DOA5U Japanese off screen footage.

TakedaZX

You gotta admit though, these players seemed to miss juggles quite often on this specific juggle animation, and maybe I'm wrong but it seems the juggles they were trying were ones they appeared to be used to do.
Agreeable. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. This is also especially considering it's tag so the relaunches should last longer and push higher yet they're still missing these juggles.

Perhaps some of these players aren't exactly that acquainted with the game? It's obvious the the Jacky player and Akira player might be but [some] of the others don't really seem to know the characters they played that well. I've never seen an Ayane try to juggle with a BT PPPP (I don't know the notation but it's that combo that jails before the guard break)

Ren Fujin

Perhaps some of these players aren't exactly that acquainted with the game?
Well, I don't know much about Lisa (except she's a nigthmarish matchup for my character), but the dude playing her definitely gave me the impression he knew what he was doing, especially regarding juggles, which didn't prevent him from missing almost all the ones he tried from this seemingly new launch animation. I think it's fishy but hey, we should probably refrain from being too absolute going off just these few vids.

TakedaZX

Well, I don't know much about Lisa (except she's a nigthmarish matchup for my character), but the dude playing her definitely gave me the impression he knew what he was doing, especially regarding juggles, which didn't prevent him from missing almost all the ones he tried from this seemingly new launch animation. I think it's fishy but hey, we should probably refrain from being too absolute going off just these few vids.
Yea. With the Rig and Lisa one, they dropped combo out of the spontaneousness of the combo... but there were more. You're right though, no one actually has the game yet, not even them.

synce

Saw a snuck in Akira nerf as well. 2P might be neutral now instead of +1 and 66p doesn't wall slam on CH anymore. We're going to be working for our wall damage now.

AFAIK the only nerf to 2P is you don't get crazy + on CH anymore, they nerfed all the Virtuas that way. Also heard that that they removed Akira's senbon punch, which frankly I didn't even know could be done in DOA5 (maybe a variant?)

RE: Bass's 6KP pickup, the player in the video kinda sucks but I heard from another Bass it's not guaranteed anymore

Nice catch on Kokoro's new 1K though Muffin, she definitely needs a good low after 6P+K nerf. I don't know why they keep changing it around though

Edit: Scratch my Lisa comments, I must've been seeing things last night... 9K still sit downs on CH lol (But apparently if it clashes with wakeup kick it bounds, not sure if it's like that in current version)

Zeo

AFAIK the only nerf to 2P is you don't get crazy + on CH anymore, they nerfed all the Virtuas that way. Also heard that that they removed Akira's senbon punch, which frankly I didn't even know could be done in DOA5 (maybe a variant?)

Only CH? That's still a sizable nerf, if I recall on CH you could actually combo 2P into 66P into a chain, if the nerf is what you say then they can block after it hits them, same for Sarah and Jacky. That kind of sucks but it can be adjusted to. Much better than losing one of his best approaches in neutral and most people like to mash after 2P anyways so not too much will change.

I'm pretty sure his senbon punch was like... him doing P(G)K and canceling the kick so fast he could just combo his jabs into eachother. I never got the hang of using this so him losing that doesn't affect me either. This isn't as bad as I thought it was... I still need to see someone use 16F+P though. That's still his worst nerf.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Aside from the first one, (akira+kasumi vs jacky+lisa) the whole time I was watching these videos I felt like these players weren't really.. familiar with the game. *cough* 4H *cough*

Did anyone else feel like if they were there that you would dominate? :oops:

synce

What happens to 1:22 and 1:24 in Akira VS Jacky's video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vY5LDF5kFd8

The ability to take again Akira standing is something proper of this Jacky's move also in VF5FS? Because seems to me the first time that I see a similar working (both in DoA and VF series).

However I'm really hyped for the new characters of DoA5U ;)

It's a bound property taken straight from VF5.. I'm praying Pai can get it off 46H+K like in VF, especially since they're removing her FT setups in 5U

Kronin

It's a bound property taken straight from VF5.. I'm praying Pai can get it off 46H+K like in VF, especially since they're removing her FT setups in 5U

Thanks for the explanation, sadly I'm not an expert of DoA, let alone the more complex VF XD

I will look for more info about inside VF5 gameplay videos :)

Zeo

Forgive me for being a bit ignorant. Does Akira have any decent setups/combos that use that bound in FS? Just wondering if I'll be doing he same combos I've been doing come September.

Ghosty-J

Forgive me for being a bit ignorant. Does Akira have any decent setups/combos that use that bound in FS? Just wondering if I'll be doing he same combos I've been doing come September.
As far as I know since I've been spamming this one a lot, performing :214::P: twice in a row to start a combo would first put them in an unstaggerable crumple state, then the second hit causes the bound. The damage this can lead to is massive. Too bad it's impossible in DoA5 : (

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Akira SS K H+P ...
Awwwwww Yeah ... that looks sweat !!

same animation as his 6P4K H+P .. Always wondered why they never added it to his SS ..

well now its in ! :D

David Gregg

Thanks for the explanation, sadly I'm not an expert of DoA, let alone the more complex VF XD

I will look for more info about inside VF5 gameplay videos :)

A "bound" is a move that looks like it should cause the opponent to fall to the ground but if performed correctly brings them back up and allows you to continue a combo. They are synonymous with the term "ground bounce". Jacky's bound in particular looks different than the others in DOA 5 but it's functionally the same.

This video is a good example. Do you see how at 1:07 Kasumi performs a kick that causes Hayate to bounce off the ground? That's a bound. Also don't confuse this with a force tech where an opponent was already on the ground and you perform an attack that makes them stand up.

By the way that video is a good indicator like we were talking about in the other thread that Jacky is definitely on the "watch out" list in this game. Brutal. lol

David Gregg

Jacky won't mean shit to Zack...
ohsnap-gif.23005

And to answer the next question...No...I don't know if that's a boy or girl. :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD