DOA5U - Akira Thread (Combo Challenge, Changes, Combos)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I also found out that you can do the following combo off of :6::4::H+P:.

:6::4::H+P:, :6::6:, :2::H+K::P:, :2::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. 75 Damage on NH. CH 118.

Wait a minute, I thought you been found this out? I showed this to Galen when he hopped online to visit PSN via core fighters around the 4th week of the game.

Also found this hilarious combo that seems to work on Eliot:

Max threshold: :H*+K:, :2::1::4::P:, :2::P:, :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :4::6::3::P:/:2::4::6::P:.

EDIT: Oh now I see. I looked through the pages and I only mentioned the :4::P::P+K: tech when they are too lazy to get up after :6::4::H+P:. Never got the chance to mention 64T into 2P into the oooahhhhh. Also I could be wrong but the damage can be extended with another :2::P: when near a wall on light.

Back during the challenges I couldn't figure out a way to do :6::4::H+P:,:2::H+K::P:, :4::6::3::P:. So I tried to cheat thinking that :6::4::H+P:, :6::6:,:2::H+K::P:, :2::P:, :2::4_::6_::P: would work and even though it didn't, it still connected. Was toying around in training mode and found out you can connect :4::6::6::P+K: right after it.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
A week ago, I found a delicious troll combo for hotzone. It's a kill but only after the sandbag when it gets situational and impractical. Once they get PL'd they can't escape after it.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
A week ago, I found a delicious troll combo for hotzone. It's a kill but only after the sandbag when it gets situational and impractical. Once they get PL'd they can't escape after it.

That was sick.

If you double wall splat them into the sand bags, can you still score a PB on the other side? Or is it one wall only?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Wait a minute, I thought you been found this out? I showed this to Galen when he hopped online to visit PSN via core fighters around the 4th week of the game.

Also found this hilarious combo that seems to work on Eliot:

Max threshold: :H*+K:, :2::1::4::P:, :2::P:, :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :4::6::3::P:/:2::4::6::P:.

EDIT: Oh now I see. I looked through the pages and I only mentioned the :4::P::P+K: tech when they are too lazy to get up after :6::4::H+P:. Never got the chance to mention 64T into 2P into the oooahhhhh. Also I could be wrong but the damage can be extended with another :2::P: when near a wall on light.

Back during the challenges I couldn't figure out a way to do :6::4::H+P:,:2::H+K::P:, :4::6::3::P:. So I tried to cheat thinking that :6::4::H+P:, :6::6:,:2::H+K::P:, :2::P:, :2::4_::6_::P: would work and even though it didn't, it still connected. Was toying around in training mode and found out you can connect :4::6::6::P+K: right after it.
I didn't understand the timing on the dash into 2H+K. I saw it in the past but never was able to be consistent with it. Last night I finally sat down and learned it. I was feeling really good about last night too until I played 1 ranked match against a laggy spamming Pai. The match challenge first showed 5 bars, but it wasn't until the match started that the 1 bar showed. I WAS TRICKED! Made me so mad because I lost. It was so bad that an input took about a second and a half to respond after doing it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That was sick.

If you double wall splat them into the sand bags, can you still score a PB on the other side? Or is it one wall only?

It's definitely possible since you still have the PB gauge for red health. Just that the part after the sandbag I worry the most since that's the time the opponent can react to something and may follow up with the right hold. Closest thing that's least likely to escape is the sitdown stun after 214P.....that is if they choose to Hard SE it. If anything I'll probably choose 6P > 214P sitdown and CB instead of adding 3P. And then the PL.

It's definitely situational though and impractical. Only part that's guaranteed is the combos after the PL. However your right. If anything, to be safe and make sure I get the damage...I'd go with the PB.

I didn't understand the timing on the dash into 2H+K. I saw it in the past but never was able to be consistent with it. Last night I finally sat down and learned it. I was feeling really good about last night too until I played 1 ranked match against a laggy spamming Pai. The match challenge first showed 5 bars, but it wasn't until the match started that the 1 bar showed. I WAS TRICKED! Made me so mad because I lost. It was so bad that an input took about a second and a half to respond after doing it.

Ahh dam those online lol. I mean you deserve credit for going in depth to it. I'd probably never use it except for offline.

Speaking of offline. I've been starting to avoid the online and just do combos via offline now. I jump on from time to time but much less.

RoboJoe

I also found out that you can do the following combo off of :6::4::H+P:.

:6::4::H+P:, :6::6:, :2::H+K::P:, :2::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. 75 Damage on NH. CH 118.

Thanks for this. Do you know what weight classes it doesn't work on? Also, I see you have NH and CH, but what about HCH damage? I won't be able to test anything doa related until at least tomorrow, maybe even later, so I can't check this stuff myself. I'll update the post after I get this info.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Thanks for this. Do you know what weight classes it doesn't work on? Also, I see you have NH and CH, but what about HCH damage? I won't be able to test anything doa related until at least tomorrow, maybe even later, so I can't check this stuff myself. I'll update the post after I get this info.
Gen Fu and lighter.
For throws, isn't it only NH and CH/HCH?

RoboJoe

Gen Fu and lighter.
For throws, isn't it only NH and CH/HCH?

Straight from the wiki:

Counter Throw: Occurs when a Throw beats out another throws, or when a Throw beats out a charged attack. Damage is increased by 25%

High Counter Throw: This means that a character was thrown out of a Defensive or Offensive Hold. Damage is increased by 50%"

A rare occurrence, but still good to know.

RoboJoe

Makes sense, updating. Also, I hope people stop saying Akira has weak throws, because 75-118 is nothing to laugh at.

RoboJoe

Finally tested the combo myself and made a little update for accuracy. It's 75/93/112 in case someone's curious.

Zeo

I could be getting 112 off of a hi counter throw as a Akira? Ok, officially scrapping :4::6::H+P: as my tool for holders. Nevermind the fact that you aren't even factoring in potential wall damage and danger zones. I haven't been labbing enough as this guy. This is a big help.

RoboJoe

I could be getting 112 off of a hi counter throw as a Akira? Ok, officially scrapping :4::6::H+P: as my tool for holders. Nevermind the fact that you aren't even factoring in potential wall damage and danger zones. I haven't been labbing enough as this guy. This is a big help.

I planned on adding optimized wall versions, but since the throw does not throw the enemy directly behind Akira, it can get kind of awkward on properly setting it up. I'll get to it after Sunday; after the local tournament. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, check out my post on the previous page. I'm trying to help Akira newbies (like myself) by posting max damage combos to help optimize damage. If you have something superior to what you find there, by all means post it and I'll update my original post.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD