DOA6 Gameplay Thread

Omegan Eckhart

Is there any effective way to avoid players online? There's a handful of players who I seem to play repeatedly, whom I've never had a good connection with. It's gotten to the point where I just hit the guide button when I see their tag appear on screen now. I'm on PS4 btw.

Thanks in advance.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Is there any effective way to avoid players online? There's a handful of players who I seem to play repeatedly, whom I've never had a good connection with. It's gotten to the point where I just hit the guide button when I see their tag appear on screen now. I'm on PS4 btw.

Thanks in advance.
Hmm, did you set your rank settings to “previous player ok?”?? Because if that’s the case it’ll search the people you’ve fought before.

Akumasama

If it's like DoA5 it only works for the previous player.
Take this example:

Omegan and Akumasama fight
Omegan turns that option to off
Omegan won't be matched against Akumasama for the following fight.
Omegan fights Onryoki
Omegan won't be able to fight Onryoki again, but he will be able to fight against Akumasama as the previous fight now is Onryoki and not Akumasama

This is how it worked for DoA5 and I'm confident it works the same here.

Omegan Eckhart

I've got it set to off, but what I end up with is: laggy player, normal human being, back to same laggy player again. Can you straight up avoid the player, so you don't get matched with them?

Raansu

Thanks in advance.

Nope. DoA6 doesn't show you who they matched you with so you can't avoid them. Your best bet will be lobbies when they come out.

Omegan Eckhart

Nope. DoA6 doesn't show you who they matched you with so you can't avoid them. Your best bet will be lobbies when they come out.
That sucks really bad. It's a shame, cause for the most part online is pretty smooth, even against wifi users.

Edit: How long till we're getting lobbies?

Akumasama

I'm pretty surprised they decided to launch the game without lobbies btw.
Guess they really needed to get some incomes to further finance the project lol

Raansu

I'm pretty surprised they decided to launch the game without lobbies btw.
Guess they really needed to get some incomes to further finance the project lol

Who knows. It seems like Koei gave them an extremely limited time frame. Delaying it more probably wasn't going to happen even if they wanted to delay it. I would have preferred they delayed it another month, but whatever.

Akumasama

Personally I would've preferred that too. One or two months delayed launch, but considering the limited amount of time they had and considered they HAD to leave something out, I guess they did a good job at picking the "right" things to delay in the attempt to create a somewhat satisfying compromise.

Yurlungur

Can they please for the love of fucking god do something about the new sidestep mechanics being able to sidestep during strings where you get hit is fucking stupid.

Raansu

Anyone else get random matches, where part way through you get almost a full second of input lag?

Yes, and it happens likely because the game see's a lot of packet loss. I've only had this happen on the odd times I end up playing someone on wifi though.

Last edited:

Raansu

Both of us were wired, still got it though :/

Only other explanation is NAT settings. If you're on console and do a connection test it will tell you if your NAT is open or closed. If its closed you gotta do some port forwarding because ports that PSN/XBL are using are being blocked.

Kuga

Question. How come i freaking cant punish -5 moves with 5fT and -7 ones with 7fT's? What da hell?

Kuga

Hmmm does mashing as hell works considering i will hit correct frame?
But if timing's a case then CPU reactions settings in training are flawed since i can abare/ fuzzy out from -5 and -7 respective punishments. That sucks:/.

Omegan Eckhart

Question. How come i freaking cant punish -5 moves with 5fT and -7 ones with 7fT's? What da hell?
The throws have 5 frames of start up, but they aren't active till 1 frame later. You need a 4 frame throw to punish -5 moves, and a 6 frame throw to punish -7. At least, that is what I remember back from the days of DOA4. A golden time, when Helena could crush your soul after one BKO grab :)
Only other explanation is NAT settings. If you're on console and do a connection test it will tell you if your NAT is open or closed. If its closed you gotta do some port forwarding because ports that PSN/XBL are using are being blocked.
I'm on PS4, Always type 2. My internet seems to be fine, but I don't seem to get the best connections on this game. Even 5 bar wired is kinda crap sometimes. How's everyone else finding the netcode?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD