"Don't spoil all my fun." The Rig Video Thread!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
here you go guys!
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ver0.75 (Gamescom Build) RIG - COMBO VIDEO

Another DOA5 combo video, this time focusing on the new character in the series, RIG. Rig's arsenal of moves are very diverse in a sense that he can transition fluidly from one stance to another mid string making guessing what move will come next very difficult. Because of this, he is very easy to get into yet very hard to master. He has two unique stances, his flamingo stance (Kubryo Sogi) and his spinning stance (Tolgi), both of which have their own sets of unique moves. One interesting thing about Rig is that he has a lot of sit down stun options from neutral stance, kubryo sogi, as well as some of his moves from both states change their stun properties into sit down stun when hitting a crouching opponent. This increases his chances for guaranteed damage making him extremely deadly in the right hands.

However, one thing worth noting is that his stance relation with the opponent (open or closed stance) determines some of his combo options, making him alot more technical than some other characters in a sense. This is also probably why he has the ability to switch from open to closed stance on the fly by simply pressing 2 or 8 and I demonstrated this at one point of the video.

In the video I tried to show the potential of both his "Kubryo Sogi" and "Tolgi"stances and their transitions, demonstrate some guaranteed followups (using sit down stances, his turn around stun, his mid kick hold and his critical burst) , as well as tried to show the great potential of his air-juggling. Also, I noted where necessary (in the video description) which combos need to be in a certain stance (open or closed) to make replicating these combos easier when everyone gets their hands on the game.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

Thank you! ^^

Doa_Eater

Great as always EMPEROR_COW.

I noticed he doesn't have any mid kick combo starters but the damage is pretty good.

KwonJigglypuff

Thanks (again and again). :eek:

I love his launchers, he looks so fun to use, and his moveset looks intuitive like Hitomi's at the same time. I still don't get how they can make a characters with so many stances so safe, but not Brad for example. I don't know how it works, can someone explain me ?

Raansu

That's fine, but when demonstrating a character it's kind of annoying since it sits right in the center of the screen.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Really wish you'd turn off the move details box.

Personally I prefer not having it myself.

But for reference sake to show move properties in terms of frames, heights, sabaki potential (or lack of) , threshold levels and net damage... I think its quite necessary ..

I think more people would complain why its not there rather than why it is ..

matsu

I wanted to ask you a Rig demonstration :).I still don't know if i should love or hate you Emperor_Cow.Rig is gonna be a nighmare,thanks and good job.

Don't spoil all my fun...

Is it DOA 5 soundtrack?

Goro Hazuki

Glad you finally listened to me and did a Rig video :p
Awesome stuff dude. I really liked it. I need some DOA5 right now!

DrDogg

As with all of Cow's combo vids, 90% of the combos are not guaranteed... at all. And Rigs best combo (which is guaranteed) is not shown here.

qoodname

As with all of Cow's combo vids, 90% of the combos are not guaranteed... at all. And Rigs best combo (which is guaranteed) is not shown here.
90%!? Damn. Is it because only an attack that connects under 15 frames is guaranteed after sit down or for some other reason?

DrDogg

90%!? Damn. Is it because only an attack that connects under 15 frames is guaranteed after sit down or for some other reason?

The advantage after a sit down stun varies from character to character and sit down stun to sit down stun. All of Rig's sit down stuns guarantee at least a launch, but Cow only did one of those guaranteed launches in this video. Rig is one of the few characters who can link back to back sit down stuns, but not like what Cow did here. Most of that can be blocked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD