 1998 NAOMI build it has that 90s futuristic SEGA feel, if you played this in Jet Set Radio it wouldn't feel out of place.

Managed to get that script working but if anyone is having an issue with it try adding another forward slash where the resource folder is. Looking at the texture files too it's quite amazing that for example, an object for the Demon Church has a maximum texture size of 512x512 this is awesome because that size texture support could create large detailed UVs for custom stages all we need to know now is collision data then we're set!

Though I would like try and recreate the 1998 version of Demon Church from that small trailer:
1633973583585.png

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor

Derock

Alpha-001

Among the costumes, I would like you to check the data regarding Kasumi's C3 and C4 costumes and Ayane's C3 costume.

Wasn't there a part about Kasumi Alpha (ska Kasumi X) besides Raidou and Tengu?

Screenshot_20210911-233221_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210911-233320_YouTube.jpg

VideoCapture_20210602-194819.jpg

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Wait, the same arcade OST? Bruh! Damn, so we could had the option to select Arcade and Arranged music then!
Not so sure. The Naomi and Dreamcast have the same CPU but the Naomi has better everything else - including way more audio hardware, which is probably why they switched over to redbook audio on the console version.

Among the costumes, I would like you to check the data regarding Kasumi's C3 and C4 costumes and Ayane's C3 costume.

Wasn't there a part about Kasumi Alpha (ska Kasumi X) besides Raidou and Tengu?
I'm not sure what you're asking me to check specifically. Can you clarify? Here's a list of Kasumi and Ayane's files compared between the 01.27.2000 beta and the US Final.

1634144388873.png

1634144425397.png

Derock

Not so sure. The Naomi and Dreamcast have the same CPU but the Naomi has better everything else - including way more audio hardware, which is probably why they switched over to redbook audio on the console version.

Understandable. Not really considered redbook audio as there are albums of the arranged music, first released in 2000 based on PS2 and then rereleased for DOA Ultimate in 2004/2005.

Alpha-001

I'm not sure what you're asking me to check specifically. Can you clarify? Here's a list of Kasumi and Ayane's files compared between the 01.27.2000 beta and the US Final.

View attachment 36152

View attachment 36153
I want you to check the modeling of the costume, and it means whether there is Kasumi Alpha along with Raidou in the player character.

Arimiro

Not sure if this was posted before or requested but is there any information regarding Maria (Helena's mother) in the beta that differs from the final?

I'm asking because I remember seeing this video years ago that showed someone hacking her and other NPCs as selectable characters that resulted in a crash but what made her unique was the fact that she had a unique life/character portrait from anyone else.

Video for reference:

Derock

Arcade version notes:

I managed to replayed the arcade version. I stated that there are extra sounds that were cut from the final project in another section a couple of years back. Here's the list I found:

1) More battle grunts/kiais for the following: Zack, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Helena, Tina, Ein, Ayane and Leifang (some have different takes)
2) Ryu Hayabusa has his old DOA1 sounds included
3) A cut quote from Ayane in her fight with Helena. Sounded like Ayane wanted to play along with the accusation before the fight started.
4) Speaking of Helena, a scene from Story Mode was cut with one line.
5) More quotes from Kasumi Alpha in Kasumi's section, including creepy low "hee-hee-hees"
6) Extended scene scrapped in Kasumi vs. Kasumi Alpha. It looks like the 18+ cloning scene was supposed to be included after the Kasumi Alpha iconic laugh. Also two quotes from Kasumi herself as narration describing the clone(?).
7) Tengu has more lines in Ryu's fight scene (sounds like either he's taunting or winning(?) )

Alpha-001

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD