DOA5U DOA5U 1.03 Patch

Drake Aldan

No, I mean like, when I did her 4PPPP it seemed slower than usual. I don't know, I might not have been pressing it fast enough tbh.
4PP (second P) has been slowed down to 19 frames. i.e. 4PP is not the blindingly fast sidestep catch~deep stun it used to be.

... which is really a shame, 4PP was my %&#@.

Man, it is going to take a while to unlearn this blender tech. Curse you, muscle memory.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Ahh, now I see why it was slower than usual. It was a little fast, now I see why they slowed it down. ;3;.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Except Rachel wasn't really a top tier as many people thought. In fact alot of folks were beginning to discover that she lost out to alot of the other top tiers. Heck, Wah himself said that she flat out lost to Bass.

Also, speaking of SF. We're not sure if unblockables are being taken out, especially since taking ti out might bring back unblockable Ultras from vanilla SFIV. Also, ComboFiend, who has final say on the balance changes has stated that vortex is an important part of SSFIV.

Vortex does not equal unblockable...and theres always a way out of a vortex in SF for the reasons i mentioned earlier as well as FADC.
but lets not talk about that now ..

I personally think the changes are very reasonable ..

MasterHavik

Alpha got nerf?Can we please leave her alone now with all the ban talk?

Momo took a small nerf.

Rachel.....well she got ran into the ground. It seems me, blackberry, and few others will become the only one that uses her. Forever lone...:(

But you know what? Zack got a buff!! Get hype!

Xhominid The Demon Within

I honestly believe Rachel's Stomp got nerfed too hard judging from what that video shows. Before, the main issue is mainly needing some level of whiff since it had too much of an advantage for the strengths it had. Now, Rachel is pretty much screwed unless she does certain combo strings and even those aren't guaranteed now.

It feels like a massive nerf for something that should have been balanced, not even Alpha or Momiji got that treatment and I honestly feel bad for her and I don't even main her.

Codemaster92163

I still don't see why anyone thinks the kick was fine. She essentially had a buffed version of Helena's old BKO 6P FT which could be used in far more situations. It's still great on hit, it's just you can't throw it out every single time you launch someone and maintain constant + frames throughout the match.

Rubedood

I still don't see why anyone thinks the kick was fine. She essentially had a buffed version of Helena's old BKO 6P FT which could be used in far more situations. It's still great on hit, it's just you can't throw it out every single time you launch someone and maintain constant + frames throughout the match.

Because it was the only thing she had to apply pressure. Without it, she's shit.
It also makes her shitty matchups even shittier.

Wakeups games should be in favor of the offender, not the defender. I would have been okay with a reduction of advantage on whiff, but this makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

Randark

• Fixed to correctly count fight records transferred from DOA5 toward title unlock requirements. Please carry over save data from DOA5 after applying this patch in order for fight records to be counted.
How do I do this if I've already transferred my fight records back on day one? they show in the records screen when you press Y or Tri

AkaShocka

Rachel was nerfed, eh? Welp, looks like I gotta take her off my OP list :)
Anyway, the new stage is great. I really like it, its different from all the others. I would like the stage in DOATEC from DOA4, but lets admit endless stairs and windows? Yea everyone will complain lol. Even though Gaia is endless too be whatevs.
Anyway, every time I played on this new stage I LOST D: lost each to everyone in a Halloween costume D: Well thats what Im get for bringing an untrained Ryu to a Rachel fight :(.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The patch it's planned to be released tomorrow for the Xbox version (and so of course the stage too).
great thx!..
also any idea about that 2nd kasumi costume in the pack ?
I think it might be a DLC for purchasing another game ..

Kronin

great thx!..
also any idea about that 2nd kasumi costume in the pack ?
I think it might be a DLC for purchasing another game ..

It's possible, because her outfit come from "Ragnarok Odyssey Ace", a sort of collaboration seen that the game in turn will include various crossovers from different game, Kasumi and Hayabusa's outfits included:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/02/close-well-get-ryu-dead-alives-kasumi-vita-hunting-game/

However, sooner or later, it will be surely available for everyone (currently the Warriors Orochi outfits are available in the Japan PSN).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD