Dragon Shrine Maiden The Official Momiji Gameplay Thread

Cyberratchet

Since Momiji has been out for almost a week, might I ask which general combos you guys are using after a launch from 236P, 66P, 33P, 214P P+K, 8K and 66K?
Unfortunately I haven’t had much time to play this week, the only thing I’ve noticed in the little time I spend with her that her combos seem quite depended on the weight class after a launch.

EDIT: Also has anyone a tip for connecting 3P4PP after a K,P? I have no issue with Leifang, Mai oder Helenas combos, but this drives me absolutely insane.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Since Momiji has been out for almost a week, might I ask which general combos you guys are using after a launch from 236P, 66P, 33P, 214P P+K, 8K and 66K?
Unfortunately I haven’t had much time to play this week, the only thing I’ve noticed in the little time I spend with her that her combos seem quite depended on the weight class after a launch.

EDIT: Also has anyone a tip for connecting 3P4PP after a K,P? I have no issue with Leifang, Mai oder Helenas combos, but this drives me absolutely insane.
Yeah with her combos it depends on the weight, like after 66PP against lights and other launches she can actually use her FR as a combo but usually from what I've learned, 8P(how many depends on weight and counter/critical stun) and then like a 6PKP or sometimes with refloats like KP she can do 3P4PP or 4PK at certain heights.

And that may not connect due to their weight so you may have to use something else for them like KP into something else like PPP4P or like 8P into 6PP depending on what you want(wall splat, floor splat, etc.)

Cyberratchet

I found this document in the Momiji discord. So it should be possible to connect 3P4PP after K,P. It's mostly likely a timing issue on my end, I can easily get it on a NH 66P which launches Tina for 1,52m, but 236P only gets her up to 1.38m. Doesnt sound like a lot, but I can get it to connect 100% of the time on 66P.

Here's a video showing my issue:
https://streamable.com/rytkm

EDIT: Nvm it was a mistake in the document, you can't connect it. 6PKK > K/P works though.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

236P Followups:

KP -> 3P4PP
8P -> 6PKKP
PP4PK

236P Followups after BT H+K Fatal Stun (you have higher launch height thanks to the fatal stun):

4P+K8 -> Uzukaze PKK -> 66~3P+K
4P+K8 -> Uzukaze PP -> 7K (near wall)
KP -> 3P4PP

33P Followups:

4P+K8 -> Uzukaze PKK -> 66~3P+K
4P+K8 -> Uzukaze PP -> 7K (near wall)
4P+K -> 6PKKK (near wall)
KP -> 3P4PP
KP -> 6PKP
KP -> 4PK (inconsistent)
66PP -> 3P4PP

214PP+K Followups:

BT K -> 6PKKP
BT 4P -> 3P4PP

8K Followups:

8P -> 3P4PP
PP4PK

66K Followups:

8P -> 6PKKP
KP -> 3P4PP (inconsistent)

I found this document in the Momiji discord. So it should be possible to connect 3P4PP after K,P. It's mostly likely a timing issue on my end, I can easily get it on a NH 66P which launches Tina for 1,52m, but 236P only gets her up to 1.38m. Doesnt sound like a lot, but I can get it to connect 100% of the time on 66P.

Here's a video showing my issue:
https://streamable.com/rytkm

EDIT: Nvm it was a mistake in the document, you can't connect it. 6PKK > K/P works though.
It needs to be a counter hit or on a stunned opponent to get it to work.

Cyberratchet

You're a saint KING JAIMY, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll try all these combos on the different weight classes, looks promising so far.

It needs to be a counter hit or on a stunned opponent to get it to work.

The original version showed that it was possible on NH, I was aware that it works on CH or stun, because you get a higher launch off of it.

KING JAIMY

You're welcome!

The combos I posted should work on every class up until middleweight. On heavyweights you need to shorten the combos a bit and on lightweight you can start messing around with 3KP8 Uzukaze PKK as a juggle (as shown in the Momiji reveal trailer). I used to co-main her alongside Rig in DOA5 so if you have further questions, ask away!

NightAntilli

You're a saint KING JAIMY, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll try all these combos on the different weight classes, looks promising so far.

The original version showed that it was possible on NH, I was aware that it works on CH or stun, because you get a higher launch off of it.
For the heavier classes, using a 'refloat is useless most of the time, meaning you have to immediately go for the juggle. An example would be 236P, which requires you to immediately do 6PKKP, rather than using 8P first. If you do use a refloat, generally the only connecting move will be PPPP, if that.

Cyberratchet

if you have further questions, ask away!

So I’ve been in the lab for a while and that’s the list of combos I made. It’s obviously not anywhere optimal, but I can’t remember a 10 followups for every weight class … .

Like you posted on earlier I could try to work in the 8K after the 66K for midweight characters, but I don’t think that works on heavys. All in all it seems to be a bit tricky, I’m not sure if its worth the risk dropping the combo only for 3(?) dmg.

How would you integrate the 3PK8 in a combo for light characters? Instead or the 4P+K8? I cant get them to refloat fight enough to connect the Uzukake PKK afterwards if I substitute it for 4P+K8.

Are there any other good stun moves to start a launcher that I'm missing ?

Don’t pay too much attention to the unusual split into the different columns, it helps me remind the modularity of the combos.

EDIT: New chart with (BT) H+K stun combo.
Momiji_Combos.PNG

Last edited:

NightAntilli

On lightweight, you should be able to get off;
(BT) H+K, 236P, KP, 4P+K8 > PKK, (CH) 3P+K

Edit: Forgot the "3" before the final 3P+K

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey guys what do you guys feel is Momijis top ten best moves in your opinion? I wanted to see if everyone here had a general rundown of similar attacks they feel are good. Here's mine in no order:

:6::6::P::P:- I don't care much for the stun launch but it makes as a good refloater and the first strike is +7 on hit so you're at advantage on NH. It's also safe at -5 and has good range

:2::P:- +0 on NH, safe on block and seems good for playing and poking slower characters who don't have a real way to deal with the neutral reset besides waiting you out or crouching

:4::K:- Good keep out and has a jump transition to mask it's unsafety. And it's only 15i and has good reach

:4::P+K:- Tracks, great reach and relatively good for quick strikes at 15i. Also has a jump cancel to mask it's unsafety.

:H+K:- 12i, tracks, and is her fastest tracking strike and has decent mid close range reach and keep out plus it's distance safe at max range and -6 from max range.

:s::s::s::s:- Great for combo utility. That's the main reason I feel it as a whole is good,

:214::P+K:- Slow at 27i but gives +6 on block and seems like a decent way to get the pressure restarted if the opponent techs up, and it tracks. I feel the only weak point is that it's a mid punch which can be commonly held.

:6::H+K:- Similar to the above, slow at 26i but gives you +2 on block allowing for a alternate way to get that pressure. Knocks down as well. The only gripe is it doesn't track but atm it also has heavy FT properties and.

:4::4::K:- 18i but safe at -3, good keep out and starts a decent stun and has good reach.

The final one was hard but here's two I didn't know which to place above the other xD

:6::P+K:- Meh range but safe at -5 on block, and cause a CH lift stun of +33 making it useful as CH when you have advantage.

:8::P:- Unsafe but 14i and CH launches, also a good refloater for lighter weight classes and can avoid highs.

Another one I could say is good is her :2::H+K: and :1::P::2::K:, both the lows have great reach and can help get +7 to +9 from a distance. The initial low punch is also good for +4 on CH and it's follow ups are guaranteed on CH but the only drawback is the squatting -7 youre left at

NightAntilli

I can't really disagree that much with your list, but I have a few other preferences. This is mine;

:1::P: because it has a mid or low follow-up, which can be used to bait or confuse the opponent. Not to mention it tracks.
:2::H+K: simply because of its range. It's a good circular poke that reaches very far.
:4::P: since it tracks and has good follow-ups. It's one of the ways to get BT easily.
:7::K: it's so fast that it's useful to get out of many situations, and it's surprisingly evasive.
BT :P+K: It's so evasive it's amazing. I use it regularly and it works surprisingly well at evading a lot of stuff.
:H+K: Fast, tracks, good range.
:9::P::P::K: Simply her best launcher.
:6::6::P: Fast, great range, possibility to launch with its follow-up
:2::P: 12 frame low, neutral on hit. Says it all.
:9::P::P+K: Even though the follow-ups can all be evaded if randomly thrown out, under pressure it is a good tool. It can be used to jump over attacks that most characters throw out at a distance. The :K: evades a lot of stuff and hits people in the face. The :T: allows you to bound the whole cast and keeps people from sidestepping. The :P: keeps people from simply ducking everything, and the :P+K: can be used to throw off the timing of the opponent.

Bonus: :4::4::K: It is a great move, but, I simply rarely use it. I should use it more.

heyayane

I am very interested in this character! So far I liked playing Ayane (obviously ;D), Kasumi, Christie and Phase 4. I am torn between Mai and Momiji, both seem kind of fun to me. So as for a new player, which of those two are consired "the better option" or should I buy both? =)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I am very interested in this character! So far I liked playing Ayane (obviously ;D), Kasumi, Christie and Phase 4. I am torn between Mai and Momiji, both seem kind of fun to me. So as for a new player, which of those two are consired "the better option" or should I buy both? =)
If you want an easier character with solid tools I would choose Momiji. She's much more well rounded and safer than Mai imo. Mai is faster but she's more unsafe than LR and she had a few of her better moves toned down or even outright removed like her old 66KK which could crush moves and had a cancel opp. I feel like as Mai you would have to work harder while Momiji herself can get away with somewhat more than Mai can since she's way safer and has a more rounded kit. But I'd buy both since you never know who'll resonate better with you

heyayane

Hehe to be honest, this Mai character sounds great to me! I will probably consider buying both and give them a try. I'm still in the process of finding a main character in DoA, maybe it will be one of the two ladies (or even both).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've discovered that Momiji can do :2::1::4::P::P:after a bound combo! I found out last week LOL.
Yeah she's probably one of the best characters to bound in the game, she can do alot from a bound although I feel like :s: :s: :s: :s: is the best option when you can get it. XD

NightAntilli

I've discovered that Momiji can do :2::1::4::P::P:after a bound combo! I found out last week LOL.
I knew that but didn't think much of it because the damage of close hit :3::P+K: was higher. Obviously :214::P::P+K: works too.

The biggest use of that move is that :214::P: gives a fatal stun on counter hit if the opponent is in a crouching state. I don't remember if the :P+K: follow-up gives you a bounce or not.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I knew that but didn't think much of it because the damage of close hit :3::P+K: was higher. Obviously :214::P::P+K: works too.

The biggest use of that move is that :214::P: gives a fatal stun on counter hit if the opponent is in a crouching state. I don't remember if the :P+K: follow-up gives you a bounce or not.
It does but only during stun or CH

Chaos

These are some great matches.
LOL Don't worry I have more tricks under my sleeve. My Momiji isn't great but I know how you suppose to use her properly and I know more combos set ups. Just wait until my next Momiji video. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD