DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacthunder

I'm sorry, but they need to fire that musical team they have now! DOA5s music is so horrible and this theme too!
Even the DOA1 version sounds much better !
Uhhh, no that sound so 80's. This doesn't compare to Raidou's new theme it's pretty weak and makes him sound like a nice guy lol.

SilverForte

I'm just going to say this once.

THE PROJECTILE IS GARBAGE, DONT USE IT.

Thanks.

But seriously, unless you actually played doad you wouldn't know, but it is really complete crap.

1. You can block it
2. You can evade it with a hold.
3. Raidou can't cancel it
4. You can probably sidestep it now

The only good projectile was genras lightning, that. is. it.

Argentus

Seriously though did anyone even play yaiba? I heard it sold terribly, and it was the first NG game I never finished. It's probably in Tecmo's interest to just sweep all that stuff under the rug
To be fair I lost interest in the entire ninja gaiden series after the first one. second game was meh, third game sucked, Yaiba looks like a fun rent but haven't done it yet.
4aae55a1f8.jpg
+
c0de0bbbd0.jpg
= New female.

That's what I think she'll end up looking like, if the poster girl is the new female character.
Can't look like Jolyne, because Capcom beat em to it with Juri, who's a straight pallets swap if Jolyne.

Id rather have a girl like FF or Mariah though.

FF_so_v04_066.png

Ffbodyexpansion.jpg

Jojo%27s_bzrre_advntr.PNG

Mariah.png

Dacthunder

What would Monday's fighting style even be? I've said this same thing when people were requesting Irene, I don't understand the logic in wanting character X when they've never actually fought before.

Irene definitely could fight like someone mentioned earlier, she's espionage AND CIA (cia's are well trained to fight and kill. These wishes are nonsense didn't TN confirm that the new female will be done from scratch? Why are people still wondering if those characters are getting in, the only way is character DLC, but where would they put them on the character select screen? There could be only one more character when removing one of the random selects. There's a bottom row but I highly doubt they'll put anything there considering they keep the same flow-it's probably a design issue.
Even if a character can't fight or is not used for fighting in a certain game, still doesn't mean they can't create a move set for them considering MvC3 added Phoenix Wright, bottom line it can be done it THEY wanted, however, Miss Monday has a 98% chance of not getting in, especially before Irene's 97% chance of not making it as well.
Honestly I consider Yaiba's events canon (even if is a kind of canon for the NG main series that you can completely doesn't get in consideration so far, something that surely lower its importance), but the point is that this remain anyway a spin-off created in first place from someone that is not Team NINJA, where the main team only cooperated.

This alone make of NGZ a secondary work compared to the rest of NG series, something that IMO doesn't make of it the first choice for TN where to get a character to add in their DoA series, with the exception to not want make specifically a tribute to it (and again, in that case the first to be chosen would be Yaiba).

It's true that we have never seen Irene to fight hand to hand, but applying a realistic logic the girl should be able to fight being an operative C.I.A agent, and this could be a good way to introduce a such real fighting style in the roster of the series. To this you can add that she already own a part in the new canon, and neither secondary even if in background because support of the ninja acting in first line (but I repeat the same things everytime XD).

From the other side Miss Monday is missing of both the things being a scientist not tied in any way with the DoA plotline (if not for knowing the existence of Ryu and Momiji, that by the way are characters more tied to the NG series). The same Team NINJA stated how they believe that she is not a fighter, and again this doesn't mean that they can't change it (we have just seen a dead character returning alive), but just that at the moment of the conception is never been got in consideration the idea that Monday is a martial artist, so it's logical to think that even now the idea behind the character is that one.
I wish Yaiba was a open world ninja game of Zombies, kind of like Dead Rising, but serious.

Edit: Now we wait till mid January for the female to be revealed lol, well lets hope they get her out of the way next month.

Last edited:

David Gregg

wtf is going on in your avatar this time.
Honestly, I have a feeling the female character is going to be underwhelming compared to Raidou.

Gen Fu is a strong and confident mature woman thank you very much. He is channeling Betty White today (thank god I only have 1 more day left to use a gen fu avatar XD).

I think they're going to go all out with the new female. And it's killing me b/c we have absolutely no clues what she'll be like or how she'll fight.

David Gregg

About the new girl though, my bet is she's American, tied to DOATEC, and Zack's gonna be all over dem tittays.

You mean Lisa? XD

Since 3 of the 4 new characters already will have some interactions with the ninjas (P4, Nyo, Raidou) I actually hope the new girl's story in 6 will not involve DOATEC.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Well, I don't have much hype for the next female... I got my Raidou now so its all good. lol

But, I find it funny that alot of people think that yaiba was solely an Inafune projct with TN slapped on it ... It was a collaboration. I think for the first time in ages (since Other M) they managed to do something unique and their own with Yaiba. Sure they had help, but it gives good promise that they can hold their ground. Excited to see what they do next.. (really upset that Ni-Oh is PS4 only tho.. :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD