DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'll agree with that. If they're gonna be negative, they should just be changed to not be a guard break (which it isn't, same with Leifang 1P+K).

Max536Drago

Guard breaks should never be negative
If you think of Bass's running P for example, it guard breaks, but do you honestly think it should give him advantage when he's still trying to get up? Same with Tina's booty tackle. lol
You want Alpha's 7K to be -1 on block. I'm not arguing anything with you.
Look at the post again, and I'm going back over it with Team NINJA. Now let's argue :D

Tenryuga

Negative guard breaks are dumb. If you break somebodies guard how are you at the disadvantage? It's not that hard to just remove the guard break status. And Kokoro never needed 6P+K. Her offense was one of the best in the game without it in vanilla 5 and she would have been a complete character if they just gave her a tracking mid or low. Really that was all she needed.

Saber

TN's mentality is that if it looks like a powerful attack, it should have a guard break animation. Frames on block don't mean shit.

That being said, if it warrants a guard break animation, just make it neutral instead of negative on block if the move is that spammable like Tina and Lisa's butt bumps.

And Kokoro never needed 6P+K. Her offense was one of the best in the game without it in vanilla 5 and she would have been a complete character if they just gave her a tracking mid or low. Really that was all she needed.
I'm inclined to agree with you. 6P+K was a really braindead tool, but that was only because she had other tools that were not as broken or braindead to actually open up her opponent into the stun game.

Without 33P's stun on NH, or the fact that her damage output was reduced again, her excellent sitdown stuns were nerfed completely (now they only guarantee a mid punch), and that 1T is holdable and Heichu throw is a fucking +11 instead of +15 like it should, I'm upset. So upset that I dropped Kokoro because she's nowhere near the solid albiet incomplete character she was in DOA5.

She still doesn't have mid/low tracking, and she still doesn't have a low crush.

Someone should just send TN a list of balance changes that they should implement instead of doing things for the sake of doing it. Or maybe they just have testers who reek of bias. Fuck, Genfu and Ayane got buffed and they don't even fucking need it.

Max536Drago

TN's mentality is that if it looks like a powerful attack, it should have a guard break animation. Frames on block don't mean shit.

That being said, if it warrants a guard break animation, just make it neutral instead of negative on block if the move is that spammable like Tina and Lisa's butt bumps.

I'm inclined to agree with you. 6P+K was a really braindead tool, but that was only because she had other tools that were not as broken or braindead to actually open up her opponent into the stun game.

Without 33P's stun on NH, or the fact that her damage output was reduced again, her excellent sitdown stuns were nerfed completely (now they only guarantee a mid punch), and that 1T is holdable and Heichu throw is a fucking +11 instead of +15 like it should, I'm upset. So upset that I dropped Kokoro because she's nowhere near the solid albiet incomplete character she was in DOA5.

She still doesn't have mid/low tracking, and she still doesn't have a low crush.

Someone should just send TN a list of balance changes that they should implement instead of doing things for the sake of doing it. Or maybe they just have testers who reek of bias. Fuck, Genfu and Ayane got buffed and they don't even fucking need it.
TN's mentality about guard breaks is realistic, I like that :)

Malfury

I think they did this to Kokoro due to how JP players use her. They use her like a pitbull and it's scary.

Malfury

She's still scary. Unbreakable chain grabs, her 214T and her FT game is still decent as well. I just think Koko players don't wanna take risks anymore since she's already so linear.

FlamingMuffin

She's still scary. Unbreakable chain grabs, her 214T and her FT game is still decent as well. I just think Koko players don't wanna take risks anymore since she's already so linear.

What's so scary about her? Her "unbreakable chain throw" that does less damage that Hitomis 33T, Ayanes 214T? Oh yeah, that's super scary.

They are wrong.

She's not unplayable in the sense if you like to guess all the time, she's fine. Except if I wanted that, I'd play DOA4 or play Hitomi who has more options.

FlamingMuffin

You're playing DOA, lol.

In comparison to other characters lol. Did you connect JL's 66T? Have a free hit into the stun game. Hit them with Leifangs stance OH? Enjoy the free launch. Lisas BT P+K? Gen Fu/Eliot/Fang parrry? Free stun game entry.

Obviously you have to guess each of those options, but once taken you can take a breather with some guaranteed stuff. DOA5 Kokoro had this. DOA5U Kokoro does not, with even less options than before.

Malfury

And yet, she still wrecks a good part of the roster? This reminds me of people complaining about Lili in TTT2 being linear and losing options and yet she still has the same guaranteed stuff that makes her BS.

Brute

Standard Donor
She has amazing gap-control, good pressure with safety, GBs and reset throws, tons of mix-ups, heavy damage and a disproportionately punishing non-escapable throw for her strike capabilities (that's guaranteed damage, btw). She also has a sabaki that puts someone right into threshold, and many other good CB->set-ups and gets good damage off of those CBs. She has shit for tracking, but anyway... despite all this you think she's crap because you have to make a few reads for your damage (which, btw, most do)? And then you say this:
Free stun game entry.
As if it's a good thing. Hint-hint: THE STUN GAME IS THE GUESSING GAME YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT

Malfury

She has amazing gap-control, good pressure with safety, GBs and reset throws, tons of mix-ups, heavy damage and a disproportionately punishing non-escapable throw for her strike capabilities (that's guaranteed damage, btw). She also has a sabaki that puts someone right into threshold, and many other good CB->set-ups and gets good damage off of those CBs. She has shit for tracking, but anyway... despite all this you think she's crap because you have to make a few reads for your damage (which, btw, most do)? And then you say this:

As if it's a good thing. Hint-hint: THE STUN GAME IS THE GUESSING GAME YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT
214T, 1+2, 7P, PB (something like that) has saved me loads of times lol. Rarely works on good players tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD