EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

We need trolls on our side to assure 1st..."wanna see giant tits fighting each other at Evo? DONATE FOR DoA!" Troll the trolls and get DOA a $1000 pot bonus 2 birds, 1 stone.

So basically DoA World lol?

We need to be strategic about this. Donate at the last minute so other people can't snipe DoA eBay style ...

Someone must have donated 1000$, as now we are third, after the ponies and Smash. I think DOA5 can do it. If everyone here donates 5-10 $ we will make it. I will donate my part before de 29th.

Someone must have donated 1000$, as now we are third, after the ponies and Smash. I think DOA5 can do it. If everyone here donates 5-10 $ we will make it. I will donate my part before de 29th.
Where do you see that? It's not updated on SRK.

EDIT: Oh nevermind.

Told people that my money just hadn't gone through yet :p.

Updated current standings:
Super Smash Bros. Melee $1,764.32
Dead or Alive 5 $1,202.69
Skull Girls $1,121.22
Guilty Gear XX $937.90
Dive Kick $422.90
Soul Calibur 5 $387.41
BlazBlue $225.00
Virtua Fighter 5 $201.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $160.00
Super Street Fighter II Turbo $145.00
PlayStation Sony All-Stars $126.00
Dark Stalkers 3 $115.00
Injustice $68.95
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $65.00
Capcom vs SNK 2 $60.00
Melty Blood $40.00

Can't believe MLP and Divekick are even on the list. Neither game is officially licensed and Divekick is just too silly to even be serious anyway.

Nice to see DOA5 in second place at the moment. Definitly gonna donate once I get my money up after I pay bills.

I will never ever EVER again not acknowledge the power of 4Chan and internet trolls! Brony's are kicking everyone's ass as far as donations. I find it quite sad that DOA as a series has sold millions of games world wide yet our community can't support the game enough to beat out DiveKick. Are you F***ing kidding me!!!?DIVEKICK!?!

This is why I hate on the culture of the FGC as a whole 50% is made up of idiots.

Nintendo fanboys finally get the chance to get Smash into EVO and they just might pull it off. It doesn't surprise me because Smash still get played at tournaments at most conventions here in California.

Someone here said we need to use strategy and I agree. Lets show these smashbros retards how much smarter DOA players are. Lets use logic to win.

Everyone save your money for the final day of donations.

Do you see how smash bros is retaliating?

If we stop donating smash bros will too. Then we hit them all at once, theyll never have enough time and if we actually did do this im sure Evo would be impressed that a community could come together to plan out something like this, its fail proof trust me, even if we lost we'd still be champions. Whos with me!? Ill try to get a decent size saved up by January 17th.

If u wanna prove the DOA community is no joke and filled with smart, disciplined people then lets pull this off.

and if u guys disagree with me ill proudly quit this community with my head held high

That method scares me. I hope all the money goes through in time and DOA doesn't pass up Smash after the results have already been submitted and Smash gets the spot at EVO.

Someone here said we need to use strategy and I agree. Lets show these smashbros retards how much smarter DOA players are. Lets use logic to win.

Everyone save your money for the final day of donations.

Do you see how smash bros is retaliating?

If we stop donating smash bros will too. Then we hit them all at once, theyll never have enough time and if we actually did do this im sure Evo would be impressed that a community could come together to plan out something like this, its fail proof trust me, even if we lost we'd still be champions. Whos with me!? Ill try to get a decent size saved up by January 17th.

If u wanna prove the DOA community is no joke and filled with smart, disciplined people then lets pull this off.

and if u guys disagree with me ill proudly quit this community with my head held high

Hmm, considering the lag with the updates.... It's a better idea to separate it in parts, some people donating the night before the final day and the other part donating the last day itself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD