Community Does a person's religious/political beliefs affect how you view them?

Does a person's religious/political beliefs affect how you view them?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • It depends on the belief

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

Codemaster92163

Basically what the title says. I'm curious to see the communities responses (as limited as they're likely to be), especially considering how volatile the FGC is known to be anyways.

For me, it's an occasional thing. I (try to) separate one's character from their ideologies and ideals, and I do have some friends with rather...unappetizing beliefs. However, there are a few things I do not tolerate, and certain things, even if I know it shouldn't matter, do change how I see certain people.

How about you guys?

Last edited:

MajesticBlue

Feel like it is kinda impossible to learn things about someone and not have it change how you view them. I know for a fact I am pretty immature around certain subjects though. When religion is involved I just can't stand when people try to push a belief on others.

Politics are pretty much the same way except along with that comes an ignorance factor. When you hear about this stuff its kinda hard at least for me to forget. Though honestly I usually could care less about what they believe in.

Pictured Mind

Not really. Unless they're shoving their religion in my face. Believe whatever you wanna believe. If you think it's right, go right ahead. I can't prove you wrong or prove you right.

About politics, it's a different story. Politics are fucked up and full of hypocrites anyway. I don't care about someones political belief because I couldn't care less about politics.

indieanimator

I voted depends on belief.
Extreme scenario: if someone into devil worship (what are the odds), I'd be wary, but open to dialogue.

Squizzo

I don't keep company with racists, paedophiles or psychopaths. Peoples beliefs definitely have an impact on how I view that person.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Well, I have serious issues with people who don't question and challenge their own beliefs from time to time. Frankly it happens across the spectrum. People who feel as though they have the right to talk down to others for being to conservative or puritanical when they are just as guilty but from the cover of political cowardice or group think. Its this kind of hypocrisy that leads to everything getting fucked up really fast. I lose friends often because I call this shit out but I am cool with it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Any fool can follow rituals and traditions to a T... but if their heart isn't in the teachings (particularly positive ones), they have already damaged their own beliefs.

Chapstick

Honestly, yes. But as I voted, it depends on the belief. If you're a willing member of the WBC or a neo-nazi, I will automatically hate you. If you come to your senses and leave those groups and turn out to be a nice person, I won't hold your past against you.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
No. It's their belief just like you may have a believe in. Doesn't mean that they should be judged that way. How they view things politically & religiously is on them. Doesn't effect the way that I view them as a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD