Early steps of the ladder

Arcane

For me it's like winning too much adds pressure as it's giving me something to defend/lose. What goes up must come down and such. But of course nobody plays forever without losing, just like it would be a serious accomplishment to lose forever without winning...it might feel like it sometimes, but even on my worst streaks I'm still winning 20-30% of my games.

It'll always be a mix of both, and the short term stretches of wins and losses really don't matter. It's like watching the stock market or something, there'll be countless little rises and falls and only the long term view means anything. So I tell myself not to worry about the short term. Did I just win 8 games straight? Well whatever, get 100 games in and then see what my record's like.
Yup, gotta get comfortable on that roller-coaster of wins and loses. Little by little it gets a bit easier as long as you keep playing.

Arcane

Played for a couple more hours on PS4 last night and was able to make it to C+. Fought a good mix of people with only one repeat. Also starting to fight more B ranked players. The most difficult fights were against a B ranked Nyotengu that blew me up and a C+ Hitomi player that was just solid. I have no idea how to handle Nyotengu and spent most of the match just trying to figure out her MO. Should get better as I encounter her more. Despite losing 0-2 to her, I really enjoyed my fight against the Hitomi player. The player was not fighting gimmicky or hyper-aggressive. Just solid offense and defense, great timing and great spacing. I found myself complimenting him/her under my breath.

The night was good, though, and I feel like I made some progress. While I still have a ways to go, I'm starting to get less agitated and doing combos a bit more consistently. Not perfectly, but I can see improvements on my replays. I also got my first combo-into-debris-into-free-launcher-into-extended-combo against a real player. Took over half their life without having to use meter. That was nice.

Had a few derpy moments too. I had been using Control Type B for some time since it just felt more natural but I have found it causes me consistency issues when doing P+K moves and I find LB really awkward to use, specially in tandem with the D-pad. I switched to Control Type A since I can more reliably press P+K with my thumb this way but found myself in a few instances where I was mashing H instead of P. Was pretty funny having my opponent whiff and me just standing there spamming block. Just need a few more games to fully rewire those neurons.

I will be playing more DOA the rest of the weekend. Time and luck permitting, I might hit B- before Monday.

indieanimator

This was a good read.
I don't get too hung up on rank, but was wondering if anyone else is stuck at c+.
No clue how a person goes higher.
I've played 3D fighters and DOA since they appeared, but can only play weekends.

I'm not as good at 3D fighters as 2D, despite doing the whole Tutorial, Command Training, Challenged, Training, Vs, etc.

Arcane

This was a good read.
I don't get too hung up on rank, but was wondering if anyone else is stuck at c+.
No clue how a person goes higher.
I've played 3D fighters and DOA since they appeared, but can only play weekends.

I'm not as good at 3D fighters as 2D, despite doing the whole Tutorial, Command Training, Challenged, Training, Vs, etc.
Thanks for reading. I'm in no position to offer advice considering my limited knowledge of the game. All I can say is that what's winning games for me right now is just focusing on fundamentals: having good spacing, slowly learning what attacks and strings are unsafe on block and punishing those, whiff punishing, and learning when it is my turn and having the discipline to not push buttons until it is. I don't know how far these things alone will carry me but so far they are working out.

Edit: forgot to say, feel free to add me. I'm always down for some friendly practice matches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD