Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

Wait is it next month that the election happens? I wonder Donald Trump will win? Hilary seems just as bad so It doesn't seem like it's gonna be good either way.

Also If a city like Midgar existed in real life I'd be going there!

Hayabusiness

I can't wait for FFXV to come out so we finally know if it's good, okay or bad.
I saw some of that one-hour preview and it felt very boring to me... the world looks so empty.

What scares me the most though is probably FFVIIRemake. I swear if they screw it up... FFVII had so many memorable scenes, did it really need to be remade from scratch? I feel like that a graphic rehash akin to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask 3D (faithful to the original art style) with some more background info on Sephiroth and Hojo would have been a better choice, even if less exciting.
Like, FFVII is a flawed gem, but is there a need to fix what's not broken? I understand the graphics in the overworld look like ass, but can you really say the game's most amazing moments need to be fixed? That they're old?

I guess it's more of a reimagining but meh. It feels so iffy... they really have to pull off something amazing to even put it on the same level of the original without feeling pretentious. I know anything FFVII sells but they are doing something very dangerous.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wait is it next month that the election happens? I wonder Donald Trump will win? Hilary seems just as bad so It doesn't seem like it's gonna be good either way.

No matter how it plays out over there you guys are still leaving the EU! T__T The world is going nuts...

So, i have an xbox One

What am i missing out on since i don't have a PS4?
Are you talking about FFXV? I'm not going to lie...right now the Xbox versions looks a little rough compared to the PS4 version of FFXV...

c5PNLVA.gif

Lower resolution, lover detail and texture quality. But they are still working on the game. They might still fix a lot of things. They said they would do their best till release. At least they acknowledge the game is still in a graphically messy state.

I can't wait for FFXV to come out so we finally know if it's good, okay or bad.
I saw some of that one-hour preview and it felt very boring to me... the world looks so empty.

The big majority of previews/hands ons by convention visitors and gaming journalists have in fact been positive. It also won one award after the other on recent conventions where they displayed their game. I think it is going to be a solid to good game, like all FFs before...except that first version of that MMO. They won't release a bad mainline FF. That is out of the question. Especially after this game has become one of the most expensive games ever made.

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

You should play it Jadeinchains! It's not perfect, it's not my favorite JRPG, but it has some really great moments, a lot of heart, VERY original setting and plot and the gameplay is fun!

Jadeinchains

Yeah I'll have to since I've recently gotten into the Final Fantasy series. I've heard a lot of good things to about it so before the remake comes out I'll definitely play through the original. Plus after playing through the XIII and X series I know a lot more about the series.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So it literally comes down to just a slight graphic issue.

Idk if that's worth buying a whole new console x_x

Of course there won't be any other differences. ;) It's the exact same game, just a little less pretty on Xbox.
I also don't think a slight graphical update is worth buying a new console for. By that logic PS4 owners would have to buy the PS4 Neo for it's probably prettier version and Neo owners the inevitable PC version for the prettiest version.

On another note:
Who else needs to have this suit?

tumblr_o4w0peAXfW1rt758uo1_1280.jpg

Cqx9Z92VMAAsiWJ.jpg:orig

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Who has the best Pre Order bones? do you know?

Even I have no clue about that. XD The dozens of different bonuses of different editions and in all countries and retailers is really confusing. The suit I mentioned is only available with the Deluxe and Ultimate editions of FFXV though:

ffxv_ultimate_edition-1200x675.jpg

124540_Deluxe_bonusLG.jpg

I guess I have to re-preorder it again... *sigh*

Oh, I found these regarding preorders:

final_fantasy_15_digital_preorder_incentives-1-1152x685.jpg

final-fantasy-XV-2.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm not getting any of the preorders and there is always so many different types so I hope a lot of this stuff is dlc.

I do hope so too... I also hope we will get more costumes for the characters as DLC in general. FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns did it, so I hope it continues in FFXV.
I wonder how Noctis and the guys would look in other FF characters' costumes. XD

Nikotsumi

With my preorder I'm just getting silly weapons (Masamune and Zidane's daggers) and the camera kit. I want that Noctis outfits, but I'm not paying 20€ more for just that (and yeah, the movie) and end up with that cover atrocious thing xD
I'll buy it for sure if it becomes a regular DLC after the release.
I'm also interested in that camera kit, I wonder what it really is, doesn't Prompto already take pictures in the game?

Chapstick

I believe the election vote happens in November and Trump is 8% behind Hillary last I heard. And Hillary is not even close to being as bad as Trump just fyi

Jadeinchains

I believe the election vote happens in November and Trump is 8% behind Hillary last I heard. And Hillary is not even close to being as bad as Trump just fyi

Lol okay well not just as bad obviously since it would be hard to outdo Trump but she's still bad.

I do hope so too... I also hope we will get more costumes for the characters as DLC in general. FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns did it, so I hope it continues in FFXV.
I wonder how Noctis and the guys would look in other FF characters' costumes. XD

Yeah I'm hoping this game gets a lot of dlc support for a while since it's taken a long time for the game to come out so they should keep support up for it. As nice as other FF outfits are I feel like they'd not fit in with the world of XV.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
With my preorder I'm just getting silly weapons (Masamune and Zidane's daggers) and the camera kit. I want that Noctis outfits, but I'm not paying 20€ more for just that (and yeah, the movie) and end up with that cover atrocious thing xD
I'll buy it for sure if it becomes a regular DLC after the release.
I'm also interested in that camera kit, I wonder what it really is, doesn't Prompto already take pictures in the game?

These kits are just boosts for the characters' special abilities. Prompto will shoot better pics from the beginning (no real photo mode unfortunately), Ignis cooks better etc. It's basically to make the game a bit easier from the beginning. Which I find so strange to monetize...

Alright, I now know what other FF characters costumes I'd like for the FFXV cast:

Noctis:

tumblr_inline_n74b7gBNb51scggsu.bmp

(That was a hard to pick. Noctis doesn't really fit with many FF protagonists. But Noctis and Sora both can conjure their swords and have a similar combat style...)

Gladio:

jecht.jpg

(Jecht was easy. They are of similar build, the hair, the tattoos and the overall rugged look.)

Prompto:

ff_12.jpg

(Vaan looks exactly like Prompto just with differently combed hair.)

Ignis:
Dissidia-SeeDSquall.png

(As the "Best Looking Guy", lol.)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD