DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone can help me?

I downloaded cxbx so I could play doa3++, tried it and it wouldn't boot up..

I read I needed the OG doa3, I downloaded it, and I extracted the iso to get the default.xbe thing so I could play it. Everything in the folder as it should, I booted up the emulator and AGAIN tried to play the OG doa3.. didn't work.

I asked a friend for help, I tried to boot it up multiple times and it'll occasionally have the FPS info or whatever at the top as if it's booted up but nothing is running, and when I try to hit f5 to try to start it again it gives me this stupid message saying the game is already running when there's nothing even remotely running besides the emulator screen which I'm stuck at.

I go ahead and replace the xbe with the doa3++ one and even that doesn't work. Can someone help me because this is my second time trying to play this and nothing is working and I'm really close to just deleting the emulator and moving on since this is a waste of time and excitement.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Anyone can help me?

I downloaded cxbx so I could play doa3++, tried it and it wouldn't boot up..

I read I needed the OG doa3, I downloaded it, and I extracted the iso to get the default.xbe thing so I could play it. Everything in the folder as it should, I booted up the emulator and AGAIN tried to play the OG doa3.. didn't work.

I asked a friend for help, I tried to boot it up multiple times and it'll occasionally have the FPS info or whatever at the top as if it's booted up but nothing is running, and when I try to hit f5 to try to start it again it gives me this stupid message saying the game is already running when there's nothing even remotely running besides the emulator screen which I'm stuck at.

I go ahead and replace the xbe with the doa3++ one and even that doesn't work. Can someone help me because this is my second time trying to play this and nothing is working and I'm really close to just deleting the emulator and moving on since this is a waste of time and excitement.
Did you follow the instructions I posted? You sure you loaded default.xbe in CXBX? When you load it, Ayane's picture should be in the lower right corner.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Did you follow the instructions I posted? You sure you loaded default.xbe in CXBX? When you load it, Ayane's picture should be in the lower right corner.
That's the thing, I downloaded the game xiso. I then used a iso extract thing that my friend @SheikProject shared with me so I could get the game contents anf the xbe default thing extracted and I booted that. Didn't work for the OG DOA3

I then put the doa3++ one over the doa3 one to replace it. Still didn't work. I'm gonna try the extract thing you shared to do it but I feel like my time's been wasted since I already did all this with the iso extract I had shared with me already and now I have to try a whole new iso extract... lord please let this one work because I'm so over this, I haven't been this pissed off since when I returned back here in April X'D

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I want to help you.

But I'd ask if you could try following my step-by-step instruction guide, then let me know, if, at which step you get stuck at and I can help troubleshoot with you there.

It would also be a good thing for future users because then I can update my guide for further clarification if I wasn't clear in some section. I tried to write the guide in a way where you just need very basic computer literacy.

I would just start over from the beginning and go thru my guide, use the GUI for extract-xiso and then the cxbx steps.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want to help you.

But I'd ask if you could try following my step-by-step instruction guide, then let me know, if, at which step you get stuck at and I can help troubleshoot with you there.

It would also be a good thing for future users because then I can update my guide for further clarification if I wasn't clear in some section. I tried to write the guide in a way where you just need very basic computer literacy.

I would just start over from the beginning and go thru my guide, use the GUI for extract-xiso and then the cxbx steps.
Started everything over and deleted the emulator and reinstalled. So far it shows the fanmade info and the tecmo screen then nothing... again.

Do I need the English version of the iso or something because I have the Japanese one and it gives me some warning about the region differences and how it could cause issues unless I change it in EEPROM settings but idk where that's located and I really don't want to have to download a new English ISO and restart the whole process if I don't have to.

Do you either know where the EEPROM settings are so maybe I can change them and see if that'll finally let me play or maybe you can just zip your extracted iso file and mediafire or wetransfer me it so I don't have to go through all this again? I'm ready to give up since it's going on to about 2 hours

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Started everything over and deleted the emulator and reinstalled. So far it shows the fanmade info and the tecmo screen then nothing... again.

Do I need the English version of the iso or something because I have the Japanese one and it gives me some warning about the region differences and how it could cause issues unless I change it in EEPROM settings but idk where that's located and I really don't want to have to download a new English ISO and restart the whole process if I don't have to.

Do you either know where the EEPROM settings are so maybe I can change them and see if that'll finally let me play or maybe you can just zip your extracted iso file and mediafire or wetransfer me it so I don't have to go through all this again? I'm ready to give up since it's going on to about 2 hours

You talking about this screen?

loRXlj9.png

Click "Yes" which I assume you did.

Yes the screen is going to be black for awhile after the "Team Ninja" logo. Just be patient and then the CGI opening scene should appear.

I just followed my instructions again from scratch and got it to work. Only thing I was missing was "32-bit (x86) Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable" but that's because I'm on a stripped down OS.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You talking about this screen?

loRXlj9.png

Click "Yes" which I assume you did.

Yes the screen is going to be black for awhile after the "Team Ninja" logo. Just be patient and then the CGI opening scene should appear.

I just followed my instructions again from scratch and got it to work. Only thing I was missing was "32-bit (x86) Visual C++ 2022 Redistributable" but that's because I'm on a stripped down OS.
You mean the the tecmo logo right? I don't see a team ninja logo yet but hopefully it won't be long, but just before I give up I'll download the English USA one first so I won't have to hopefully deal with the wait. I'm just annoyed since the USA one has taken almost 2 hours to download and irs still on 1.7GB while the Japanese one only took like 20 to 30 minutes so I'm hoping I won't have to wait

And do you put that visual distributable in the doa3 folder or something to make it load faster since I didn't think it'd take a while to load the game, I thought it'd just be logos, cgi opening and then the game but from what it seems I'll have to wait even longer just to get to the cgi opening xD

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Do you Discord, KL? It's easier to talk there and share files. Let me know what your Discord name is and I'll send you a friend request.

If you are not getting the Team Ninja CGI logo screen then something's wrong with your file. It should immediately be after the Tecmo logo splash screen with no wait. The USA one should do the trick but we can discuss more on Discord.

You don't need the visual distributable as you were able to open CXBX without issue. I was missing that before I could open the application.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do you Discord, KL? It's easier to talk there and share files. Let me know what your Discord name is and I'll send you a friend request.

If you are not getting the Team Ninja CGI logo screen then something's wrong with your file. It should immediately be after the Tecmo logo splash screen with no wait. The USA one should do the trick but we can discuss more on Discord.

You don't need the visual distributable as you were able to open CXBX without issue. I was missing that before I could open the application.
It's apo_prince, I'm downloading the USA version now but if you do happen to have the USA version of DOA3 and can maybe Share it via wetransfer or something I'd appreciate it since I'm almost positive that the download will time out the 2nd or 3rd time I go back in my room since that happened the first time xD

Gultigargar

I don't know if perhaps this is the thing giving you trouble, but if you are using CXBX, the newest versions have a lot of trouble with video files for some reason. It takes a very long time for it to get past them, to the point that it could look like the emulator has stopped, but it actually hasn't. Very annoying, especially since older versions didn't have that problem.

Version 7290824 was the last version of CXBX before that problem was introduced, so one thing you could try is downloading that and try running the game with it.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
also, just press start or A button when you are at a black screen as it might be trying to play a video file it can't find or load. All of the instances where it would be idling for playing a video in these cases are skippable by pressing A or Start. So just try booting and mashing start, and if you don't get to the Title Screen within 3 minutes then the emulator hung.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Downloaded @Rob files he Google drived me. Downloaded his cxbx, downloaded the USA version of DOA3. Still nothing is working. Mashed started to skip screen, still nothing working. Downgraded the cxbx to one that doesn't have issues playing the movies, still not working.

If anyone can seriously help me find way to let me play the emulator, please let me know. I'm legit over trying, I'm likely gonna delete the emulator and the isos in a few days since this has been the most utter waste of my time yet and I still can't play the damn DOA3++ game, not one damn thing is working and it's been 2 days.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Ok so wait.

The zip files I sent you. You extracted those to separate folders, booted up CXBX, went to File->Open Xbe... selected my default.xbe file in that "doa3extracted" zip file...and still no Team Ninja logo CGI movie?

I'm using default settings for everything in CXBX, I haven't touched anything outside of changing the EEPROM configuration to skip that warning screen:

uulhJb8.png

This is probably irrelevant to trying to fix the issue, but what are your computer specs?

I'm going through various CXBX settings and I'm not seeing anything you could tweak to get this to work. There must be some kind of conflict.

What I would do personally is that you try loading that default.xbe file, start the emulation...and just wait. Wait 15 minutes or more. if you're still not getting any of the pre-rendered movies to show up...then I'd try XEMU as your emulator.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ok so wait.

The zip files I sent you. You extracted those to separate folders, booted up CXBX, went to File->Open Xbe... selected my default.xbe file in that "doa3extracted" zip file...and still no Team Ninja logo CGI movie?

I'm using default settings for everything in CXBX, I haven't touched anything outside of changing the EEPROM configuration to skip that warning screen:

uulhJb8.png

This is probably irrelevant to trying to fix the issue, but what are your computer specs?

I'm going through various CXBX settings and I'm not seeing anything you could tweak to get this to work. There must be some kind of conflict.

What I would do personally is that you try loading that default.xbe file, start the emulation...and just wait. Wait 15 minutes or more. if you're still not getting any of the pre-rendered movies to show up...then I'd try XEMU as your emulator.
Yeah I just extracted everything like I should but nothing. I'm kinda not interested atm in waiting for the screen so I'll try it later and if it doesn't work I'll switch to Xemu again to see if maybe that'll work since xemu didn't even play doa2u without constant slow stutter

And idk my exact specs but they should already be enough, I have a 3ds, ps2 and psp emulator and they all work fine so idk why suddenly the Xbox emulators are giving me problems

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Yeah all I can really suggest is some other basic troubleshooting to try to isolate where the issue might lie. Like try playing a different Xbox game. See if it works or not. Preferably find a game that has a CG opening cutscene. Could always try Ninja Gaiden. If another game works flawlessly, pre-rendered cutscenes load fine...then there's probably an issue with that DOA3 iso file. Or if it can't run a different game, then there's an issue with the emulator or your computer can't run it. Gotta do some process of elimination.

Gultigargar

Couple of things you could try just for good measure: Tick these options on in the settings menu
zwidtLq.jpg
View attachment 38215
And double-check in the config input menu: Have you set up your buttons? And have you set it so that a virtual controller has been "plugged in"? (I believe that CXBX has nothing plugged in by default)
9PnhLvw.jpg
View attachment 38216

This also sounds kind of strange:
So far it shows the fanmade info and the tecmo screen
If it's doing that, then your emulator is actually up and running the game, so you should be good from there. Does that game crash? What is preventing you from getting further?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Couple of things you could try just for good measure: Tick these options on in the settings menu
zwidtLq.jpg
View attachment 38215
And double-check in the config input menu: Have you set up your buttons? And have you set it so that a virtual controller has been "plugged in"? (I believe that CXBX has nothing plugged in by default)
9PnhLvw.jpg
View attachment 38216

This also sounds kind of strange:

If it's doing that, then your emulator is actually up and running the game, so you should be good from there. Does that game crash? What is preventing you from getting further?
I'll try those later today, and it'll show the information like I said but won't advance past the black screen I'm guessing the opening logo and opening movie play in

B3RRY

Yeah I just extracted everything like I should but nothing. I'm kinda not interested atm in waiting for the screen so I'll try it later and if it doesn't work I'll switch to Xemu again to see if maybe that'll work since xemu didn't even play doa2u without constant slow stutter

And idk my exact specs but they should already be enough, I have a 3ds, ps2 and psp emulator and they all work fine so idk why suddenly the Xbox emulators are giving me problems
that's not how emulation works just because you can run one console doesn't mean you can run another you probably have low specs if its constantly stuttering but also the game isnt perfectly emulated yet some stages do have issues but only on certain spots of the stage but thats if you run the game on windows for whatever reason the game runs perfect on a linux pc lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD