DOA5: New Gameplay Demo Trailer of Ayane and Hayabusa

Raansu

Bleh, the other trailers made it seem like back stuns were viable again. This video shows otherwise as Ayane slow escaped and turned around damn near instantly. That's disappointing.

Edit:

I did however find it hilarious to watch Ryu's Izuna get messed up by the beams moving around from the crane lol.

DrDogg

Why hasn't anyone posted about this?

Because if you told me this was a new DLC level for DOA4, I wouldn't argue with you. The more Alpha build trailers I see, the less hope I have in the game being good. I'm ready for post-Akira, up-to-date trailers so I can think positive thoughts about DOA5 again.

On a side note, and completely irrelevant to a good DOA5... I don't like how the character select is two separate frames. It cuts off the side of the characters when it zooms in.

Allan Paris

On a side note, and completely irrelevant to a good DOA5... I don't like how the character select is two separate frames. It cuts off the side of the characters when it zooms in.

I noticed that too, it bothered me on first site, but I think I'd eventually get over it. I also don't like the stats they put up for the characters.

Game Over

The more Alpha build trailers I see, the less hope I have in the game being good. I'm ready for post-Akira, up-to-date trailers so I can think positive thoughts about DOA5 again.

LOL!!! (couldn't resist!)

Carry on with thread ...

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I like how ayane's low hold at 0:39 is out there for like a year and she gets hit in the face with a power blow.

I also like how you can tell the difference in animation super easily. Hopefully that carries over to some of the abusive characters like zack and jann lee who had nearly identical animations between standing a crouching holds.

Game Over

In other news, I notice a "side-step" @ 1:15 of this vid (by 'Busa vs Ayane's knee)....

Are we done noting those yet?

Bleh, the other trailers made it seem like back stuns were viable again. This video shows otherwise as Ayane slow escaped and turned around damn near instantly. That's disappointing.

She SEed, and got launched! Maybe back-turned stuns will grant frame advantage, at least.

They get really low for those low holds now.

Makes them easier to react to. I approve!

Allan Paris

Oh I like it too, I wasn't saying that as a bad thing. I just think about certain characters in doa4 that low hold and I can't tell when they are doing it, Tengu being the main one.

Edit: Also when she SE'd she didn't block, as the AI never does when they are caught back turned. She just took the launcher.

Aion

I like the character stats, not for their accuracy, but simply because things like this work well with the casuals/newcomers that play the game without actually harming gameplay.

ScattereDreams

I don't think too many people will play characters based off stats. Not every opened the SCV guide, looked at the character stats, and go "hell yea!" when they say Astarath and, Natsu. (Which are probably getting nerfed anyway this week).

As for the low holds. I like it Ayane really did drop it low. I'm more worried about the other holds. I can't tell the difference between mids-highs with Helena.

x Sypher x

At 1:18 Ryu doesn't get such a high launch. Was it because Ayane SEed?

Also, now all that's left is Hitomi vs Ryu. Not that it matters though lol.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
A lot of the alpha footage has made me more concerned with the development of the game than anything.

Look at Busa's :3::3::P:: they gave him a follow-up high in addition to the low he had before. Now he gets to mix-up the two and I have to guess based on that.

They're continuing down the route of making DOA about the guess, rather than the attack.

Belinea

Is it really a mix-up though if the same one action will beat either attack? In this case all you have to do is guard low.

MrMoon360

A lot of the alpha footage has made me more concerned with the development of the game than anything.

Look at Busa's :3::3::P:: they gave him a follow-up high in addition to the low he had before. Now he gets to mix-up the two and I have to guess based on that.

They're continuing down the route of making DOA about the guess, rather than the attack.

I don't think that's out of bounds for a balanced mix up.
If you counter low, you'd still miss the high kick.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Not sure why it hadn't been posted, it was on my status update here. Analysis and video Here.

In other news, I notice a "side-step" @ 1:15 of this vid (by 'Busa vs Ayane's knee)....

Are we done noting those yet?

She SEed, and got launched! Maybe back-turned stuns will grant frame advantage, at least.

Makes them easier to react to. I approve!

You are right game over that was a sidestep against ayane.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Is it really a mix-up though if the same one action will beat either attack? In this case all you have to do is guard low.
Except I'm not just guessing between high and low here though. Busa has the ability to delay either of those follow-ups by however many frames. So now on top of guessing which level he'll attack, I'm also guessing when he'll attack. He can also not do anything but I can't tell if he free-canceled or is just delaying his string. By the time I can tell, I've missed my opportunity to react accordingly. I'm constantly guessing in this scenario. Tone down the string delay and make people commit to an attack.

ScattereDreams

and if they free cancel and, you counter you get thrown.

Honestly, how is it any different from SCV with Astaroth's 1A,A/1A,B? Or his counterhit 6k? You have 2 grab options and 1 chance to guess right.
(Sorry if you don't know what i'm referring to. Most people know Astaroth's moveset). What DOA5 need's is some fuzzy guard inputs. More safe options and, alternatives for countering.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD