DOA5U Alpha-152 changes/wishes

Nightpup

Bad stuff, actually. Her 236236T whiff 7K mindgame is gone now, her string delays on her kicks are gone, they nerfed ANOTHER of her guard breaks...

synce

If Alpha had counters or wakeup kicks I could understand some nerfs here and there but that latest patch is just hilarious.. Also checked out training today and her guaranteed FT is still in 1.04. TN doesn't seem to know their own characters

Codemaster92163

Funny thing is, if they just removed her 236236T, they could get away with giving her wake-up kicks, actual counters, and all that good stuff. Then again, she'd just go back to being your run of the mill character again.

Nightpup

I still am a strong believer in that Alpha should have wake-up kicks. You knock her down once and it's over.

Jaguar360

She can use her parries after she gets up, but yeah, she shouldn't been banned from having wake-up kicks just because she's a boss character. It's not fun having constant pressure applied to you every time you get knocked down.

synce

Oh crap when did they destroy Alpha's wall game? I remember I could 7K someone against wall and chain that into a nice juggle. Not sure if it still worked in 1.04 but it definitely doesn't in 1.05. I guess that explains why they buffed 6T. Still she's garbage

Nightpup

They destroyed it when they "fixed a bug" with 7K so she couldn't perform another action so soon after.(Read: Total liars. They intentionally nerfed it. Again.)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh crap when did they destroy Alpha's wall game? I remember I could 7K someone against wall and chain that into a nice juggle. Not sure if it still worked in 1.04 but it definitely doesn't in 1.05. I guess that explains why they buffed 6T. Still she's garbage

In 1.04 I could follow up with a couple punches from her p string.

Jaguar360

In 1.04 you could do 3PPPP into 7K, but I haven't downloaded 1.05 yet so I don't know about now. It would be a shame if TN nerfed that. :( It wasn't even overpowered. I guess 6PPP will be the optimal wall combo if that's the case.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Her 7K seems the same as 1.04, but with the patch notes we're given by Team Ninja I just don't know. You have to look at the move they list and check it out for yourself because reading Team Ninja's patch notes is like reading Chinese.

I'm pissed at whoever mentioned 2p to Team Ninja. Because I loved slapping the shit out of someones face on the floor after a nice R.U.S.H.

The good news is, 2 H+K tracks now, but don't say it out loud or it will be readjusted.

Here is the reason Alpha players keep to themselves... because as soon as we spill the goods on our character there will be a riot for no reason against our "MONEY MAKER" character.

synce

lol Fear of nerfs is the reason I amost never share Alpha tech. There's one thing I'm shocked hasn't been nerfed yet and I know it's because TN and most players don't know about it.

As for 7K, maybe they messed up the patch notes. When they were first announced prior to 1.05 going live on consoles I tested while rising P and 7K and didn't notice any bugs with 7K, but P was 12 frames instead of 9, which they fixed now.

Tenren

yah i dont think Ill ever go on here and talk about alpha like I do other characters. Im glad her part of the forum is dead lol.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
lol Fear of nerfs is the reason I amost never share Alpha tech. There's one thing I'm shocked hasn't been nerfed yet and I know it's because TN and most players don't know about it.

Her BT 7K being 8 frames?

Nightpup

That's not worth nerfing. You rarely get the chance to use BT 7K. The only consistent use for it is if they don't tech after Float P, and a Power Launcher combo I like to use. (33KK, Float P, BT 7K).

Nightpup

OMG
GUYS
THEY STEALTH BUFFED HER.
HER POWER BLOW
AND HER CLIFFHANGERS
BOTH PLAY THE RIGHT SOUNDS NOW WHEN SHE TELEPORTS

synce

Just noticed a stealth nerf. The third kick in 6KKK used to be 8 frames, now it's 14. Not sure when this was changed as I rarely play 5U

Also for some reason H+K2H+K is still not in the move list despite being in the game since vanilla 1.00

synce

So this happened today. I was playing vanilla 1.00 Alpha and a tear came out of my eye. Okay not really but wow, you think you remember how far she's fallen but then you actually play and it's like... WOW. For real. Wow, dawg. Wow.

This was the proper reaction to seeing an Alpha in vanilla:

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.jpg

Current version:

yao-meme.png

The one saving grace? She's still fun to troll noobs with! Yes, as of April 28, 2014, there are still people who rage and try to boot you if you pick Alpha.

So, seeing as I have no faith in TN ever buffing her, my only wish now is for Alpha to be able to laugh during 236236T, so it's even more satisfying when you land it on hold spamming noobs. It's why I loved Tengu so much in DOA4

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD