DOA5U Christie

synce

So far no changes confirmed but given her success in the JP tourney scene what do you think TN will nerf in 5U?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Other than reducing stun on the standing jab jab string, I don't see much else. The tools she currently has are more than enough, even without 3k sitdown stun on CH (though it would be nice if she had it, hence why I think the nerfing of the stuns from the jabs would trade off well for this tool).

If any minor changes are to be made, it should be the usefullness of 4k2kpp near the wall. The last hit should register as a wall slam as it did in DOA4, that way Christie will have something to work with against heavyweights.

Additionally, her jab strings from 7p in DOA4 should come back, and her 6h+k (which has been a useless move for the longest time in most situations) should have advantage on block and a decent launch on hit, allowing it to be followed up by p (from BT) as a relauncher. There were more things I tweeted, but since I have issues browsing on an Xbox to look for it on Twitter, this is all I remember.

Omegan Eckhart

She doesn't really need any nerfs. As much as I acknowledge that she probably is Top Tier I still don't feel she is as overbearing as the others (Ayane, Lei Fang, Sarah ect).

My guess is that other characters will be given tools to help deal with her incredible side step. TN does that and she will be fine.

FlamingMuffin

The only move I think should be upgraded is 6H+K (as Awesmic said, it's literally useless). Other than that, I think she's fine.

E-Mann

All I really saw so far is that I saw in one of the DOA5U cutscenes is they gave Christie the ability to roll foward from her 4p+k. ;) HEHE

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
Christie got a nice new string after 7P. She can follow with two punches now. The two punches are the ones she can do BT (in DOA5) by pressing 4PP (the first punch tracks and it's -6 on block). Maybe the input for this string is simply 7PPP. Anyway it's a good addition.

(JAK)2K nerfed since it doesn't cause stun anymore.

You can see them in this video from 1:05:

Moreover it seems she can roll forward after (JAK)44 (at 5:48 the first time):

Last edited:

E-Mann

Christie got a nice new string after 7P. She can follow with two punches now. The two punches are the ones she can do from BT (in DOA5) by pressing 4PP (the first punch tracks and it's -6 on block). Maybe the input for this string is simply 7PPP. Anyway it's a good addition.

(JAK)2K nerfed since it doesn't cause stun anymore.

You can see them in this video from 1:05:

Moreover it seems she can roll forward after (JAK)44 (at 5:48 the first time):
OOOOOOO :0!

Einzelkind

Damn, the new guard break from her forward roll looks awesome. I hope it guarantees 6p like 4p+k does in 5.

Her new string from 7p also looks really promising. I hope it still gives the same kind of stun.

If 2pp still has the same refloat properties I think Christie will also benefit greatly from the new bounds.

Pokerking87

After Jak44 ~ 3p+k is still in the vanilla version.
Its now possible to whiff 4p+k and then go in to 3p+k
New Guard Break ~ 3:05 from 3p+k

FakeSypha

I'm liking these new changes. Maybe some of the transitions from JAK to roll are more gimmicky than truly useful, but I'm liking them. Lots of stuff to work with in the first weeks after launch! I love this feeling :D

That 7PPP @2:19 (I assume that is the input for it), I'm digging it!

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
Her new GB is very cool.
Anyway I would love to see her doing (BT)P+K facing front. I mean it's a good 15i mid punch launcher. Christie can do it from her Serpent stance in DOA4 and CPU can still do it in DOA5 when facing front (for some reasons). I think 3_P and (JAK)P could never replace it.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Guess what??? TN took our advice and gave her the side rolls back. Look at my thread about what she lost from E3. We all agreed to have it back.

EDIT: Unless he moved out of the way of a front roll.
EDIT#2: Nope, it was a side roll.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD