DOA6 EVO Japan 2019: DOA World Championship, Mai and Season Pass

15-dead-or-alive-6-world-championship-announced-over-90000-cash-pri.jpg

Team NINJA presented DOA6 today at EVO Japan in Fukuoka starting at 8pm Pacific Time. The stream was live via openrec, and the event started with a professional player exhibition and ended with Shimbori presenting information for DOA6. Every character will be unlocked for attendees at EVO Japan, and special DOA6 demos from Siologica and Teru Rock were live streamed.

DOA World Championship was revealed at the show with 90k up for grabs and more details coming soon. Just a few weeks ago I expressed the importance of a championship in my opinion piece, and it's good to see that they do have serious plans in the works for DOAs offline community. A timed demo will be coming out next weekend so you can begin preparing for the championships with all 24 base game characters and some important features unlocked.

The season pass was announced and will contain more than 60 costumes and a collaboration with the King of Fighters XIV featuring costumes and 2 guest characters for the game. Mai is coming back from DOA5 to DOA6 as a playable character, and another yet to be revealed. For pre-ordering the first season pass you get one bonus costume for Nyo-Tengu and a NiCO accessory that all fighters can wear with the first volume of costumes releasing for the pass being wedding themed.

Siologica won the exhibition using both NiCO and Diego. He showcased NiCO's lightning launcher in greater depth and revealed that it also guard breaks! At one point he hit AKA with an 18 hit combo on Miyabi making the character look very strong before the official release. Showcasing the new characters from one of the best DOA players in the world was likely the focal point of this exhibition from Team NINJA.

God's Garden presented a mini-tournament for DOA6 at EVO Japan, and it showcased the gameplay and graphics beautifully. Levels that were previously displayed with bad lighting (Colosseum and Road Rage) have appeared to be fixed. The reflecting light off of white costumes has also been fixed for the final build.

DOA6 had a decent showing at the event, and while there are more details to be released soon it's nice to see DOA going the right direction competitively. Most players will agree that Mai was an excellent addition to DOA5 and will likely be just as rewarding in DOA6. We ask that you continue to follow us at FSD for all of the latest news on these exciting new topics!

Last edited:
Keep in mind it was EVO JAPAN they would not have done this if it was the event in the US. They probably didn't even think about that fact that this is streamed to an international audience… and quite frankly the girls were probably a bit more… erm… enthusiastic than expected…
“Ohhhh… Honoka's boobs look so soft. Zoom in!” Shimbori: “We can also show other costumes” “Nah… we good… CLOSER!“
(not actual dialogue, but not too far off)

It's funny too that people outside of the DOA circle said the exact same thing.
It's obvious that they are catering to both sides of the pond and yet Wizard is trying to interject with American Core Values... it becomes a little more messed up than you think.

It's funny that even the Japanese have railed on him for it too.

On a positive note:
1- Great collection of stuff revealed to hype every type of gamer.
2- Actual PC loading times are quick (mostly because of NVMe SSD), but still faster than previously shown.
3- The games color wasn't seen well because of HDR mode over incompatible capture equipment (99% sure it's the reason).
4- NiCO :nico::cool:o_O
5- Pro potential delivered by the hands of pros.
6- The debacle reopened conversation about DOA's identity and roots on a large scale, this time they should become wiser, unless they double down :eek: (they = TN or KT, whomever is making the calls).
well, I tried (to shift the mood to a positive one), but you (or they) kept on talking about it, oh ma God.
35colorpurple_1.gif

Last edited:
I dont know if anyone posted this and I dont know if this was like a side tourney or something, but here's some more gameplay from EVO that showcases some great matches while Shimbori commentates. The Phase 4 vs Kasumi match was pretty godlike. Shoutouts to GodsGarden1's channel for posting this on youtube.

#CoreValues

damn, that subtitle text and aliasing are so sharp i could feel the blood on my hand... this is pc footage, btw

somebody caught an instance of 2 bar break hold but looks like that mechanic is still 1 bar here. interesting

Reactions: YEH
damn, that subtitle text and aliasing are so sharp i could feel the blood on my hand... this is pc footage, btw

somebody caught an instance of 2 bar break hold but looks like that mechanic is still 1 bar here. interesting

In some cases it was a stream within in a stream within a stream. I would not use this event as a platform to complain about the visuals of the game, but do you. Second possibility is that you don't know what settings were used, looks like they used Alienware at the event, but I could be wrong.

Watch DOA6 at Winter Brawl 3D. https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5-and-doa6-invade-winter-brawl-3d.8274/

You will then see DOA6 how it's supposed to be played and how good it looks being played.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD