DOA5U: Arcade discussion thread

xFatalDMG

In terms of the different arcades and where the hotspots are, for DOA, since it's entirely new to the scene since Millennium in 2000 it may be fresh for people.

The arcades I listed are generally the most popular in terms of heavy competition, and consistently large numbers of players. For DOA, my assumption would be Shinjuku and maybe Ikebukuro since those 2 cities are always booming.

David Gregg

Sort of on a different note but did TN ever say the new character would make it to consoles or will it stay arcade exclusive?

xFatalDMG

No word as far as I know. But on the topic of the new character, a friend of mine told me that Famitsu will be releasing the new character TODAY.

So I'll keep a look out for that!

d3v

I highly doubt the location test itself will be streamed as companies in general tend to be very controlling when it comes to location test footage.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
They released the name of the bitch. Fuck you, Team Ninja.

Wouldn't it be funny if she was a female tengu?

RoboJoe

I highly doubt the location test itself will be streamed as companies in general tend to be very controlling when it comes to location test footage.

Cell phone footage is still likely, so we will probably still see something.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Marirose is an odd name, but I'm waiting to see what direction they take her.

xFatalDMG

Another female added to the mix. Hopefully this will entice more of the female community to jump in, since now they have a plethora of female characters to choose from

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Somehow I feel like if the original 14 female fighters didn't draw them in, a 15th one wasn't going to make much of a difference...
I'm kind of surprised they didn't include someone already seen in the games. Rio would have been a very obvious choice, since she was in DOA Paradise. But I'm glad that they went with an original new character, female or male. That just gives us the choice of either liking or despising their fighting style. Let's just hope she's NOT a ninja. Lol

xFatalDMG

Great stuff Jyakotu! I'm surprised famitsu didnt tweet this out, or TN for one.

I'll still keep a look out for any images in the meantime. If not, I'll wait until sunday to get some snapshots in!

xFatalDMG

perhaps in North America it won't, but here in Japan DOA is great with females. They play a lot online here, so I'm expecting things to turn out better here in Japan land

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Mariwho???? What is this nonsense?? *sucks teeth* And the fact it's female makes me think it's all about the babes with physical appearance to draw people in or something.

TN better give her a giant nose so that I at least think it looks like Tengu.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD