DOA5 Weekly League

Would you be interested in a weekly online league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yaguar

Working on a league table and a fixture list so people will only need to play a few people each week to qualify in the league. This should give people more option if they need to reschedule a game with someone.

To try and keep it going and managed I will set a play date (1 day a week where I'd like people to try play their weeks matches). If you can't make that day it will be up to you to work out a new date. Failure to do so will result in penalisation. It isn't all on you though!

Now since your opponent should be getting this message whilst playing their games (if you thought to send it in advance and were courteous to them), and will have to come to the forum and report scores later (unless we have someone able to monitor and record matches, which would be awesome!) they will at this point be in charge of working with you to reschedule. If they fail to reply the penalty will be on them.

Should both parties have an issue, we'll move it to another date and I'll intervene and try to help set something up.

Hope this seems fair to everyone as I don't want anyone missing a match to (on either the having to miss or being stood up sides) feel they've lost out.

So finally!
For a 22 man league, 3 matches a week, 7 week league ( (22 - 1) / 3 = 7 ). So even if you have a busy life I'd hope you have time to join in and play. And yes this formula can be modified to shorten each run through the league, add more people and so on.

Yaguar

Had to nip into work this morning but I'll finish up the fixture list and try make it all presentable after a couple of games on DOA and post it up so people can grab spots. I'll start a new thread for it and place up both a PS3 and XBox league with 22 slots each (to begin with). If I have to expand or reduce them I'll sort it out as required.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'd love to, but unfortunately I don't think my schedule would allow for consistent matches every week."

Will you post the results here for everyone to see?

Yaguar

[SIGN UPS ARE OPEN]

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjTv1FzT2GUGdGlldF82ay1EcEYyV3IwNHk4VmJGNmc

Letters will be updated with names once a spot has gone.

Preferred letter:
Region:
Format (PS3/XBox):
In game ID:

I've updated the OP and added some of the "rules" there (missed matches and disputed scores). I'll duplicate the document for XBox later on, so don't worry that it says "PS3". Anything in the ruling you don't agree with, let me know accompanied with a valid reasoning and they'll be modified as the community see's fit. I don't expect them to be broken ever but they are there as a safety net.

At the end of the week I'll modify the league tables if spots are left open so no one misses out.

/Blitz

Ooobe

Preferred letter: O
Region: NA
Format (PS3/XBox): Ps3
In game ID: Ooobe

I won't be able to play any time other than tonight or tomorrow before the the 13th of next month :(
Yay, vacation, boo, no DOA.
It's highly unlikely I'll ever have another scheduling conflict (till this time next year anyway), so please don't give my spot away.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD