EVO 2015 Lineup

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i dont know if its THAT much, but if Namco really is sponsoring it then i expect a significant cash prize. one that the western players have little chance in winning.

Doa_Eater

Oh man, that's hilarious!

With all understanding and reasoning that the Doa community is showing, Doa got robbed big time. Still cant believe two anime games played by the exact same people got in, GGxrd would have been enough. And that leaves out Blazeblue that was hypest final with great technical showing and money.

Oh well, yay for SonixFox vs LordKnight runback!!! But fuck those two really, let's go NerdJosh and imminent random Japanese winner!!!

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
at least MKX you have a couple months to figure things out
This is where I disagree. MKX comes out in April, and Evo is in July. That's only 3 months for players to prepare, but 3 months is not enough time to study match ups, especially since MKX has the three character variation system in play. Three months is also not enough time for people to prepare to play their characters to their fullest potential. The MKX matches are going to look very newbish, because people just didn't have enough time.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
This is where I disagree. MKX comes out in April, and Evo is in July. That's only 3 months for players to prepare, but 3 months is not enough time to study match ups, especially since MKX has the three character variation system in play. Three months is also not enough time for people to prepare to play their characters to their fullest potential. The MKX matches are going to look very newbish, because people just didn't have enough time.

3 months is plenty of time to apply what these pros already know, learn the new mechanics, and play it to an acceptable level. its still a game based off the familiar NRS basis not something brand new.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yes, it is. The game will be brand new, but that's enough time to consume & break down characters. No, it doesn't have to be matches consumed yet, but maining a character, yes it is. They don't have to be 100% on par as there are a lot of things that will still need to be discovered, but they will be able to compete. That's why they're playing right away. Plus, it'll be exciting since it's a brand new installment to the MK community.

Last edited:
Reactions: CFW

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I still feel that a more established game should have made the line up. Guilty Gear has been out for awhile, so it gets a pass. But 3 months before a major? I'm just not feeling it. Ah well, I'm not going to be watching MKX, because I just lost interest in the series and NRS in general.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
If that's the case, then you could say that for DOA5U for TFC13 when it 1st came out & now for Last Round being in Winter Brawl which are considered good turnouts (assuming that WB will be). DOA5U came out like 2 or 3 weeks right before TFC13. LR is doing the same for WB. That's more than enough time to have a main established, man.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Thing is, Last Round isn't bringing any new gameplay mechanics like DOA5U did with the Power Launcher. And I doubt that we'll see anyone use Raidou or Honoka for competition yet. Aside from a few balance changes and new stages, Last Round would have been more than acceptable, because it's essentially still DOA5 at the core.

CFW

MKX being at EVO was pretty much guaranteed since the day we found out the release date.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
That is true. I just don't expect to see a lot of high level play. But then again, I don't really know what constitutes as high level play in NRS games. MK9 was so boring to watch and InjustASS is, well, InjustASS.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh it'll have new changes to it. Just don't know it yet because Team Ninja hasn't released any info on the mechanics or characters in terms of what's changed. It may not being drastic in terms of things like something "New" mechanically, but we'll be playing a different game. DOA5U is a lot different than DOA5 vanilla.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
That I understand. I can see Last Round having a few adjustments, especially since new characters are added to the mix. Just wish Team Ninja would tell us what changes are coming, if any.

Kohlrak

That I understand. I can see Last Round having a few adjustments, especially since new characters are added to the mix. Just wish Team Ninja would tell us what changes are coming, if any.

They're telling us everything else. We're gonna know and get bored with the game before it even comes out.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Also, to throw it out there, Injustice isn't "InjustAss". It's a good game mechanically. Character-wise, it thrives off of characters who does killer damage & who get in & stay in. Which is why The Flash, Batgirl, Martain Manhunter, Batman, Superman, & Zod are considered the best characters. MK9 wasn't bad mechanically either. Just wasn't balanced well. Still, the reason why it's been alive so long because the mechanics are great, enough for the community to keep supporting it.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
At the end of the day, I will not fault anyone for playing the games they love. I'm a primarily 3D fighting gamer, so I just get more hyped watching high level Tekken, DOA, SC, and VF. I can enjoy watching 2D fighters, because they are simple enough to follow and flashy. But as far as getting hyped, 3D does it best for me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD