DOA5LR DOA5LR (1.03) Alpha-152 - COMBO VIDEO!

Nuke-Nin

Beautiful video but last time I checked, :8::K:, :K::K::K::K::7::K: did three points of damage more but it only works agaisnt women and :P::P::K::2::K::2::K::2::K: works on everyone so I'd stick to the second one online ;)

Chapstick

I knew I was mixing them up! could you tell me who you tested it on and if it was on counter hit?
Y'know what it's odd I looked and 8K KKKK7K actually does do 3 more on CH and 2 more on hiC. 33K FLT K 7K is still the best though

KING JAIMY

Hey @EMPEROR_COW, first off I want to say you did a great job with this combo video! But I'm wondering why you use the launch + juggle 3H+K > PPK2K2K2K instead of the mainstream 3PPPP > KKKK7K on stun level 3 / after CB?

Have a look at these damage values for example:

H+KK > PPP > 3H+K > PPK2K2K2K (NH 117, CH 144, HCH 174)
H+KK > PPP > 3PPPP > KKKK7K (NH 116, CH 148, HCH 178)

Your suggested combo only seems to be stronger on Normal Hit. In real matches, it is very unlikely that you'll land a stun on Normal Hit and on Counter and Hi-Counter the damage is 4 points higher for the second combo. You also said that using PPK2K2K2K as an ender has the potential benefit of being left at frame advantage if the opponent tech rolls, but I think 3PPPP > KKKK7K has an even bigger benefit and that is the ridiculous knockback which can interact with the environment such as walls, dangerzones, etc.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hey @EMPEROR_COW, first off I want to say you did a great job with this combo video! But I'm wondering why you use the launch + juggle 3H+K > PPK2K2K2K instead of the mainstream 3PPPP > KKKK7K on stun level 3 / after CB?

Have a look at these damage values for example:

H+KK > PPP > 3H+K > PPK2K2K2K (NH 117, CH 144, HCH 174)
H+KK > PPP > 3PPPP > KKKK7K (NH 116, CH 148, HCH 178)

Your suggested combo only seems to be stronger on Normal Hit. In real matches, it is very unlikely that you'll land a stun on Normal Hit and on Counter and Hi-Counter the damage is 4 points higher for the second combo. You also said that using PPK2K2K2K as an ender has the potential benefit of being left at frame advantage if the opponent tech rolls, but I think 3PPPP > KKKK7K has an even bigger benefit and that is the ridiculous knockback which can interact with the environment such as walls, dangerzones, etc.

3pppp > kkkk7k is better on ch/hch wise and in environmental states yes absolutely, but i prefer the 3h+k ppk2k2k2k in open areas to keep the pressure on and stay in the opponents face.

I did show the 3pppp kkkk7k in the video but i guess i should have switched it in the counter hit combo just to show all options.
I actually wanted to show that the 3h+k juggle works with all CBs.. reason being that some characters (especially Zack) get different threshold heights from different CBs for some stupid reason and I wanted to show that all 3 CBs were the same.

KING JAIMY

3pppp > kkkk7k is better on ch/hch wise and in environmental states yes absolutely, but i prefer the 3h+k ppk2k2k2k in open areas to keep the pressure on and stay in the opponents face.

I did show the 3pppp kkkk7k in the video but i guess i should have switched it in the counter hit combo just to show all options.
I actually wanted to show that the 3h+k juggle works with all CBs.. reason being that some characters (especially Zack) get different threshold heights from different CBs for some stupid reason and I wanted to show that all 3 CBs were the same.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

Chapstick

Posting a combo vid on someone else's combo vid?

tumblr_inline_ni1iiuKrVX1t1zq5h.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD