DOA6 Gameplay Thread

jakery95

I totally agree! I need to see decent gameplay before I make any assumptions.

With that said, the game is still early, and things could change. I think that the fatal rush should be counterable on first hit. Then if you get hit by the first hit, then you have to use the special counter. Not a great fix, but something. I just think the fatal rush strings look super cool honestly.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I think that the fatal rush should be counterable on first hit. Then if you get hit by the first hit, then you have to use the special counter.
You can. They all start at a high attribute and are all like i20, so they're pretty readable. If the people in these videos would just block instead of trying to press P as a defensive button, we'd see the flaws in most of the new mechanics xD

Fantailler

@Cr!msonWarrior

Ofc the opponent isn't what i would call a pro player :p

What i tried to highlight was how little effort was needed to deplete a life bar,relying almost solely on new tools.Diego looks like a heavy hitter archetype with long range, good with environnment.But we didn't see that.It wasn't really needed after all...

The one playing (with obvious lack of skill) was rig's player.I saw a beginner and a scrub...And the scrub won with no effort.

Ofc it's situationnal,but it's a preview of obvious flaws.Imagine this online...If i was Rig i would be pissed and discouraged.If i was Diego i would laugh like a mad man :D It's the problem of recent fgs, instead of helping and properly "educate" players,they're given shortcuts.

But i agree, it's early and we'll be fixed at evo :thumbs up:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
It's the problem of recent fgs, instead of helping and properly "educate" players,they're given shortcuts.
THIS. THIS IS WHAT I HATE. Street Fighter V is the definition of this statement.

I get what you mean about the minimum effort needed to kill someone at the lowest level though. The Diego player was basically just mashing S and it was working lmaooo it was funny to watch. It's gotta be accessible tho.

Last edited:

Fantailler

THIS. THIS IS WHAT I HATE. Street Fighter V is the definition of this statement.

I get what you mean about the minimum effort needed to kill someone at the lowest level though. The Diego player was basically just mashing S and it was working lmaooo it was funny to watch.

I hate that meta into the meta into the meta...i call it bad habits and it is detrimental,especially in the long run, for fgs lifespan.

Edit: Ho Yeah SFV is crippled, a shadow of its former self, that's why i quit :mad:

Last edited:

TheDragonAwakens

Huh, seems that Hayabusa got a new air throw from his Ongyoin. However, it looks like is shares the same flaw as his 41236 air throw of having bad recovery frames.

KnacKrover

The game is still in process but also has a good drift to reveal new big boi Diego and Riggie is back with new anti bicycle kicks! so hopefully we'll see some good stuff during EVO event

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
We'll see what happens once the mini-exhibition takes place, alongside with the tournament itself. I'm sure we'll see something never seen before.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
by then it could be too late though. i come on to this thread to voice my opinion and that's what ill do. ill be more than happy if im proven wrong.

You could voice your opinion (no one said you can't), but yet some opinions can lead to more harm than good or just making yourselves look silly discussing something that's -still- in the works. Mind you that neutral SS was originally gone but then they brought it back (thank the heavens, but they knew that shit was bad to see it gone yeah?). So again, EVO is a starting source for feedback and then feedback will likely return again in the upcoming months. Voice your opinions at EVO if you are there because you'd be talking to a blank page here on FSD if it'll reach through to TN or not. Sometimes opinions can just lead to nothing but squabble or nothing interesting at all.

Whenever someone writes "This looks like easy mode", you'll have to question yourself literally like "I call this easy mode but yet the actual game is not in my hands? wow! it's like I played the game already!"

Granted that I'm also not optimistic with all these new mechanics implemented into DOA. The fact that neutral step was gone in the first place made people have doubts, but I wouldn't throw DOA under the bus yet even if all these new mechanics and meter is pointless and absurd to add. When neutral step returned, I now hit a phase where it's "alright, maybe I shouldn't bash on this too much" since there can still be hope. You can voice your opinion all you want, who's trying to stop you? - when it's more like "really?"

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Patient players. It's too early for the speculations when EVO hasn't even started yet.
I am waiting for EVO, but I started the thread 2 days earlier bc changes were made to the game already.
I've taken a very neutral standpoint on the new mechanics in DOA6. I don't see there being any point in complaining about them when I haven't touched the game yet. Which is why previously I said that I'm waiting for the EVO exhibition and beyond to find new shit and speak about it. I could wait for everything to come out (trust me fam) and then make a massive thread of all the changes when the game drops, but it's more interesting to me to make notes on things in development and see what they change as time goes on.

Just so that if they remove/drastically change anything, this thread will show it, and it would be cool.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm not a competitive grade player yet or anything but... Every trailer and bit of footage we've seen so far has been a poor representation of what DOA6 is going to be like. I can play better than that and I'm free for people who have the opportunity to go to locals.

Apart from the dudes picking apart the frame data they can discern just from watching, and seeing the mechanics in play, a lot of this speculation is pointless.

This weekend will be TN's first real productive analysis as the top players in the franchise get a chance to tackle 6 and tell them what they're doing wrong or doing right and where they need to go with it from here.

They want to continue to show up at EVO so I'm sure they're going to be taking notes lmao. The game we saw at E3 and even the one that's going to be at EVO will be nothing like the finished product I am 100% certain.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I know that wasn't directed at me because I'm not really speculating anyway,

But I've noticed that a lot of people like to overestimate the power of things before they use them themselves, and their complaints can ruin the final product of the game. I'm not going to go through the easily understandably clear faults of the new mechanics again, but there will always be people backseat criticizing things they haven't tested. For example, in T7 when Rage Arts were first announced the community hated that shit because "Tekken doesn't need Supers". The game comes out and Rage Arts aren't as "busted and dumb" as people speculated them to be.

Again, I'm not one to speculate. I prefer to SEE the evidence of a change and document it rather than to make some strange claims to how "busted and dumb" shit is xD

Apart from the dudes picking apart the frame data they can discern just from watching, and seeing the mechanics in play
I'm pretty good at that xD

Raansu

I'm not understanding the issue with FR's. They don't seem all that great to me. They all start high, they all have slow startups and are apparently super unsafe on block and some of them seem to have critical stuns in between allowing them to be held before the next fatal stun (whether thats a bug or not I don't know). The damage on the full combo isn't that great either imo.

Won't know for sure obviously till we get more info, but it seems to me personally that I'd just use the initial fatal rush hit after already stunning them to get the fatal stun for an unholdable launcher since from what I've seen in earlier footage you can combo fatal blow after a juggle so it would be better to go for a full blown juggle over comboing a fatal blow at the end of a fatal rush string that does little damage.

So ya, I'm not all that worried about FR, nor do I think it would need to cost meter, though I'm also against the meter idea so I guess I wouldn't be against the idea of more tools burning meter to get fatal blows to being used as little as possible (even in the most recent videos I still feel it builds too quickly. I think it should take at least 2 rounds to get a max meter)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
FRs costing meter would negate the entire purpose of them being in the game imo. They seem to be fine the way they are.
I want to see how Master will play Hayabusa at EVO. He knows some secret discord tech that we don't. Let's get it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD