DoA5U for PC?? VOTE

extravagant

I prefer Console gaming over PC gaming. With the PC you always have to worry about crap like drivers, operating systems, anti-virus software, hardware upgrades and/or hardware compatibility, operating system compatibility with the games you want to play, constantly having to upgrade your hardware, system requirements, etc.

Consoles are nice and easy. You buy the game, you insert the game into the disc tray, you play. Simple. No BS involved.

Also, outside of the US and the UK PC gaming is an extremely expensive hobby. For the price of a gaming PC (one that can play all current games in highest settings and still achieve a smooth frame rate) I can buy a brand new car, or put the money down to start investing in buying a house. (PC hardware is ridiculously expensive in certain countries. For the price of a PS4 I can't even buy the top of the line PC graphics card, let alone a whole gaming PC). And then 6 months later that overly expensive PC is outdated and can't play any of the new games any more and needs another large cash investment for another upgrade.

No thanks. Give me Console gaming any day of the week. The extra graphical detail you get on PC is not worth that price.

I do not believe you have fully explored the maximum potential that PC can do.

With a great PC, you can record your own DIRECT HD matches and upload in on YouTube, not that shitty 480p PS3 upload verison.

With a great PC, you can record LPs/Walkthroughs with just a simple software like Fraps, attached to your gaming mic and web cam, and edit it all in simple file types and edit everything much better.

With a great PC, you can modify things and make it more personally unique to your needs. Such as modding costumes, music, menus, stages, textures, portraits, and most of these you don't even HAVE to mod it yourself, some bored/interesting genius out there gonna do it.

With a great PC, you can actually keep the community alive for DoA5U... years after this game expires its lifespan during the post-PS3/post-PS4 days.... let's face it, after a while, DoA5U will expire within the age of time... like 5 years from now. On PC, you have people still playing tons of fighting games online through MAME, nFBA, Supercade (online), etc.

There is sooooo much more you can do on a PC. Why would you rely on a sooner-to-be quick obsolete PS4 when you can buy a really great monster PC machine once, and have it last for over a decade?

You know the PS3's lifespan was not even a decade?

Argentus

I do not believe you have fully explored the maximum potential that PC can do.

With a great PC, you can record your own DIRECT HD matches and upload in on YouTube, not that shitty 480p PS3 upload verison.

With a great PC, you can record LPs/Walkthroughs with just a simple software like Fraps, attached to your gaming mic and web cam, and edit it all in simple file types and edit everything much better.

With a great PC, you can modify things and make it more personally unique to your needs. Such as modding costumes, music, menus, stages, textures, portraits, and most of these you don't even HAVE to mod it yourself, some bored/interesting genius out there gonna do it.

With a great PC, you can actually keep the community alive for DoA5U... years after this game expires its lifespan during the post-PS3/post-PS4 days.... let's face it, after a while, DoA5U will expire within the age of time... like 5 years from now. On PC, you have people still playing tons of fighting games online through MAME, nFBA, Supercade (online), etc.

There is sooooo much more you can do on a PC. Why would you rely on a sooner-to-be quick obsolete PS4 when you can buy a really great monster PC machine once, and have it last for over a decade?

You know the PS3's lifespan was not even a decade?
Consoles have their merits.

More portable than a desktop.
No worries whether you can run the game or not.
Less expensive.
More likely that friends will have the game on console than PC.
No goddamn bots.
More comfortable playing while laying down or on a couch or recliner than in a computer chair.

Only real plus sides to PC are mods and higher graphics options.

Though mods alone are why DOA will not come to PC.

extravagant

Most people nowadays hook up their PCs to home televisions in their living rooms or bedrooms.

Also PC runs smoothly at 60 FPS MUCH more easily as well. What bots? I never seen a bot before. "No worries whether you can run the game or not." That's an easily solved problem when you got a good PC.

No, there's plenty of people online in your local regions, all around the world. You can find matches.

Yes, a console is more portable. Yes, it is better for tournaments, but that's about as great as handy as it is, for the convenience of portability.

Argentus

Most people nowadays hook up their PCs to home televisions in their living rooms or bedrooms.

Also PC runs smoothly at 60 FPS MUCH more easily as well. What bots? I never seen a bot before. "No worries whether you can run the game or not." That's an easily solved problem when you got a good PC.

No, there's plenty of people online in your local regions, all around the world. You can find matches.

Yes, a console is more portable. Yes, it is better for tournaments, but that's about as great as handy as it is, for the convenience of portability.
Define most people. I have almost never seen people do that because others still wanna use the TV, can't hog up both.

Also whether you can run every he is only an easily solved problem if you are lucky enough to extra hundreds of dollars lying around.

Its not a matter of playing online with strangers. Id rather get a he on Xbox because that's what my friends have and I can play with them that why.

Rapham0n

Consoles have their merits.

More portable than a desktop.
No worries whether you can run the game or not.
Less expensive.
More likely that friends will have the game on console than PC.
No goddamn bots.
More comfortable playing while laying down or on a couch or recliner than in a computer chair.

Only real plus sides to PC are mods and higher graphics options.

Though mods alone are why DOA will not come to PC.

Consoles allow you to play 2 or 3 or even 4 players on the same machine. So I can for example invite my friends over to my house to play games with me. Most PC games don't allow you to do that. Most PC games require that EVERY player have their own PC. And I don't know about you but if I had to choose I would rather play with my friends that I personally know, as opposed to playing with a bunch of strangers. No online experience comes close to actually having the people you are playing with right there in the room with you. And constantly having to chug an entire PC around with you if you want to play at a friends house is a pain.

What PC lasts a decade without ever requiring a CPU/GPU/RAM upgrade within that time period? As I've already said PC components are expensive in my country. I can't find a decent graphics card that doesn't cost more than an entire PS4. And a decent CPU costs twice that.

You can buy the best PC on the market right now, and six months from now the games that are released will require an even stronger graphics card if you want to run ultra high settings at 60 FPS. And then 6 months after that the games that are released then will once again require an even stronger graphics card for ultra high settings at 60 FPS. People are quick to bring up that "PC games are cheap, so you pay less than Console gaming". That is where they fool you. The hardware required to run those "cheap" PC games costs more than you will ever spend on any Console set-up + games.

EDIT: How can people say the PS3 did not even last a decade? Last time I checked they were still making games for the PS3. Two years from now the PS3 will officially be 10 years old. If they are still making games for the PS3 by that time (and many game developers say they are) then the PS3 will in fact have lasted a decade. That is 10 years without having had to upgrade the GPU, the CPU or the RAM at all.

Last edited:

d3v

This really needs to happen, especially since the competition will be getting a PC port (more like PC is the lead platform).

Additionally, and this is a bit of insider info, there are companies out there that a pushing, or will be mounting a puwh for fighting games to move more to PC due to the larger sponsor pool for tournaments. More companies will be willing to get on board sponsoring fighting games if they were on PC. With DOA always being on the verge of breaking into the Esports scene (it's already been there once), TN should take this chance to put it on the platform with the most potential for growing it as a Esport.

PhoenixVFIRE

If DOA5U came to the PC, I'd probably just play there allllll the time. My only problem is that most of my friends are on the 360 sooo, I wouldn't be able to play with them most likely ? unless the PC was able to connect to PS or 360 servers somehow, but I doubt that :/

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If DOA5U came to the PC, I'd probably just play there allllll the time. My only problem is that most of my friends are on the 360 sooo, I wouldn't be able to play with them most likely ? unless the PC was able to connect to PS or 360 servers somehow, but I doubt that :/

May have been possible if Games For Windows Live was still around, but not anymore.

Sad too, since even though I prefer my games on PC, I never really had an issue with GFW because it gave me that Console Xbox 360 experience on my PC while being able to connect to my Xbox Live friends.

Brute

Standard Donor
I had so many issues with GFWL I can't say I'm particularly sad it's gone.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Only problem I had with it was it's resource hogging and marketplace compatibility.

chocogerman777

I should be happy that DOA is coming to the next-gen consoles..but I'm not...
I'm too pissed that TN has ignored PC again.
They put mediocre ass Yaiba on the PC but not DOA? God dammit..

Last edited:

Argentus

I should be happy that DOA is coming to the next-gen consoles..but I'm not...
I'm too pissed that TN has ignored PC again.
They put mediocre ass Yaiba on the PC but not DOA? God dammit..
Once again

So long as they keep making costume dlc, they will never bring it to PC for fear of losing their cash cow.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD