DoA6 impressions: first week

Akumasama

Don't give them ideas! xD
Personally I'm so against meter-bound stuff in 3D fighters, but that's just me.

Alucard Chris

Im very impressed about DOA6 because the Last Round on PS4 just looked like the Xbox 360 version, very blurry and washed. Not played on PS4 Pro. And i dont liked the Special Move / Breaker style in it.

But DOA 6 on PC looks great, the Graphics are never seen before on a Title. I also love the new Special Attack Moves / Counter / Bar Guage / Combos. Makes the game very fast and smooth, just great.

So we only need:

- Tag Team Matches
- New Stages with and without Danger Zones "Hope we will get some DLC about that, i miss a Snow, Desert, Church, Woods, Temple Stage from other Titles
- More different Costumes
- A few different Survival Stages
- Missing fighters Leon, Ein.....
- Better Antialiasing options see my post here https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-dead-or-alive-6-aliasing-problems.8424/
- More Unlockables "Secret Fighter, Rare Costumes, Stages....."

LeiFang009

Comebacks are really hard in this game. I noticed that I don't have close matches often. Probably 80% of the rounds, it's either I win easily or the opponent wins easily.

Most of the times, break holds don't do much really for comebacks. It's probably better spending meter on break blows only. I know SS are too much in this game and can be used to stop the offensive barrage and initiate a comeback but at the same time SS makes it hard to come back because you to have to deal with it as well. So what prevents an opponent from dealing 60% damage due to one mistake then back off and spam SSA at the right time? Nothing (unless the opponent is a master at dealing with SS). It's a solid plan to get an easy win imo. Just try to get a big lead and let the other player rush in and make mistakes in the process. But imo that's just boring. I don't do that myself.

LeiFang009

Btw, can someone rank-up by rage-quiting before every loss? That's not good if so. Rage-quiting should be punished.

Raansu

You get more points the higher your win streak. So people who glitch to keep their win streak are not getting points when they quit, but the amount of points they get for a massive win streak after a win basically nullifies the lost matches.

Kuga

You get more points the higher your win streak. So people who glitch to keep their win streak are not getting points when they quit, but the amount of points they get for a massive win streak after a win basically nullifies the lost matches.
I wasnt even aware of that since i always spam button to fastforward all stats.

That's easy to patch. They just need to make game treat disconection as lost match, walkover.

Akumasama

Are you sure that's true?
Because that used to be a thing on DoA4, but they patched it in DoA5. If you terminated your connection or your console before the match was over, you would lose the streak as well.

Raansu

Are you sure that's true?
Because that used to be a thing on DoA4, but they patched it in DoA5. If you terminated your connection or your console before the match was over, you would lose the streak as well.

Yes, there are players on PS4 abusing it right now. Players in the U rank with 100 win streaks.

Akumasama

Not that I care about Ranked or anything, but regardless of that it's suuuuper stupid of Tecmo to do that and not having patched it yet, I mean wtf!

Kuga

Yeah but seriously, whatever. Ranked will be forgotten by 90% of people the moment they release lobby match and all these ranking boosting quiters will get a kick from any decent room if they dont play nicely.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD