DOA6 possibly releasing in March?

Raansu

So it's definitely further along than the previously stated *insert impossible percentage here* done.

Not really. It probably was only around 8% done when initially shown off, but once the base of the build is put together fighting games generally get built up pretty quickly.

LethalKasumi

Not really. It probably was only around 8% done when initially shown off, but once the base of the build is put together fighting games generally get built up pretty quickly.

If that's the case then they worked longer on DOA5 than 6. But that makes sense since everyone got completely new designs etc.

NightAntilli

Yeah... I don't buy that. For any game, the base is the hardest part. There is no way the base is only 8% of the whole game.

But never mind. Getting into discussions of percentages is a waste of time. To discuss things that are important;
I prefer for them to take longer and release a full feature rich game, rather than releasing DOA6, and re-releasing a bunch of iterations afterwards. Don't repeat DOA5 please.

Raansu

If that's the case then they worked longer on DOA5 than 6. But that makes sense since everyone got completely new designs etc.

DoA5 was announced in 2011, only about 10% completed. Basically the core was built and they just had to work on the characters. It was released in 2012 so probably around 18 months if they were already working on it prior to D.i.D #7 tournament.

DoA6, announced this year, coming out in 2019. Development probably started near the end of 2017, so roughly the same time frame.

Yeah... I don't buy that. For any game, the base is the hardest part. There is no way the base is only 8% of the whole game.

But never mind. Getting into discussions of percentages is a waste of time. To discuss things that are important;
I prefer for them to take longer and release a full feature rich game, rather than releasing DOA6, and re-releasing a bunch of iterations afterwards. Don't repeat DOA5 please.

Who said the base was only 8% done? They probably started working on the base/core engine of the game several months ago. Once that is completed, actual development on the game begins. Granted, this is only speculation, but from following fighting games for years and seeing how fast they come together after being announced its safe to say that they advance pretty quickly once the core system is in place. The rest is adding characters, playtesting, balancing, and bug testing.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's still so many months! D: I was hoping more like January, January first. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
"Dead or Alive 6 due for release on PS4, Xbox One and PC on March 2019 is looking good!
Here's a little more info on the upcoming title: https://www.teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/"

This was just posted by ESL Dead or Alive on Twitter, saw it posted by someone on another forum.

Either they made a mistake or they just leaked the release month.
I'm not surprised tbh. Either way they probably have been working on the game since December or even longer while DOA5LR and X3 were milking wallets so the release date isn't really surprising. They probably intentionally released it since March is early 2019, and there was no way they were going to release it in January or February like LR since that would be too early XD

I still say anticipate a delay, especially for the PC version since TN has always had issues with PC if LR was any indication

DyByHands

I can hardly wait. Crazy hyped for new DOA.
And man, those twitter comments... insanity. Its like all of the gamefaqs threads condensed into one stream lol.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm not surprised tbh. Either way they probably have been working on the game since December or even longer while DOA5LR and X3 were milking wallets so the release date isn't really surprising. They probably intentionally released it since March is early 2019, and there was no way they were going to release it in January or February like LR since that would be too early XD

I still say anticipate a delay, especially for the PC version since TN has always had issues with PC if LR was any indication
5LR for PC was actually just a lazy Arcade port. They're designing this one from the ground up for PC and console so I anticipate a simultaneous release with full features.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
5LR for PC was actually just a lazy Arcade port. They're designing this one from the ground up for PC and console so I anticipate a simultaneous release with full features.
Yeah I mean itll likely release alongside the console version but I still think they'll possibly delay it since the PC ports are still somewhat new to them xD I hope it won't have limitations like LR did tho, like in LR special costumes had their effects disabled like last gen consoles and such but then again that was because LR was more a remaster than a pure new game. They'll likely tell PC players to "play nice" again because they know when it hits PC the lewd mods and piracy will spill over like a cheap gross nakadashi xD but mods are inevitable anyway tbh

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

What was wrong with any of that? I get what you're saying, but I loved hyping Ultimate and Last Round; and they were both a lot of fun and made the company money. I don't know how it will be tackled now, but when I was a kid on my N64; I often hoped for expansions and sequels I never got.

Raansu

What was wrong with any of that? I get what you're saying, but I loved hyping Ultimate and Last Round; and they were both a lot of fun and made the company money. I don't know how it will be tackled now, but when I was a kid on my N64; I often hoped for expansions and sequels I never got.

Honestly, other fighters have been doing it for so long I didn't think anything of it when DoA5 did it.....Granted I completely skipped ultimate lol.

ryu_highabusa

Still seems like speculation. Game's way too early to have a solid date hammered down. I could see management setting some stupid deadline though.. no videogame in history has ever been rushed to market or anything. lol A bare F2P version with regular updates would be an easier pill to swallow than a bare $60 box copy. (If they could figure out some account system so I can keep my dlc/customizations cross-systems that'd be great too. Also cross play would be amazing but... I understand Team Ninja's no Epic and doesn't have their resources. Ugh.. it'd be great if they could pull it off.)

LethalKasumi

Still seems like speculation. Game's way too early to have a solid date hammered down. I could see management setting some stupid deadline though.. no videogame in history has ever been rushed to market or anything. lol A bare F2P version with regular updates would be an easier pill to swallow than a bare $60 box copy. (If they could figure out some account system so I can keep my dlc/customizations cross-systems that'd be great too. Also cross play would be amazing but... I understand Team Ninja's no Epic and doesn't have their resources. Ugh.. it'd be great if they could pull it off.)

I included cross play on my list for things I want. If TN tried it could work. Ugh I want it so bad.

Raansu

I imagine they could probably pull off cross play with the pc and xbox(just as long as we have the option to disable it.....I love my pc gaming, but it tends to have mods/hacks lol). Playstation doesn't seem to want to play nice though (I totally understand from a business perspective.....but it still sucks lol.)

P2p1mbs

A March release feels earlier than I expected. Probably not accurate.

If it is in that month, I worry about how much content the game will have. That soon could mean less than what they can put if they released later on which would mean they could be planning a rerelease again. A very pessimistic thought but not unlikely if KT felt a rerelease could help make more money.

I hope if this is the planned release date, it gets delayed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD