DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
that's not how emulation works just because you can run one console doesn't mean you can run another you probably have low specs if its constantly stuttering but also the game isnt perfectly emulated yet some stages do have issues but only on certain spots of the stage but thats if you run the game on windows for whatever reason the game runs perfect on a linux pc lol
Whatever you say.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
More deathloop clips!

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

Reactions: Rob

Gultigargar

New update: DOA3++ v1.44

-Players are no longer able to hold out of a guard crush (the big/long guard break animation, could previously hold after 30 frames).
-Leifang 8P no longer puts her in a high-counter state during startup.
-Jann Lee 3P/6PP/P2PP now causes a lift stun vs crouching on normal hit.
-Fixed an error ony my part with Ryu's 44P move causing it to have less blockstun than intended.
-Ryu 7K changed to -16 on block, block pushback lowered.
-Ayane's 1P+K backstep can be used before round start like it used to when its input was 11.
-Ayane's 6PK/PP6PK now pushes sideways on block and in the air.
-Christie 3P+K disabled before round start, due to a bug with her 3P+K.F+P that I'm currently unable to fix.
-Christe 6PPP/6PPPP/46P/46PP block pushback lowered.
-Christie 6PPPP/46PP changed to -11 on block.
-Christie BT 2P juggle height slightly increased. (Let's her consistently use it against heavy opponents and on upward slopes.)
-Christie K and PK juggle height restored. This makes PKK2K her strongest juggle string when in open space.
-Christie PK damage lowered from 24 to 22.
-Brad Wong PP2K2 added. (Goes into lying stance.)
-Brad Wong Lying P has faster startup and stuns on normal hit.
-Brad Wong BT Lying P stuns on normal hit.
-Helena 4PP / BT PP4PP has its old animation back and is reverted back to being a mid attack. (The move being a mid attack seemed to be better for her, even if it means she can only follow up 4P with mid punches.)
-Zack 4PP damage changed to 27 from 28 (prevents 4PP from breaking the stun threshold on counter hit.)
-Zack 33P changed from 21(3)33 to 18(3)33.
-Zack Sway stance added, which he can enter with the following moves: 7P / PP4 / 2KP4 / 3P4 / 4P4
--Previous PP4 input now PP8.
--Previous PP8K input now PP9K.
--From sway Zack can do P, K, F+P and 2 (which goes into 2P+K)
---Sway P is a jab that stuns on normal hit.
---Sway K is his 6F+K.
---Sway F+P is a 26(3)23 frame throw that does hit 2P+K.F+P throw on hit. (Unlike 2P+K.F+P, Sway.F+P is not a catch throw.)

I wanted to give Ryu something else instead of the 46P move I gave him - since it seems to not be that useful - but I'm not really sure what else I can give him that makes sense, so it's still there for now.

Last edited:
Can the Random CPU Start Button for Tag Team be fixed? All these Custom Costumes installed on the CPU cast still stuck on C1 that's no good.

Sure you already know about the real time intro being broken with Hayate & Brad and Kasumi & Ayane. Possible to redo these Demos with the new Movesets? I would replace Aerosmith with Bomb Factory too. Any chance redoing all the dialogue bring new life into the Story Mode so dry today. Better yet using the Test Stage or the Last Level as Real Stages. Alot more that can be done here.

Gultigargar

Random costumes being locked to the game's defaults (and not even using the alternate versions) is very unfortunate, but fixing it is not something I can do. We'd need people decompiling the default.xbe to find the game's random select function and adjust it.

I do know about the issue with the intro not working correctly, I just haven't been able to find where the game stores the series of moves that the CPU does. I can give fixing it a shot, but finding these things isn't easy.

Hey at least you aware off these issues at hand hopefully someone can resolve on. Playing Ultimate with federal skip on which includes all the Cut Scenes, Miyama & Test stages simply pressing X button. Might be old news but whoever did that should look into it. Also bit gutted about this costume pack for Ultimate that's available the whole thing broken up due to Bass C1 with a mega crash on Ayane C5.

Not had much luck getting the best out the Xbox run. I'll put in 1.44 files in for sure.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Have ya'll considered porting over some of the balance changes from the DOA4 beta? https://mega.nz/file/wSpUmSbb#hMnPLhy02VRnMnL4K8yhx3bG2gZKAhIEWY7UhnM4kbs
Unfortunately some of the data is corrupt due to bitrot but it might be possible to salvage something.

Edit: SEIZURE WARNING - do not play the clip below if you are or may be prone to seizures. Yeah, did I not tell you about this? lmao

Last edited:

DP_Man

A couple of questions:

1) Do I need a NTSC-J copy of DOA3 for this? Is there a possibility that it will work with PAL or NTSC-U versions of DOA3?

2) If I need a NTSC-J copy, can you help me find an ISO of it? I tried downloading one from ROMSPURE or whatever, but when I open it, it's mostly empty

Edit: I would love to buy a disk from Amazon or Ebay, but they don't ship it to my country

Last edited:

Gultigargar

The mod works with any version of the game. You just need to have the actual game files in a folder where you can drag the new files into.

DP_Man

The mod works with any version of the game. You just need to have the actual game files in a folder where you can drag the new files into.
Okay, thank you. I have a disk with DOA3, but I'm not sure which version it is, probably PAL. Also quick question: how do I change to DOAD UI? Where do I need to put files?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD