DOA5U Alpha-152 changes/wishes

MajesticBlue

Having to blatantly guess as much as you do vs the older versions of Alpha made her annoying. A 12 frame low crush mid that leaves you a +2 or 0 on block and is unholdable was pretty damn good in a game where everything is unsafe. Pretty much having the most viable frame traps in the game. Another reason I don't think her lack of wakeup kicks is that big of a deal is becasue the better characters don't let you use them anyways. She has a lot of strengths. Maybe I am the only person who feel this way though.

The glitch with 2K used to make me rage. Thank goodness they fixed that. If they want to make the last 2 hits a nautral combo that's fine all 3 is too much though. Still, as much as I dislike her, I have to admit that she should have made a smoother transition into doa 5 then she did. My problems with her were mostly in the older engine where tools were a little more scarce. Now in doa 5 there is a lot more going on and there are more options for everybody for the most part.

Imo she is just the ultimate read character. Having so many cb options seems like a massive perk as well. I still see having so many options to guess, or at least chances to guess as a strength in itself.

Imo She seems to have speed, damage, safety and a deadly as hell CB game. Is she really lacking more offensive tools like better stuns or better wall game? I am just curious. Lost my save file so I haven't gotten to mess around with her Doa 5 self much. She is a glass cannon so by picking her trading your defensive oprions for offensive ones is kinda fair in a way. Her parry does help her play 3 point hold though.

What do you guys think she really needs as a character? Not Sarcasm btw. I honestly don't know.

synce

^ Just give her a good mid P launcher and people will have a real reason to cry lol Right now you have a 50% chance of avoiding Alpha's fury, it needs to be 33%. And probably the scariest thing they could do is give her a grab from FLT... The new FLT K could be seriously interesting though. I'm eager to see if you can get a refloat with it after 8K4

MajesticBlue

Doesn't she have a threshold launcher with Ch 6P 6P giving her a full juggle? I don't remember. If so a 13 frame mid launcher after a Ch 6P sounds wicked.

DR2K

^ Just give her a good mid P launcher and people will have a real reason to cry lol Right now you have a 50% chance of avoiding Alpha's fury, it needs to be 33%. And probably the scariest thing they could do is give her a grab from FLT... The new FLT K could be seriously interesting though. I'm eager to see if you can get a refloat with it after 8K4

She has the best throw damage in the game. Derp. Hopefully she gets wake up kicks and a huge damage nerf all around.

synce

Yeah you can do 3p3p or 6p6p but too much stunning for my taste.

And sorry dr2k but if you get caught with a 20 frame throw you deserve to lose half a lifebar. But if you're gonna whine do it on TN's twitter, they listen to that stuff.

MajesticBlue

Should only be 1 counter hit stun followed by the launcher. So pretty much after a CH6P or CH3P they need to see a 13 frame mid or guess between that and her best throw. I can't remember how fast 3P is but if you can't see it the same mix up applies. I have no clue what is considered the average reaction hold is. 13 sounds pretty dang fast though.

Codemaster92163

No, Alpha should never have wake-up kicks. That's one of the main reasons she's not absurdly OP at the moment. Unless, that is, you pair it with the damage nerf, but then she'll just feel like all of the other characters in the game, and I really don't want to see that.

I also don't think she needs a mid-punch launcher. It's not really necessary considering her other offensive tools. if they're not countering mid-punch, just use :3::P: > :3::P: as mentioned above. If they are countering mid-punch, or you just want to launch with a high and they're spamming high counters, use her throws. It's not like her lack of a single-hit mid-punch launcher does her any real harm. I think, though, that her :2::3::6: :2::3::6: :T: should have a much longer recovery than it currently does. You won't believe how often I fell for incredibly fast recovery on that back in Dimensions.

Apart from that single nerf, the buffs I mentioned before would be quite nice to have. I'm thinking having a new FLT attack will make a world of difference in how many people play her, now.

synce

3:18

Almost not even worth posting because the cameraman is such a fucking retard. Fortunately still don't see any nerfs. But it doesn't seem like Alpha got a new intro or win pose :/

Nightpup

He could've just been unlucky, but to be fair she's NEVER had another intro pose. She used to have her fetal position win pose though so I hope she gets that back.

synce

Yeah that's boss. I wanna see her laugh or something, DOA2 clone style.

OMG if Alpha had a laughing taunt... I can taste all the salt right now.

Nightpup

Yeah that's boss. I wanna see her laugh or something, DOA2 clone style.

OMG if Alpha had a laughing taunt... I can taste all the salt right now.

I would love to see them just copypasta the DOA2 K-Alpha cutscene laugh onto Alpha as an intro or taunt.

synce

Hah...

fDygIHY.jpg

Alpha's the ginger stepchild of DOA

Wouldn't it be sweet if she had a mid-air PB like Momiji?

XxSakuraLuvaxX

My wishes:
- Final boss Kasumi costume with green/white glowing eyes with whatever colour glowy particle thingy
- Her special sidestep
- Ryu style teleports (88,66,22) off FLT
- THE OPTION TO GO INTO FLOAT OR NOT AFTER MOVES

synce

^ Those are nice ideas but I haven't heard of her getting any of them, although she's getting something very similar to your last wish... Let's just say FLT P has received a big change, as did FLT in general

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD