DOA6 Gameplay Thread

Kuga

I have a question.

Unholdables after techroll. Are they tech direction (up/down) or open/closed stance dependant in many setups/ in general? Or is it just Raidous exclusive level of retardness? o_O

jonosono

Standard Donor

In previous versions of DOA 6, Brad's 6K led to a bound after the big explosion on the Chinese Festival Stage... Not anymore.
I wish this change was in the patch notes.
Is it an unintended change or a stealth nerf?

Omegan Eckhart

I just played a ranked match, in which I was playing with my opponents character, whilst my character just stood there. This happened to anyone else?

dante_huyvu

In previous versions of DOA 6, Brad's 6K led to a bound after the big explosion on the Chinese Festival Stage... Not anymore.
I wish this change was in the patch notes.
Is it an unintended change or a stealth nerf?
maybe 'cause she was backturn, this happens to Diego as well ;)

Akumasama

I think I like the changes to the no double environment proc during combos, that made a lot of the annoyingly long combos less dangerous.
It's not all of them, but game balance is in a much better position now compared to launch.

Small things that still annoy me are the clunkyness of a couple of aspects. Minor things, but still annoying.
For instance the counter effect at start of Break Blows, it's sometimes iffy. I've seen it happen many times when I was trying to use it, and many other times to my advantage, where I go "wtf, why did I hit my opponent? I should've been the one to eat to get hit!"

Same thing happens when sometimes Sidestep avoids throws and tracking attacks. Happens rarely, but it should never happen.
Oh and Wake up Mid Kick. I still don't get how much this is intentional or not.
There are so many attacks that avoid mid wake up kicks. Doesn't happen with 100% accuracy, but they work pretty fine. You see the mid wake up kick go through your opponent body as if it was thin air, and you get hit by their blow.

This happens more often than I'd want it to happen and, as I mentioned, I still don't get if it's intentional or the consequence of some minor issue with hit boxes.
Compared to past DoA games it feels very unsafe to use wake up kicks, whereas previously you had the 50/50 guessing thing with holds or guard (or simply get out of range)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD