Ein video and critique thread

Shodaku

Your Ein is solid, no doubt. When fighting Christie, try to stay out of close range as much as possible. It never works out well for Ein unless you can make a good read on an interrupt point against Christie. 3P & 6K will be your pokes for interruption. 3K~delay~K will be your hit-confirmable launcher when at Range 2 (outside jab range) if you can CH something or even score a NH. 2P is also a great tool against any predicted highs (like you showed against something like Christie's H+KK). 3H is amazing against Christie and shuts down JAK in its tracks. 1P is also necessary to deter sidestep abuse.

If she tries to close in on you or pressure you with 6PP, be ready with a Mid-P hold. If you take away 6PP or 6PPP from Christie, you can make it a lot harder for her to score an easy CH stun to get her critical stun mix-up game started. H+K doesn't have a good follow-up and no JAK transition like 6PP. 6K doesn't have good follow-ups on block but does have a JAK transition. After 6K, consider 1P'ing (or 2P'ing if the opponent doesn't JAK). 4K only has a high & low follow-up, though the "low" can low-crush making it a little tricky with using 2P's to interrupt (though you can just use 3P or 6K like JayceeChris implied).

Thank you for the detailed strategy and kind words! Good to hear I'm on the right track with Ein. Both JayceeChris and you emphasized those 3K's and I'm realizing I'm barely using them, I'll make them a part of my repertoire. I'll remember to use them with at Range 2/outside jab range.

I went into training mode as Christie and tested out all the strings both of you recommended learning how to handle, and practiced countering and blocking them as Ein. I also spent a while beating on the AI focusing on using that low offensive throw (3T) and it does destroy Jak as long as I'm quick on the draw. It also gets her slide kick, though I had little luck OH'ing her 2H+K (the long low kick). It can be stopped with the OH but the timing is difficult offline so I don't think it's worth trying online, I'll save it for Jak and the slide kicks.

That opponent is usually online during the weekend, so I look forward to practicing these strats and showing him a few new tricks next time!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD