DoA5:LR DLC Outfits Packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juihau

Can anyone explain why Hitomi got Yomi? From I've seen they seem nothing alike.... Seems like just an excuse to put her in an oversized Lolita dress :/
For the most part, the most similar thing between them is their fighting styles. In particular, in SV's multiplayer, Yomi's relatively nonthreatening up close unless she already has momentum, but she's much better at controlling space than most of the cast with her long range, albeit not as good as, say, Mirai. In a sense, I personally find playing as Yomi comparable to playing as Hitomi. Though, I could just be reading too much into things. I tend to do that.
nor do I recall her actually wearing makeup,
It's not present in the anime or artwork, but it's very noticeable in-game in Burst and SV especially.
4a040cf414.jpg

7cbfe213a3.jpg

Shiranui

How do you guys know which characters will get these new costumes?
We know that Senran Kagura pack is getting 16 costumes, because it was listed in Season Pass list. Keeping in mind that this is DOA and Senran Kagura is about girls with giant tits, it is easy to think that those 16 costumes are for all DOA girls, except Alpha, Sarah and Pai.

Banana56

How do you guys know which characters will get these new costumes?

Its a 16 character pack and SK is an all girl fighting hack and slash game, meaning all females minus VFs and Alpha are getting them.

Also certain DOA girls have been shown wearing certain SK girls costumes.

Argentus

The criteria for who gets what is confusing at best lol.

"Similar personalities!"
"Same hair color!"
"Has a friendship with another character!"
"Has curly hair!"
" Has dark skin too!"

You'd think the logical approach would have just been "which SK outfit would this DOA girl actually wear but nooooo lol. Gotta have a completely different arbitrary criteria for each girl lol.

Like personality wise? None of the choices add up, nor can they.

So that leaves appearances. So we got kasumi and Marie rose which okay makes sense, and yomi for hitomi because the formers outfit is vaguely Germanic okay, but then Christie and helena got what the fuck costumes based on....vaguely similar arm folding intro and hair color respectively lol? The outfits don't suit the ladies at all so the matchup feels poor lol.

It seriously feels like they are dart boarding half of these matchups lol.

RetroMe91

The criteria for who gets what is confusing at best lol.

"Similar personalities!"
"Same hair color!"
"Has a friendship with another character!"
"Has curly hair!"
" Has dark skin too!"

You'd think the logical approach would have just been "which SK outfit would this DOA girl actually wear but nooooo lol. Gotta have a completely different arbitrary criteria for each girl lol.

Like personality wise? None of the choices add up, nor can they.

So that leaves appearances. So we got kasumi and Marie rose which okay makes sense, and yomi for hitomi because the formers outfit is vaguely Germanic okay, but then Christie and helena got what the fuck costumes based on....vaguely similar arm folding intro and hair color respectively lol? The outfits don't suit the ladies at all so the matchup feels poor lol.

It seriously feels like they are dart boarding half of these matchups lol.
Do your research... I say this because people have posted reasons for why the characters make sense (including me) several times and it seems like you just don't care because you are pissed about Mila not being Daidouji. The main criteria here has been a mix of personality, how each character fits in their respective universe, and character relationship. Like I stated before, I am only confused by Helena. Everyone else has made sense (including Christie which I have explained in three previous posts).

Shiranui

Well, is not like all DOA girls have an alter-ego in Senran Kagura universe. Some of DOA girls can match up with a SK character because of their personality, others can match because their fighting style, others simply match up because they are very similar in therms of how they look. Others don't even match up to anyone. So, I guess Team Ninja don't apply the same criteria for all cosplays. In Kasumi's case it's because Asuka and Kasumi are the main character, even their personalities are very different. In MR case it's because Mirai is the little gothic loli girl, even they don't look similar at all. In Daidouji/Rachel case it's because they fight similar even they don't have anything in common in their external look. In Christie's case it's because Miyabi has the same hair and that makes she looks exactly like Christie, even their fighting styles or backgrounds have nothing in common. Even more, in Nyo case it's because Murakumo uses a mask and wears traditional japanese clothes that more or less can fit with Nyotengu. But just look the character without the mask. She doesn't look at all to Nyo, she looks more like Kokoro or Momiji. But everyone agreed it could be a great cosplay for Nyo.

Maybe we should stop worrying about "the sense" and just see that they are the DOA girls we all already know wearing SK designs.

Last edited:

Argentus

Do your research... I say this because people have posted reasons for why the characters make sense (including me) several times and it seems like you just don't care because you are pissed about Mila not being Daidouji. The main criteria here has been a mix of personality, how each character fits in their respective universe, and character relationship. Like I stated before, I am only confused by Helena. Everyone else has made sense (including Christie which I have explained in three previous posts).
Pay attention.

I'm pointing out how the reasons are inconsistent between characters.

Like peoples reasons for Christie have been "white haired evil girl with a snake theme" which no. Not actually evil, personalities couldnt be further apart, she's actually demon themed, not snake, (aside from some tendrils during attacks), costume style doesn't match up, etc. Literally the only similarity has been "same hair".

They don't fit in their universes in the same way at all.

The main problem, like I said, is that the reasons are inconsistent, and we all have to come up with different reasons for each character, rather than an overall theme we can understand.

And please don't try to just disregard everything I say just because I don't agree with Rachel as daidoji. I see her as a dominatrix who accentuates her womanhood with her mannerisms, so its really hard to imagine her as a power brawler like that. As for Mila, daidoji was my second choice after id given up on Hikage who I thought Christie would get.

Anyways, compared to kasumi and Marie rose and nyotengu, Christie and Helena's outfit choices are shaky at BEST. Now granted this is because there is no direct parallel girl like the others, but there were better fits (literally and figuratively) then the seductive ojou and the masculine lady of war for the classy opera singer and sadistic assassin lol.

Why are people confused about Helena/Haruka ?

Both are extremely precious, rich and sophisticated blonde ojous. Lisa would have been another choice for Haruka, but in the opposite, no real female in SK fits Helena better in terms of personality or background.
I feel like ikaruga would have worked as well.

Well, is not like all DOA girls have an alter-ego in Senran Kagura universe. Some of DOA girls can match up with a SK character because of their personality, others can match because their fighting style, others simply match up because they are very similar in therms of how they look. Others don't even match up to anyone. So, I guess Team Ninja don't apply the same criteria for all cosplays. In Kasumi's case it's because Asuka and Kasumi are the main character, even their personalities are very different. In MR case it's because Mirai is the little gothic loli girl, even they don't look similar at all. In Daidouji/Rachel case it's because they fight similar even they don't have anything in common in their external look. In Christie's case it's because Miyabi has the same hair and that makes she looks exactly like Christie, even their fighting styles or backgrounds have nothing in common. Even more, in Nyo case it's because Murakumo uses a mask and wears traditional japanese clothes that more or less can fit with Nyotengu. But just look the character without the mask. She doesn't look at all to Nyo, she looks more like Kokoro or Momiji. But everyone agreed it could be a great cosplay for Nyo.

Maybe we should stop worrying about "the sense" and just see that they are the DOA girls we all already know wearing SK designs.
Thank you.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I have to agree with RetroMe and Shiranui. The DOA girls and SK girls are of course not completely congruent (is that the right English expression?) with each other. So, when deciding which SK outfit goes to which DOA girl, different things have to be considered, like character, look, fighting style and so on. (They seem to be equally important.) In rare cases all might fit perfectly by coincident, in many cases it mostly fits, but one thing might seem off. You can't help it. So far TN made good choices though, didn't they? I'm also sure, that Marvelous also had a say, which SK costume made most sense with which DOA girl and they should know best.

Kronin

In Daidouji/Rachel case it's because they fight similar even they don't have anything in common in their external look.

Just a sidenote but Daidouji is actually a blonde girl even if with a different hair color from Rachel:

IHVJZRA.jpg

Reactions: Kyo
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD