EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

Then why are you here?
i like the game bro that's why. but you should support smash my friend.
The game that deserves the last spot is whichever community donates the most. Nothing else.

Tell that to the Melty Blood community who got their game in back in 2010 despite the odds.

It's this exact kind of pessimism that's hurting the fighting game community in general. If you don't got nothing good to say and aren't willing to help, then get the fuck out.

Your attitude is an insult to anyone who's given their blood, sweat and tears to build a community. To guys like Mr. Wah, Virtua Pai, Rikuto, Dr. Dogg, etc. To guys from other sites like Jaxel from 8WR, Master Chibi and the Melty Bread crew, heck even to Wiz, Seth and the Cannons who built SRK from scratch to what it is today. So let me repeat myself, GET THE FUCK OUT!
chill out dude...give smash credit my friend..they are more hated than doa...and they run their own events. It's almost death to say you still play smash dude. Giving them this type of opening is almost a gimmie. Respect to MB, DOA, and such, but it's smash dude. And this is coming from a shitty smash player too. I'm not ADHD, M2K, Ken, Mango, Ocean, and etc.

Besides i want more wombo combo...

But hey man this is my opinion. Don't throw me to the wolves all because i'm not on Team DOA. i like the game, but smash(voting for SSBM btw) and ps all stars are getting my five dollars.

I love you d3v...i still remember your article. You spoke the truth. I still respect you.

chill out dude...give smash credit my friend..they are more hated than doa...and they run their own events. It's almost death to say you still play smash dude. Giving them this type of opening is almost a gimmie. Respect to MB, DOA, and such, but it's smash dude. And this is coming from a shitty smash player too. I'm not ADHD, M2K, Ken, Mango, Ocean, and etc.

But hey man this is my opinion. Don't throw me to the wolves all because i'm not on Team DOA. i like the game, but smash(voting for SSBM btw) and ps all stars are getting my five dollars.

I love you d3v...i still remember your article. You spoke the truth. I still respect you.
Then don't dump negativity on an article clearly meant to drum up support to get DOA5 at EVO.

o_O I don't know if your serious or just trolling? I like you and respect you MasterHavik but you must have a screw loose.Common sense would tell you that if your not going to support DOA getting to EVO then why would you come on a thread that is asking for support for DOA and then you say you are supporting some other games?

Maybe your just upset that a few posters stated the reality of PS Allstars being a flop(which I predicted when I posted in a thread about the game last year on this site by the way) which is understandable. But after posting what you just posted you just lost whatever respect you had concerning the FSD community and the DOA community as a whole.

Its fine to have an opinion but If your not going to support DOA or the DOA community at least keep it to yourself and don't say it openly on DOA based forum. What you posted was just dumb.

:confused: I don't know if your serious or just trolling? I like you and respect you MasterHavik but you must have a screw loose.Common sense would tell you that if your not going to support DOA getting to EVO then why would you come on a thread that is asking for support for DOA and then you say you are supporting some other games?

Maybe your just upset that a few posters stated the reality of PS Allstars being a flop(which I predicted when I posted in a thread about the game last year on this site by the way) which is understandable. But after posting what you just posted you just lost whatever respect you had concerning the FSD community and the DOA community as a whole.

Its fine to have an opinion but If your not going to support DOA or the DOA community at least keep it to yourself and don't say it openly on DOA based forum. What you posted was just dumb.
I to had called PSA a flop. I HATE that game. And my friend tries to convince himself that game is so sweet and I look at him like -.- U serious?

Havik, after announcing - no, getting someone to announce for you what you could've done yourself - that you were dropping out of going to Final Round after issuing - and even hyping - a money match to someone you supposedly respect the same way you respect d3v... One would think you'd just lay low after that and stay out of trouble.

I'm sorry Havik, but the actions you're taking here are just wrong no matter how you dress it up.

Disappointed that there doesn't seem to be mention of this on DOAW or even DOAC.

I'm dying to see DOA5 at EVO and hopefully gamers see it as a competitive fighter :) *fingers cross*

Edit: People who thinks DOA5 is nothing but a button masher ( I hate seeing/hearing that word when people
are mentioning DOA) needs to give it a chance because the gameplay mechanics really has some depth and it's really a amazing fighting game which is far more superior than DOA4 ( that game gave competitive players bad dreams). I wish there's more members online right now so they can see this and vote for DOA5!

I to had called PSA a flop. I HATE that game. And my friend tries to convince himself that game is so sweet and I look at him like -.- U serious?
The company who made PS All stars doesn't have a clue on what competitive awesome gameplay is all about :rolleyes:

See Havik I have nothing against you bro, but bs like this is why the DOA community constantly put you on blast. You need to learn when to chill out. You talk all that trash about traveling and getting people to play DOA and then post something like this? Do you expect people to take you seriously? I am assuming that you are being serious.

I'm new here, I recently tried the game and liked it but I was busy with other fighters so I ended up selling it. Now after the Vita announcement I'm back to play this game and it's great, so I just wanted to say I'll support DOA5 and donate what I can, which is not much but I hope it helps. I'll also promote the game on VIta forums.

I think it's so unfair DOA5 is not getting at least one chance on EVO, almost every new game with solid following has a spot, right now DOA is a solid fighter, but most people only see boobs, I really hope DOA5 at EVO will happen.

And sorry, but smash on EVO gives me the creeps, it just feels like it doesn't belong. I know it has depth and a big community, but it's way too different to classic fighting games so it's hard for me to consider it part of the genre.

It's competing against Capcom vs SNK 2? This is not going to be easy...

A lot of the big players who would like to see it return haven't kept up with it, so that may actually be a benefit. Top players aren't going to want to vote in a game they're rusty at and quite a few already split their attentions between several games as it is. I do a lot of strange stuff when I play Marvel or SFxT and then switch back to DoA haha.

A lot of the big players who would like to see it return haven't kept up with it, so that may actually be a benefit. Top players aren't going to want to vote in a game they're rusty at and quite a few already split their attentions between several games as it is. I do a lot of strange stuff when I play Marvel or SFxT and then switch back to DoA haha.

I got 4 copies( DC,XBOX,GC and PS2) of CApcom vs SNK 2 and I haven't played the game since 2006.Good times though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD