Favorite character voice/actor?

Princeofhalcyon

I asked a friend this and decided to share it. Mine are in order, Yui horie (hitomi) mai aizawa (marie rose) and hideyuki hori (ryu) I only play in japanese but for those that play in english you can list them to. I know liam o brian plays rig and i always love that guys performances, Especially as a villain (which he basically always plays) typecasting.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Favorite English VAs:
:kasumi::naotora::phase4::rachel::marierose::eliot::bass::lisa::rig:

Favorite Japanese VAs:
:naotora::momiji::kasumi::phase4::rachel::hitomi::mai:

☆I like the English ones since I liked the VAs, Kasumi and Naotora are my favorites, Kasumi sounds reserved yet feisty and calm and collected, and I like how Naotora sounds like a tomboy with a twang of girly girl and how she kinda sounds a bit androgynous at times. Phase 4's lower pitched voice is just hot and has a sort of darker vibe to it. Eliot sounds like he's actually around my age and sounds energetic and youthful, while Bass sounds like a happy large ham now and confident like he should be. Lisa and Marie Rose's voices I'm also fans of plus it fits their characters, and Liam did really good as Rig. They also do good jobs sounding hurt when struck and like they seriously took a hit. Overall I don't like how certain English VAs had to cut unnecessary corners when replicating screams, for example Kasumi's English VA could have done better on the high pitched scream from P+KK while the Japanese VA of course nailed it.

☆I don't use Japanese often but I do like their battle cries and higher pitched yells and some of their grunts of pain, speaking voices not so much bar Kasumi and Naotora. Overall their screams and grunts of pain are too stylish which imo ruins the voice, when you're struck it shouldn't sound pleasant. The English VAs beat them in this department.

Last edited:

Mama

My favorite voice actors are yuri lowenthal(hayate),Karen strassman(Helena,gotta love that french accent)and Lauren landa(kasumi)

WAZAAAAA

JP 'busa is the real shit. It's the same godlike voice actor for all DOA and Ninja Gaiden games. It's so hype that he makes me want to shout NIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH all the fucking day

Brute

Standard Donor
I like Grey DeLisle.

Still would've liked Elizébet in DOA, but whatever. Guess we had to have Phase 4 and Honoka instead...

UpSideDownGRUNT

DOA VAs:
  • Hideyuki Hori - Hayabusa
  • Hikaru Midorikawa - Ein specifically
  • Sakura Tange - Kasumi 1996 - 2000, Kasumi Alpha/Alpha-152
  • Yui Horie - Hitomi

Non DOA VAs:
  • Ali Hillis - Lightning
  • Alyson Court - Claire Redfield 1997 - 2014
  • Laura Bailey - Female Voice 1(SR3 & SR4), Serana(TESV:Skyrim), Serah Farron(FFXIII Trilogy), Rise Kujikawa(Persona 4 - P4AU)
  • Yumi Hara - Takane Shijou(THE iDOLM@STR), Yumi (Senran Kagura), Kazumi Mishima (Tekken 7)
  • Jennifer Hale - Dr. Naomi Hunter(Metal Gear), FemShep(Mass Effect 1-3), Commander Sarah Palmer a.k.a FemShep 2.0(Halo 4, Halo 5)
  • Michael Bell - Raziel(Legacy of Kain), The Fear(MGS3)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD