DoA5U for PC?? VOTE

Jack

It's because I think most of players play on wifi on consoles, unlike pc players who play with ethernet cable which is much more stable. However, we saw that Team Ninja is starting considering PC, so we just have to wait and see..... In the meantime, join this fb page https://www.facebook.com/PetitionOfDeadOrAlive5

extravagant

extravagant

I feel like it would look best on PC too since PC has the most hardware, we can run the game in its rawest display.

I remember when I played SF4 on PC for the first time, the graphics were so much more clearer and crisp than a PS3.

Blazeincarnated

Gold_Ranger_PSP_Wallpaper_by_MegaRed.jpg

I would literally learn how to mod just to make this costume for Zack lol

Yaguar

Solid reason I'd love to see this...
DOA5U Test Beta.

They could run a version of the game which is patched more often to test idea's and buffs/nerfs. The consoles have a ballache of a time to get a patch through whilst on Steam it isn't half as bad. More community feedback on those pointless changes might get to them to rework how they design and patch.

extravagant

Since we all agreed that PC isn't such a shabby idea, let's keep hounding them for answers on Twitter!

Or.... is twitter a good idea even to begin with???

mpgeist

Standard Donor
I wouldnt mind a port, but I'd rather they focus on the next proper sequel and take more advantage of the power of PC and PS4/Xbone.

extravagant

aww why not? :(

I thought there was a slight hope of chance of them acknowledging it a while back, like a month or two ago.

Argentus

Not gonna happen so long as they keep making money off costume dlc, as pc mods would eliminate that cash cow.

FuryFireFalcon

Better netcode on PC is debatable since it really comes down to how they do it. Prior to the change to Steamworks, Street Fighter 4 was pretty set as far as I was concerned, I never had a problem with it. The initial switch to Steamworks was wonky at best, I dunno how its improved since then. You also got games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition which have really good online play with consoles but the PC ports for online play has been terrible and it's turned most people, including myself off from buying them(though I have bought Mortal Kombat which i think was questionable; it was on sale).

Honestly, I think DOA5U is slipping in the PS3 department nowadays. I can't speak about how things are on the 360 but prior to maybe the last 4 updates I've never had issues with the game, and nowadays there's all sorts of weird stuff going on with the game that never used to happen before.

If they did a really good job on the netcode, i would definitely buy the game on PC. But I think that would be the deciding factor for me.

It would be nice to play in 1080. lol.

Rapham0n

Do you guys think DoA5U should be ported for PC?

PC will always have better netcode.... faster hardware, it'll keep up with the times because PS3/Xbox 360 becoming obsolete, CUSTOM MODS, expansion of player network... yeah?

I totally would love to have this game ported to PC... it's lifespan would last much longer and it'll reach out to more people.

edit: couldn't find the poll or petition function LOL

The problem with this is 99.9% of all the mods would be nude mods. Do we really need that? Most of the world already thinks that DOA is only aimed at pervs, even without any actual nudity.

EDIT:
Umm, I've played SF4 on PS3 vs PC for many years, and the connection is always better on PC. Maybe the hardware on PC is just better overall.

That's because PSN sucks dude. Have you ever played SF4 on Xbox 360? Way smoother online than the PS3 version. As are most games. PSN sucks in general. I think the only game in existence that runs good on PSN is Call Of Duty 4. XBL is a whole other story. It's hard to find a game that doesn't run smoothly on XBL.

Also, with the power of the PS4/XBONE why would we need DOA on PC? Have you seen the specs of the PS4? Crazy...

Last edited:

extravagant

The PS4 will be surpassed by PC shortly, as PC updates itself much quicker and frequently. Also, are you able to play PS3 games on the PS4?

Rapham0n

The PS4 will be surpassed by PC shortly, as PC updates itself much quicker and frequently. Also, are you able to play PS3 games on the PS4?

I prefer Console gaming over PC gaming. With the PC you always have to worry about crap like drivers, operating systems, anti-virus software, hardware upgrades and/or hardware compatibility, operating system compatibility with the games you want to play, constantly having to upgrade your hardware, system requirements, etc.

Consoles are nice and easy. You buy the game, you insert the game into the disc tray, you play. Simple. No BS involved.

Also, outside of the US and the UK PC gaming is an extremely expensive hobby. For the price of a gaming PC (one that can play all current games in highest settings and still achieve a smooth frame rate) I can buy a brand new car, or put the money down to start investing in buying a house. (PC hardware is ridiculously expensive in certain countries. For the price of a PS4 I can't even buy the top of the line PC graphics card, let alone a whole gaming PC). And then 6 months later that overly expensive PC is outdated and can't play any of the new games any more and needs another large cash investment for another upgrade.

No thanks. Give me Console gaming any day of the week. The extra graphical detail you get on PC is not worth that price.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD