DOA4's top 25 (When it mattered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here are not that articulate but I understand what they are trying to express. If you do not play offline it does not matter how good you are, to them the players who only play online only are nonexistent or as they call it "scrubs, trash, or garbage". Then they sit in the corner and bicker about why nobody plays offline except for the same 10 people playing in private rooms and trying to find that 1 solid way to play the same, can't ever find it because it does not exist. They get beat by scrubs who play the game for what it is adopt similar strategies which they consider solid and from there its all rinse and repeat cycles. It is what it is! IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!

Relius Starkiller

Pretty much yeah.

:bayman::Genfu::helena: "Aww man, no ones coming to the offline events! How can we get them there."

:hitomi: "Hey guys, I'm new. Wanna play some games?"

:bayman: "WTF, I thought this was a private room guys. Lemme go make another."

:hitomi: "What? Wait, I just want a few matches!"

*EVERYONE LEAVES*

:hitomi: "Cock smoking faggots. I hope I never see those guys again."

Trush me kid, you will - you'll just never play them.

Everyone hates to admit that the best online players are good enough to compete offline because they think tat by giving them that nod it gives them less incentive to come offline - which is ass backwards thinking.

You think telling the great online players they aren't good until they go offline is going to get them offline faster than admitting that they are good enough to win offline?

That could work - what could also work is all of us getting down on our hands and knees and praying to god that DOA3, 3.1, 4 and Dimensions was loc tested and released in the arcade.

We could also start thinking like rational human beings and not elitist assholes.

Raansu

Everyone hates to admit that the best online players are good enough to compete offline because they think tat by giving them that nod it gives them less incentive to come offline - which is ass backwards thinking.

You think telling the great online players they aren't good until they go offline is going to get them offline faster than admitting that they are good enough to win offline?

That could work - what could also work is all of us getting down on our hands and knees and praying to god that DOA3, 3.1, 4 and Dimensions was loc tested and released in the arcade.

We could also start thinking like rational human beings and not elitist assholes.

Anyone can brag about being good online while beating scrubs. No one cares until you prove it in a tournament, that's what you don't understand and probably never will understand.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Anyone can brag about being good online while beating scrubs. No one cares until you prove it in an offline tournament, that's what you don't understand and probably never will understand.
Fixed for resistance to potential word-twisting.

Relius Starkiller

Anyone can brag about being good online while beating scrubs. No one cares until you prove it in a tournament, that's what you don't understand and probably never will understand.

No I understand your point just fine, but my point is two fold.

A) I'm talking about online players who can beat great offline and online players.

B) Awesmic fixed your statement. Fact is that you guys don't take online seriously, thats your prerogative but don't get it twisted, most of the competitive DOA community does (FYI, the majority of them aren't here.). Take yourself for example - you're not very good online and you come offline and you're still not good.

Should you be counted among the elite because you showed face?

Would you honestly count yourself in the same league as JimLoveTessa, Eletrifiedmann, Angry Worm, Master Ari or Sylnt Avi?

And everyone seems to be shirking this question but here it is again: What (perceived) elite level online player came offline and stunk it up? Fact is you all know that I'm right.

Fixed this for you.

Is that a joke?

Master does online endurance matches against nobodies all the time - just the other day he did one with Darth Vader and I see the guy playing in public rooms much more often now than I ever saw guys like Mamba and PL back in the day.

But you wouldn't know this because you don't even play DOA4 - why are you talking about something you know nothing about?

Raansu

No I understand your point just fine, but my point is two fold.

A) I'm talking about online players who can beat great offline and online players.

B) Awesmic fixed your statement. Fact is that you guys don't take online seriously, thats your prerogative but don't get it twisted, most of the competitive DOA community does (FYI, the majority of them aren't here.). Take yourself for example - you're not very good online and you come offline and you're still not good.

Should you be counted among the elite because you showed face?

Would you honestly count yourself in the same league as JimLoveTessa, Eletrifiedmann, Angry Worm, Master Ari or Sylnt Avi?

A) Good for them? Go to a tournament and show the community that they can, until then, they can shut up.

B) Ya, you're right, I did poorly in doa4 playing on laggy ass tv's and simply not caring about doa4 and spent most of my time playing doa3.1. But hey, I took 3rd in DoAD which you conveniently left out, but whatever. Both games are random as fuck and the placings of both doa4 and doad tournaments show it. Course I've also never once claimed to be good at DoA, so again, whatever. I was only there to play 3.1 with Sorwah, VP, Rikuto and to talk to TN. Could of cared less about the doa4 tournament.

I've only played Jim once, and it was during one of AP's online tournaments and it was so damn laggy that it was unplayable, so I have no comment about him.

I've never heard of Eletrifiedmann.

Angry Worm is better then me hands down.

I've only played Master Air and Sylnt Avi a few times and it was looooooong ago and we were all pretty much even on matches.

Regardless of all that, it doesn't mean crap. Online is online, simple as that. If you want to recognize an online player, whatever, but it doesn't mean anything until you go to a tournament.

Jefffcore

See, I agree when it concerns players like Avi.... The others are good, but they'd have to change the way they play. Unless you're just giving examples of players that would be better than Raansu.

Even I'm close to the same level as Avi, and no one really knows who I am.

Another attitude that you might want to adjust, Raansu, is accepting everyone's opinion for what it is. You want people to shut up for not showing up to an offline tournament? Take your own advice because I know Julius Rage has been to more than one offline event. Stack your resume up against Rage's that means, following your own logic, Julius's opinion holds more weight than your own and you should shut them lips!

Raansu

Another attitude that you might want to adjust, Raansu, is accepting everyone's opinion for what it is. You want people to shut up for not showing up to an offline tournament? Take your own advice because I know Julius Rage has been to more than one offline event. Stack your resume up against Rage's that means, following your own logic, Julius's opinion holds more weight than your own and you should shut them lips!

Who said anything bout JR? Why don't you learn how to read moron. And yes, JR has attended (more like attempted by getting kicked out like the idiot he is) more events while I was spending the "golden years" of DoA4 in the military over sea's. So sorry I couldn't attend those events, I had more fun playing doa3.1 in Japan though, so I feel kind of bad for people who stomached DoA4. Regardless the statement stands. Offline is the only place that matters and ranking online players is an insult to those top players that travel.

PhoenixVFIRE

Offline is the only place that matters and ranking online players is an insult to those top players that travel.
Wait, so the fact that a top player travels somehow places that person higher than someone who plays online and probably just as good? I'm in no way disregarding offline players, especially considering many of them are the top players, but I can tell you right now that many great players I've met online weren't even old enough or were, but just didn't have money to travel to offline tournaments or had their own reasons for not(which I obviously don't know). I'm not saying they would have won, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they did.

I'm a firm believer that they were many amazing players that never got a chance to shine in offline tournaments and it'd be a shame if they didn't get the credit they probably deserve.

Chris Harris

Wait, so the fact that a top player travels somehow places that person higher than someone who plays online and probably just as good? I'm in no way disregarding offline players, especially considering many of them are the top players, but I can tell you right now that many great players I've met online weren't even old enough or were, but just didn't have money to travel to offline tournaments or had their own reasons for not(which I obviously don't know). I'm not saying they would have won, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they did.

I'm a firm believer that they were many amazing players that never got a chance to shine in offline tournaments and it'd be a shame if they didn't get the credit they probably deserve.

You give credit where credit is due :)

Raansu

Wait, so the fact that a top player travels somehow places that person higher than someone who plays online and probably just as good?
Yes. They competed, they placed, they earn that right.

I'm in no way disregarding offline players, especially considering many of them are the top players, but I can tell you right now that many great players I've met online weren't even old enough or were
And who's to judge how good they are? Especially in a random environment of online play. I can beat up on online players all day. Heck I have a 70% win average online, but that still doesn't change the fact that I don't stack up to top players. I'm nowhere near as good as Rikuto, PL, Mamba etc... Winning online isn't that hard as most online players are average at best. Even in SCV, a game I spent like a few days on I was beating online players pretty easily. Online means nothing.

, but just didn't have money to travel to offline tournaments or had their own reasons for not(which I obviously don't know). I'm not saying they would have won, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they did.
Yeah and it sucks. I've been there. I wanted to travel during the spike of doa4 competition but I was stuck over sea's. It sucks, it's part of life, but this is how the FGC works. I missed out on it and only managed to make it to D i D 7 because I was finally back in the states, but I'll have my chances with DoA5 ad if its a solid game I'll be more willing to travel.

I'm sure there are some half decent online players out there that will get noticed, but in the end it still doesn't mean much until they place in a tournament.

Relius Starkiller

Since none of you are going to answer my question, about great online players coming offline and skunking it up, I'll do it myself.

None. Not a single great online player came offline and was any worse for wear. Also, bad players who attempted offline play were just as bad (I.e The Ripgut, Jack Shit, Ransuu).

You talk about giving credit where credit is due but you don't want to accept the fact that your DOA skill set was largely honed online - even before DOA4 dropped. We're all online players who've just decided to come offline and to deny that how we play the game was largely shaped by matches we had on Xbox Live is tantamount to denying that playing against the NPC's in story mode helped you acclimate to the new systems in DOA4.

I personally don't think because I placed 2nd at Buy.com twice (thanks for bringing up the DQ) that I'm a better player than Electrifiedmann, Angry Worm or Lopedo. I know that what they do to me online will most likely happen offline as well - why do I believe that? Because I've played guys like PL, SweetRevenge and Master. Both offline and online their game is no different.

Now being that you spent most of your time in Japan Ransuu, maybe your opinion of what online is was colored by your subpar connection but for many of us we could have online matches that are far more than a decent facsimile
of an offline match.

And heres another fact - most people that show up for tournaments, in general, aren't good enough to win them but they show up regardless - like you did for D.I.D7 Ransuu. So if offline tournaments ,in general, are populated by middling players and don't guarantee that you'll be matched up against the best then how are they a better barometer of skill than playing competitors online who give you trouble on a consistent basis?

I'm so smart it hurts.

All I'm saying to YOU RAANSU is this- you claim players who do not play offline do not have a voice, therefore YOU do not have a voice. You gave your input in the thousands of tier lists and character boards but USING YOUR OWN LOGIC you should not have commented since you have never played offline... YOUR RESPONSE TO ME IS EITHER YES SIR, NO SIR, or I need you to slap me because I have yet to decode the ABC's and therefore I cannot read, SIR!

Jefffcore

"Most online players"

You're assuming that these players aren't playing anyone good, and they're just in open lobbies playing random players. What if someone who only plays online is consistently beating someone who does? (without anything corny)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Since none of you are going to answer my question, about great online players coming offline and skunking it up, I'll do it myself.
I overlooked this...

For the record, I was a terrible online player. I got told many times that I abused lag tactics and such, so I was expected to place second-to-last at DID 7. But I guess things didn't work out that way.

Chris Harris

Ok, everyone who plays online is just as good as offline players. I said it, I submit to the will of it. Sorry guys.

Move on now?

Relius Starkiller

Ok, everyone who plays online is just as good as offline players. I said it, I submit to the will of it. Sorry guys.

Move on now?

So instead of having a real discussion about this issue you'd rather just put your fingers in your ears and pretend everyone who disagrees is an imbecile?

Not everyone who plays online is as good as offline players - my point is that good is good and bad is bad and if you're good offline you're good online and if you're bad offline you're bad online (and vica versa).

You know what they call people who, when they, have to justifiy their thinking outside of a paragraph or two they throw in the towel?

We call them people who don't have their own personal opinions and are just borrowing someone elses.

So Chris, go make a thread about frame data, I'll talk about the real life issues ;)

Chris Harris

So instead of having a real discussion about this issue you'd rather just put your fingers in your ears and pretend everyone who disagrees is an imbecile?

Not everyone who plays online is as good as offline players - my point is that good is good and bad is bad and if you're good offline you're good online and if you're bad offline you're bad online (and vica versa).

You know what they call people who, when they, have to justifiy their thinking outside of a paragraph or two they throw in the towel?

We call them people who don't have their own personal opinions and are just borrowing someone elses.

So Chris, go make a thread about frame data, I'll talk about the real life issues ;)

There's nothing to discuss. . . .I just said you're right lol.

Do you want to be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD