DOA6 Gameplay Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
1,only 5 characters
2,a boring map
3,an unstable frame rate(I played this beta on PS4 pro,graphic performance was way worse than in TGS pc)

well at least netcode seems better than DOA5(except fake full-bar signal bug),I can literally connect Korean&Japanese friends in 5 bars which was 3 or 4 in DOA5.
What? You expect them to release all of the characters and stages for a beta? This Beta was made months ago, the entire game is still unfinished and yet here you are saying the beta was a mistake, when the sole purpose of the beta is letting players experience the gameplay and let them give feedback.

Raansu

What? You expect them to release all of the characters and stages for a beta? This Beta was made months ago, the entire game is still unfinished and yet here you are saying the beta was a mistake, when the sole purpose of the beta is letting players experience the gameplay and let them give feedback.

I doubt this build is months old. Its got a lot of the recently added stuff in it.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I doubt this build is months old. Its got a lot of the recently added stuff in it.
A few costumes and the character roster with characters that don’t load. That’s literally it, the costumes can be months old but he recently shown, we don’t know that. The beta clearly isn’t built off of the latest version.

Raansu

A few costumes and the character roster with characters that don’t load. That’s literally it, the costumes can be months old but he recently shown, we don’t know that. The beta clearly isn’t built off of the latest version.

You can intentionally lock things away. We only recently learned about SDS being fatal stuns and the builds being shown off recently in events like in Australia didn't have the SDS fatal stuns. We'll never know for sure, but I doubt its a old build.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You can intentionally lock things away. We only recently learned about SDS being fatal stuns and the builds being shown off recently in events like in Australia didn't have the SDS fatal stuns. We'll never know for sure, but I doubt its a old build.
Shimbori said himself that the beta is more than a month old.

GarryJaune

SFV demo did so,and several months ago,SC6 beta did so too.
well that SC6 beta,at least fools me to buy the game lol.(I just cant believe SC6 is such a low quality game just like a demo tho)

Akumasama

Where can I read details of how Break Blows work? I mean:
Do all Break Blows for all characters have the same details? (activation times, invincibility frames, damage, tracking etc)
Where can I see the detailed frame data for Break Blows?
I'm curious to learn how to maximize the efficiency of the initial part that seems to counter hits received. That only works against high/mid punches and kicks? But not all of them? And Break Blows seem to always lose against lows?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Turn on the frame data (Fight Info) in Training. The first 12 frames are a sabaki so you are aware.

Akumasama

Yes I learned that the hard way. Still I need to do some research in the training mode to see the frame data because I'm getting inconsistent results when trying to use Break Blows to "counter" an incoming attack.

d3v

Well, it will obviously beat any high/mid that hits within those 12 frames. The issue is mostly just down to timing.

That said, I personally prefer saving Break Blows for combo extenders, instead of using them in neutral. for stopping stuff if I have to, I use Break Holds.

Akumasama

Well, it will obviously beat any high/mid that hits within those 12 frames. The issue is mostly just down to timing.
Yeah I probably just have to get more suited with the timings.

That said, I personally prefer saving Break Blows for combo extenders, instead of using them in neutral. for stopping stuff if I have to, I use Break Holds.
It's a good mechanic because it poses you in front of a meaningful choice. You can get some relatively small guaranteed damage, or you can use it as a combo extender but with the potential (situationally...) risk of being interrupted/countered while trying to extend the damage.
It's similar to the new wall splat situation. I think Emperor Cow made an early nice video showing that.

Risk:Reward, it's nice.
Personally I'm not at that point yet.

Wonder if other old DoA players are experiencing this as well? At the moment I am an awful player. I mean I've never been a "pro" player, but I was decently good in the past. Been playin online thousand of hours on each episode and been doin that since DoA2U.
Still, I've never had such a LOW win% as I have now on DoA6, I'm slowly falling down to something close to 50% win rate, this is awful. I'm still tryin to understand why I suck so much in DoA6.
So yeah, definitely need to get more comfortable with the "base" game before I can throw myself into advanced mechanics like the Break Hold interrupt combo extender =/

MasterGamer

Wonder if other old DoA players are experiencing this as well? At the moment I am an awful player. I mean I've never been a "pro" player, but I was decently good in the past. Been playin online thousand of hours on each episode and been doin that since DoA2U.
Still, I've never had such a LOW win% as I have now on DoA6, I'm slowly falling down to something close to 50% win rate, this is awful. I'm still tryin to understand why I suck so much in DoA6.
So yeah, definitely need to get more comfortable with the "base" game before I can throw myself into advanced mechanics like the Break Hold interrupt combo extender =/

You are not alone. And I saw you post in the Helena forums, so we're literally in the same boat. The learning curve is a little bit different this time around. And we've been spoiled rotten with DOA 5 Helena. My win rate is lower than 50% and it's killing me on the inside, but I go through this with fighting games in general. Plus, frame data doesn't make much sense to me, so I learn best by trial and error. We'll crack the code eventually though. :)

d3v

It's a good mechanic because it poses you in front of a meaningful choice. You can get some relatively small guaranteed damage, or you can use it as a combo extender but with the potential (situationally...) risk of being interrupted/countered while trying to extend the damage.
It's similar to the new wall splat situation. I think Emperor Cow made an early nice video showing that.
IMO, much more efficient to use it as a damage extender, whether from just letting the animation play out, or using BBCs for a relaunch, than as something to beat out pokes (unless you're in situations where the BB will kill).
It all depends what rank you're on. If the matchmaking is working correctly, then you should eventually fall into a 50% win rate as you get matched up more with people on your skill level. So the question now is, what rank you're on and whether or not you feel that reflects your current skill level.

Akumasama

I'm not sure about that d3v. I was SS on DoA2U and DoA4 but then again it was so easy to rank up in those 2 games.
I was SS on Vanilla DoA5 as well, and U on DoA5U.
On DoA5LR I was the first rank past U (was it Ruby?) but I never played a lot of ranked matches in LR, most of the time I played in Lobbies these past few years.
My win rate in DoA2U and 4 were above 70%, think it was 80% in one of those games. In DoA5 and DoA5U it was similar, in DoA5LR I ended up with something like 68% but, as I already said, I didn't do a lot of ranked in LR.

Atm I'm B (or B+?) with around 200 fights? Bit less probably, and currently ~60% win rate, slowly falling down. I swear I've never performed this bad in my long history of DoA. Can't even say that I'm rusty because Iv'e been playing DoA5LR pretty much constantly until a couple of months ago D:
Despite the plentiful differences we all discussed in detail in this and other threads, the "feeling" of DoA6 is somewhat similar to past games, I "feel home", but I can see I'm performing like shit lol, I just can't understand what is wrong with me, because it's clarly about me and not the game itself.

Oh well, no big deal, as long as I'm having fun it doesn't matter I guess, and I sure am enjoying this. It's just leaves a sore taste in my mouth, but it's cool I suppose. :D

Anyway, change of topic. I think I've asked already but never see anybody reply. Is the health bar in ranked matches lower in DoA6 than it was in DoA5LR? Rounds seem to be much quicker, or you seem to take/deal more damage, whichever way you want to see it.
Is it just an impression I'm getting, or is it real?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD