Ein video and critique thread

Nameless Sama

It seems Tokyo joined the " TORAIAHHHH" Club.

Welcome , Welcome :D

BTW: Eins sunglass is good for....... sorry I mean it fits him very well :p

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

Nah ... I just found myself suddenly playing with Ein instead of Kasumi. Dunno how this happened :p
Just pressed some buttons there.

Anyway you are weclome ! Doesnt matter if you just play with him or not ;D The door is always open.

I am just polite. Thats all.

SweetSauceBoss

I was trying to mirror Hitomi's mix-ups but then I remembered that Ein doesn't really have that type of game LOL. Did get lucky though. Mostly using 3P stun to set up 33T. Also, I do have a terrible connection to some opponents which is why my holding is totally delayed in some parts.

I think the Home stage is the worst stage for Ein right? Cause CQC with him is a freaking nightmare, for me at least. So here's me getting my ass handed to me for the most part. My opponent (friend) caught on to the 3P stun 33T so I alternated with a 3P launch combo. I also noticed that Ein's crouch dash is notably fast and reminds me of Jin's wavedash from Tekken.

Here's a back and forth match. Still relying on 3P stun 33T. I also tend to use 214K for wake up pressure, idk why. I like poking with 2P just to get some space from me and the opponent. I feel like 6P+K is useless because of how damn slow it is. But 46P... that's my jam. Saves the day, I probably would've eaten the PB if I tried something else.

Anyways, that's mostly how I play Ein, I'd really appreciate feedback from the Karate masters on here or just in general useful tips that'll help up my game in spacing or whatever.

Tenryuga

@SweetSauceBoss

You have to learn how to hitconfirm 3P. Whether it hits or gets blocked you are always committing to some type of followup and that will get you blown up. 3P is -4 on block so when you see that it gets blocked it's time to shift into defensive gears.
When it hits you have all the time in the world to plan out your assault as well as react to holds.

33T shouldn't be the main line of offense after you get a stun. You should do what you were doing when your friend started catching on to your grabs as your main line of offense. In other words 3P into any launcher. Ein's stun game isn't great at all and his mixups as you already know are balls. Best to just launch as soon as you get a deep stun.

Also 214K is nice on wakeup but IMO it is better to space yourself so you can whiff punish their wakeup kick with 236P because that wins against both mid wakeup kicks and low wakeup kicks as opposed to 214K which will only beat low wakeups.

Check out my Ein guide. There is a shit ton of information in there and a bunch of useful links at the end including an Ein tutorial for beginners by Allan Paris. That will be eveything you need to know to play him; The rest comes with experience. Nice to see other players using the underdog of the game. :cool:

:ein:

Tenryuga

Here is my lastest match with Ein.

Good job here. Just a few things:

-Never 1K during 2P pressure. 1K is far too slow to make good use of the +1. Stick to your initial pokes.

-When players rush at you fast pokes like his 4P, 6P (you used it here) work well. Alot of players will try to run at you and grab if they see you moving back constantly and these work well to punish them for it. 9P is also good against players that rush at you as well as 3K.

Nothing else left to say. Keep it up.

A sparring match with an Ein player from my scene.

My suggestion to the Ein player is to use better pokes when spacing. Run up 2H+K is not bad but it is slow. Whiffing Ein's jabs and 4P and 9P at farther ranges are a good tactic to get the opponent to respond some way. If Ein doesn't do things like this from time to time what will happen is the first 30 seconds of so of that video where you guys were just kind of moving back and forth with neither taking initiative.

Which is my tip to you as well. If Ein doesn't indicate he is taking initiative and is waiting on your mistakes I wouldn't play it safe. I would actually test the Ein player by running right up to his face possibly even throwing him if I felt ballsy enough. When you do things like this you force him to make decisions. Kasumi can do this because of her 66P. If Ein is not on point with his reaction to your approach he WILL get counterblown by this move.

Also when Ein whiffs things like 4P+K that's a free get in. He can only get away with that whiff at farther ranges.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
My suggestion to the Ein player is to use better pokes when spacing. Run up 2H+K is not bad but it is slow. Whiffing Ein's jabs and 4P and 9P at farther ranges are a good tactic to get the opponent to respond some way. If Ein doesn't do things like this from time to time what will happen is the first 30 seconds of so of that video where you guys were just kind of moving back and forth with neither taking initiative.

Which is my tip to you as well. If Ein doesn't indicate he is taking initiative and is waiting on your mistakes I wouldn't play it safe. I would actually test the Ein player by running right up to his face possibly even throwing him if I felt ballsy enough. When you do things like this you force him to make decisions. Kasumi can do this because of her 66P. If Ein is not on point with his reaction to your approach he WILL get counterblown by this move.

Also when Ein whiffs things like 4P+K that's a free get in. He can only get away with that whiff at farther ranges.

He's still relatively new to fighting Kasumi though I occasionally did pressure him hard during our set. Both of us were trying to work on our spacing. But thanks for the tips! Ein's not the only one that can whiff punish bad whiffs, he can get punished badly himself if he whiffs in front of someone including a short-ranged fighter like Kasumi.

Gurimmjaw

Good job here. Just a few things:

-Never 1K during 2P pressure. 1K is far too slow to make good use of the +1. Stick to your initial pokes.

-When players rush at you fast pokes like his 4P, 6P (you used it here) work well. Alot of players will try to run at you and grab if they see you moving back constantly and these work well to punish them for it. 9P is also good against players that rush at you as well as 3K.

Nothing else left to say. Keep it up.

Thanks man doing my best with him and making use of KBD. It is weird doing it on the 2nd player side though.

I will keep these in mind though I usually do prefer moves that knock them back like 46P and 236P, but i'll try and get use to doing pokes as well. I no longer unsafely do 66KKK. I make better use of it now.

I like this match. You kept it simple and showed one thing that Ein excels at. Making people impatient and taking advantage of said impatience. After a while your opponent started to get careless and you were able to capitalize on their recklessness.

Needs more #3P. J/k =P

Yeah that what I like about Ein. I was patient and waiting for what they would do. And when they get impatient that when Ein will make them pay for it.

Try to quickly rush up to Ein being impatient? 46P and 236P to the face lol.

Tenryuga

Thanks man doing my best with him and making use of KBD. It is weird doing it on the 2nd player side though.

I will keep these in mind though I usually do prefer moves that knock them back like 46P and 236P, but i'll try and get use to doing pokes as well.

46P is good for that as well and you have to be careful with 236P despite how great it is because some players run up and block. If that gets blocked you get punished.

Reason I mentioned other pokes is because at closer ranges when players run in on you 46P and 236P actually have a chance at getting YOU counterhit instead of the opponent because of the way their hitboxes/hurtboxes and startup work.

And yeah man it KBD feels like that at first haha. But you were doing pretty well with it; I'd love to see how your Jann lee play evolves from this technique as well.

He's still relatively new to fighting Kasumi though I occasionally did pressure him hard during our set. Both of us were trying to work on our spacing. But thanks for the tips! Ein's not the only one that can whiff punish bad whiffs, he can get punished badly himself if he whiffs in front of someone including a short-ranged fighter like Kasumi.

Yes; Despite how good Ein's keepout is he is massively unsafe on both whiff and block for his better keepout moves. This is also part of the reason why Ein must exercise so much caution. And yeah he has the right idea when facing Kasumi other than the stuff I mentioned and I look forward to seeing the progress you both make in this MU.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Been doing some labbing since I've been back. Still this is one of my worse matchups, critique away.

Not much Ein can do in this fight. It is actually supposed to go much worse than you had it here because Shade wasn't using the right pokes to shut you down in CQC though what he was doing was more than sufficient. You took advantage when you needed to and were on point with the whiff punishment. Nice to see you're starting to upgrade your movement as well. A great set.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
A little footage from the weekend. Don't focus on my shitty Phase, better take a look on how the Ein player acts in these matches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD