News DOA5U gets Best Game Update and #3 Fighting game of 2013 @SRK

H2OEvil

http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/07/sku...ticipated-2014-release-for-shoryuken-readers/

Untitled.png

Untitled12.png

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's been a while, H20Evil.

And thanks for sharing this. It's also nice to see no one - as yet - has taken any shots at DOA5U on that site in this particular article.

Tenryuga

I didn't know skullgirls was alive enough to be considered fighting game of 2013. Congrats to them and DOA5U for winning best update. :cool:

d3v

@H2OEvil
As one of the SRK staff, is there a chance we can get a better write up of this on FSD? Just leaving a couple of large shots of the front page doesn't really reflect well on both sites.

Number 13

Sweet that both DoA5U and SG won. Fav 3D and 2D fighter respectively.

I particularly liked the update because I finally got to play Ein again and music customization was a welcome addition.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Nice!

Now if only everyone that put in all that effort to get the game that high in the votes would show up to offline events lol. That would REALLY help a lot.

Last edited:

13ways

Yay DOA5U won best update and SG won FG of the year. Skullgirls deserves the award it is a very fun game

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
DOA5U deserved Best Update. IMO, however, I think Blazblue CP should have won Best Fighter 2013. It's actually really fun. I don't really know many people who play Skullgirls, but it's still somewhat fun casually.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I know I can't take the comments serious on SRK site, but those comments sickens me to see people bash on the game. Saying crap like "DOA5U best update? lol are they stupid? they never played real good fighting games then." or "Out of all games, dead or alive 5 ultimate got best update? holy hell this is funny.". <<<< I was quite annoyed about it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I know I can't take the comments serious on SRK site, but those comments sickens me to see people bash on the game. Saying crap like "DOA5U best update? lol are they stupid? they never played real good fighting games then." or "Out of all games, dead or alive 5 ultimate got best update? holy hell this is funny.". <<<< I was quite annoyed about it.

Pay no attention to the common ignorance. It happens and our game will receive more respect from those that see our players playing it well at events (especially majors) and when players picking it up actually decide learn the game and it's mechanics. DOA's mechanics are deep, lots of people fail to realize it.

H2OEvil

@H2OEvil
As one of the SRK staff, is there a chance we can get a better write up of this on FSD? Just leaving a couple of large shots of the front page doesn't really reflect well on both sites.

Hello everyone, long time no see lol

ummm I just copy and pasted shots from the site, I don't actually have access to the front page and didn't know this was going to be on the front page. I just wanted to show people the game was awarded XD

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Pay no attention to the common ignorance. It happens and our game will receive more respect from those that see our players playing it well at events (especially majors) and when players picking it up actually decide learn the game and it's mechanics. DOA's mechanics are deep, lots of people fail to realize it.
-I would say 12-13 years ago I did an extensive break down of DOA3/3.1 in comparison to that of VF4/EVO Depth wise. That breakdown made it very clear that DOA is an extremely deep fighter and is just as competitive worthy! VF5 Characters in the DOA universe once again proved this to be fact. The system is so deep that those featuring characters were able to retain virtually all of their VF5 gameplay nuances, and those that did not, were compensated with DOA specific nuances that rival those missing from VF5. With that said, it is merely a fact that these players like to revel in their ignorance!

13ways

DOA5U deserved Best Update. IMO, however, I think Blazblue CP should have won Best Fighter 2013. It's actually really fun. I don't really know many people who play Skullgirls, but it's still somewhat fun casually.

You kidding, SG is played by lots of expert players and was made by Mike Z also an expert FG player. It's also been in Evo quite a few times too.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
You kidding, SG is played by lots of expert players and was made by Mike Z also an expert FG player. It's also been in Evo quite a few times too.
I guess it's because I'm only drawing from my pool of local FGC, as I only know two people who expertly play the game. They're really good and they even taught me the mechanics. I had fun with the game, but then again, I'm not the best at 2D fighters. Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD