DOA6 Returning Character Balance Change Ideas

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I know there's alot of people who want certain characters back and it made me wonder how they would play in DOA6's new atmosphere with the various game changes like removal of stagger escape, no CBs, Fatal stun system etc. So I wanted to make a sort of gameplay general thread where we could sort of voice reasonable changes we want for the following character if/when they come to DOA6. This thread is one where you can discuss and chime in on some changes/nerfs you would want:

:naotora::momiji::rachel::leon::genfu::akira::pai::jacky::sarah::alpha152:(hopefully Ms. Green Kasumi doesn't return xD)​

Here's my ideas for a few Naotora balance changes:

:naotora:
- Make 2P +1 on hit.

-Make 6P faster at like 12i or 13i.

-Make 6K,6KK, 6KKK, and 6KKKK -5 to -3 on block.

-Make 4K4K -6 on block and optional to BT instead of forced.

-Make 4KK, 6PKK, KKKK6K, PPK, and 6KK4K all +1 to +6 on block since they're 29i.

- Make BT 4P launch on NH or safer at -6 to -7 on block.

-Make 9K and KK6K safer at -7 to -6(String has no delay for follow up and is already somewhat slow).

-Make 9K and KK6K +0 to -6 on block. It has no delay for the ender and it's another mid kick and doesn't track so it should be a safer free cancel.

-Make 8KK or 6P4K and their variants her main BOUND attack. OR make K6K have another follow up that slams into the ground for a bound like K6KP.

-Make her 236KK her close hitter.

-Make 4P -6 to -7 on block. and keep the faint stun property

-Make 3P have a follow up, like maybe the final high kick from KKK4K and KKKKKKKK. Also you could give it crouching properties to make it a good way to deal with faster jab framed characters

-Give her the low to low and low to mid from PP2KK and PP2K2K as her 1KK and 1K2K.

-Make IFC K safe at -4 to -5. It's so telegraphed and so slow that it's pointless to make unsafe. Plus it's a high, if anything make it +0 or +1.

-Make IFC a transition from 3P, 6P, 6K, 6KKK, 6KKKKK, and 6H+K. Also make her 9P a transition from these moves as well.

-Make 8P safe at -1 to -3 on block. since its 15i. H

-Make the following strings: P6P(P into 3P), PP6P(PP into 6P), P3K(P into 3K).

-Make P+K her crumple stun.

-Make 4H+K safe at -4 to -5 on block.

-Make 6KKK8K her fatal SDS.

-Give her the ender from 6KK4K as her 7K.

-Make the ender from PP2KK and 6KKKKKKK a standalone move as 236H+K or while running H+K.

-Her FR has the ability to cancel into IFC after the 3rd hit.

-Her BB is her final hit with all the special effects from her power blow.

-Make her old PB 4P+K be retained with it being -6 to -7 on block but +2 to +4 when fully charged.

-Make 4K4K and it's variants cause a wall stun, including 4P.

-Change 6H+K's stun into the new one added(it's in attacks like Kasumi's 6PK in stun. Make it only knock down on HC.

-Make her 66T throw a possible follow up from her 9P. jump stance but reduce the damage.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
:akira:Akira would have big changes considering there is meter here along with Fatal Rush. He has quite a few moves that SDS, so I'd imagine those would get adjusted since you can practically break hold majority of attacks after a sit down stun, but in turn may lead to new guaranteeds that was still possible on "Fast" state since DOA6's stun state is on "Fast". There may be some movekit adjustments to compensate the new mechanics, otherwise he'd be immensely overpowered since his neutral was one of the best in DOA in it's entirety, the character was extremely versatile in every situation and the only downside was that most of his moves don't track, but because throws also catches SS it's not even a major weakness in DOA. Not even a nerf or a buff, he'd get normalized to fit DOA6's system:

Positive:

+ With the new system, i'd imagine Akira would have a field day with the knee or any launcher since SE is gone. 214P SDS into the knee would be guaranteed, with the possible course that the opponent may be able to break hold in between, whereas in DOA5 you'd have to SE to make the knee not guaranteed (in theory though, because moves could be adjusted to however TN sees fit). I'd still consider it a plus and a buff. Heck, 214P+K causes that turn around stun (like Kasumi's H+K) where 3K might land guaranteed for free, but of course, seems pretty nuts so it may get changed.

+ New possible situations with wallstun. Akira entered the DOA5 mothership title which the game and it's upgrade had zero wallstun capabilities, so i'd imagine some pretty lethal situations there. 666P might wall stun, 4P+K might wall stun, 4PP might wall stun etc. (Granted that I absolutely hate wallstun concepts, but it's there for positive notes).

+ New never before seen bound combos. It might be the first game where Akira can do a Dragon Lance Combo from a bound or some shit on most of the cast (It's the 3H+KP466P+K combo). You could only land that combo on Alpha from a bound which I could see it being a thing. 4PP+K might bound, 66P+KP obviously bounds (it bounds in DOA5), 43P while in the air juggling into a bound etc.

Neutral:

~ SPoD usage may actually be a lot more minimal. For start, the command attack throw would lead to a guaranteed force tech in DOA5 but ding ding you guessed it. Force techs are gone in DOA6. Granted that SPoD is still pretty damn powerful so I still think it's the middle ground. I'd probably still use it.

~ Fatal Rush. TN would probably balance the character like in DOA5 to be very similar to the cast in terms of movekit, so they might put more focus on this including the bounds. Just imagine the danger situation of doing S > S > SPoD or S > S > Knee > Knee > P > P > 6KP > double palm. That would be absolute glorious to watch at an event, but things like that could get changed.

Negative:

- The major focus of Bound combos and Fatal Rush in DOA6. If you noticed, there's been a huge focus with bounds where it's become the standard as the go-to combos for just about everyone in the roster. Course I don't dislike bound combos, but mostly in the phase that they've become the gold star to your needs. I already enjoyed the juggle potential of Akira in DOA5 to where it looks amazing to see, to which it may get converted flatout to bound-focused situations. You'd obviously see new bound combos which would be great on one side, but more or less that I wouldn't be too excited to see it being the main source of maximizing damage.

- Wall setups that were in DOA5 may not work at all in DOA6 because of the ground game change. Eliminating wake up kicks from the wall from a wallsplat setup will probably not even exist due to it having more invulnerabilities. It's one of those situations where if you wallsplat, you might as well just back away.

In terms of actual buffs, i'm not sure. I guess 214T (it actually sucks by the way and almost never used), and 66P+K~T. The move only lands on NH/CH and doesn't trigger during an already-stun state, which commences the stance similar to 214T (which also sucks). Probably those two I guess.

The key members from Sega who worked with DOA5 in the credits are not present in DOA6's credits at all because they didn't work with TN this time along with the outsourcing. In short, it's practically extremely slim to even see him return, on top that "same" guests returning is rare. You'd have a bigger window asking for new VF characters than the same ones, which is unfortunate but I accepted that fact in DOA5U, if he's gone, he's gone lol. It would be great to see him, but I doubt it.

Going to write Leon next, don't really give a damn about Sarah and ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with Jacky, but Pai might get the biggest change out of everyone, especially her throws. Too long to write on why for Pai, but I actually loved Pai believe it or not.

Last edited:

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
By the looks of it, you might get a cast of KOF fighters now instead of VF characters.

And I love that people care about Leon now. Already found 3 new Leon players I've never met before. What a refreshing return.

I'm curious to see what you have in mind DB :)

KING JAIMY

I can totally see Momiji getting Fatal Stun properties on 6H+K or 4P against sidesteps. Her bound move might either be 214P or Tenku P. I'm pretty certain her close hit move will be 214P+K (it already has close hit properties in DOA5U and LR).

KwonJigglypuff

GEN FU :genfu:

"Pi Nam"
New mid-punch hold now that Eliot took his
gen fu2.gif

"Youthful Push"
66P+K punch with a lot of knockback
gen fu3.gif

"Silent bear"
Walking backward parry stance
gen fu4.gif

"Rensai-Bensai-Shu-Atsu"
Multi-parries, no idea how to implement that but still...
gen fu5.gif

+ these 3 moves (UIYAHAN)

+ these acrobatics

cos1.jpg

LEON :leon:

"Pizza Toss"
I would love Leon to get the ability to pick and launch an opponent who is on the floor (new ground throw replacing his Rapid Arm Break - to side of downed foe). Would make him even more different from Bayman for those who are still (unfairly) complaining that they are too similar...

leon.gif

cos2.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD