DOA5+ for PS Vita

Kronin

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/comp.html
List of changes from DOA5 to plus. Appears that there are no new characters, but that makes sense. No tag mode or video uploads either. :( This looks awesome, though and I plan to get a Vita for this.

In addition seems that DOA5+ will have also Movies (very likely a gallery mode where to see the movies from the story mode) and a mysterious "Ad Hoc" mode/option /very likely something related to online mode).

Sad for the lack of the Tag anyway.

KwonJigglypuff

Just like DOAD.. that's stupid. Pffff, what a disappointment..

So, Team Battle/Tag Team replaced by a ryona mode, still no Leon/Ein .. seriously ?

DOA5+ looks so paltry now..

Kronin

Yeah. :( Team Ninja seems to think that you can't do real tag on handhelds. I hope they add it to Plus in an update.

Just like DOAD.. that's stupid. Pffff, what a disappointment..

So, Team Battle/Tag Team replaced by a ryona mode, still no Leon/Ein .. seriously ?

DOA5+ looks so paltry now..

Hmm... I think that it's better the lack of Tag that a Tag where to can play just with an incompetent IA.

Anyway the reasons of the Tag's lack is very likely tied to questions of framerate: "slowdowns" are something that a fighting game online (differently from Sigma 2 +) can't allow to itself.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
That's an awful lot of content being excised from the game. Not being able to practice tag is a let down.

SilverForte

No Lobbies.

picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's a full version of the core game running at 60fps. I'm happy with it. Just a little lighter on content than I thought it'd be since the cross-play was talked up quite a bit. My assumption was that all modes that PS3 can do online the Vita could. Ah well. The story mode missions being removed is incredibly odd though lol. That couldn't have taken up much space on the game. Just some text and whether you did or didn't complete it, with something leading to a title. Maybe they just ran out of dev time.

Kronin

It's a full version of the core game running at 60fps. I'm happy with it. Just a little lighter on content than I thought it'd be since the cross-play was talked up quite a bit. My assumption was that all modes that PS3 can do online the Vita could. Ah well. The story mode missions being removed is incredibly odd though lol. That couldn't have taken up much space on the game. Just some text and whether you did or didn't complete it, with something leading to a title. Maybe they just ran out of dev time.

The mission modes are probably integrated in the new Doa5+ traning (a better choice for learning the basis of the game).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The mission modes are probably integrated in the new Doa5+ traning (a better choice for learning the basis of the game).
From what I understand of the new training stuff, that's entirely possible. Good call. If that is true, however, listing it as something that was removed from the game is a questionable move from a PR standpoint...

Raansu

Hey guys, we cal it DoA+ but even though it has a + sign at the end it actually has less features!

Sarcasm aside, I assume the lack of tag is a memory issue. However, the lack of lobbies makes no sense unless they feel the 3g would hinder performance for ps3 users which in that case just disable lobbies when using 3g and enable it when on a wifi (most ps3 users use wifi anyways)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It has custom soundtracks. The PS3 version doesn't but the Vita does.

Two weeks til release!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD