Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cidney was designed by an Italian man :cool:
I'm sorry to tell you it is the worst design in the entire game. XD

But Roberto Ferrari also made some nice designs, like Gentiana:

2939914-screen+shot+2015-09-19+at+2.16.48+pm.png

latest

Also @Tyaren I think Ignis should wear Balthier's outfit, they do look a bit alike.

Aww but I wanted Ignis to be specifically the Best Looking Guy. :/

Best+looking+guy+source+http+ichiotakucom+tan+24770+author+unknown_06d071_5498459.jpg

Hayabusiness

I think Cidney looks cute in the top part, but the bottom looks stupid. Gentiana is a beautiful design though.
I like Roberto Ferrari's work a lot, especially his Tatsunoko illustrations.

And yeah lol I know the best looking guy joke. But when I saw Ignis recently I thought... he does kinda look like Balthier. Or maybe it's just a stretch? Lol.

EDIT: I personally heard the film dwells into the uncanny valley. That's not very good...

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Aww...don't say that... :( But I already heard the film is pretty bad. *sigh*
It's a gorgeous film with a wonderful soundtrack and the fight scenes are all amazing, but those can only carry the film so far when you have bland, uninteresting characters and a shit story that makes no sense half the time. Don't even get me started on how shit the female characters are treated. I need alcohol.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
at least LR:FFXIII had fun gameplay. from the two demos we've gotten, XV's gameplay is still struggling to be considered good. people shit on FFXIII's gameplay yet XV's is being praised when it's literally just hold O to attack. how is that any different than XIII's mash X to win???
i might just buy XV just so i can say i played and beat it and then return it. this really blows, XV is the only FF game that i am legitimately not interested in
CU7onS6W4AAs9G8.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Is that new Chaos god in Dissidia a replacement for Jecht? I like some ideas from that new character but also some things that I don't like about him. Mixed at the moment on those Dissidia gods. Prefer Cosmos's design.

Might as well just bring Chaos itself, but then you realize he wouldn't actually fit and may even get banned from gameplay due to his rigid movesets and intense build. Chaos was too tall. (both wouldn't really make sense for Dissidia either way. It's a whole new direction.)

DissidiaCosmosArtwork.png

chaos-dissidia-final-fantasy-character-artwork.jpg

This character is dumb and ridiculously powerful. He had to go:
dissidia_012_duodecim_wallpaper___feral_chaos_by_baddecode-d53b15e.png

From what I hear, Chaos had backlash of his design looking too close to the devil itself by religious protests in forums. That shouldn't really be an excuse since Diabolos/Diablos in FF had designs that look very similar to a devil. I don't actually really care for Chaos but that new god could of had a more menacing look.

As for Ace, I wasn't particularly fond of him either. He looks better in Dissidia than his own game though. According to Type-0's lore he was actually the strongest of the group as well. (Typical main character thing really.)

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

According to Type-0's lore he was actually the strongest of the group as well. (Typical main character thing really.)
Not really. I played Type-0 story 3 times, read the novel (summary) and the first chapters of the manga. While the game and the novel do not mention anything like this, in the manga.....
there's a duel to determine who is the stronges of the class, which Ace loses (even though it was close).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not really. I played Type-0 story 3 times, read the novel (summary) and the first chapters of the manga. While the game and the novel do not mention anything like this, in the manga.....
there's a duel to determine who is the stronges of the class, which Ace loses (even though it was close).

Ah no no, not by that. The one you mentioned I can understand. (I'll check that up as well, I heard something about group individual somewhere so possibly there) the one I was mentioning was the talk between Hajime Tabata & Hiroki Chiba on which character is the least likely to die but also high likely to succeed if there was a darker tone of ending plots. Hajime mentioned that the group has faults and issues that can affect them in battle in resulting to die or succeeding, or causing others to die. He was saying in that game talk show via Nico that Ace is possibly the only character in the list to survive outcomes if things do not go in the group's favor.

Basically writers giving him an edge due to close relation to main character roles, though the game can allow you to play entirely without him. In terms of logic in completion of FF, he would be deemed as the best one even if they had to settle it in a group battle against each other. If FF-Type 0 was a versus game I wouldn't particularly agree with him being the best of the group for combat but the overall arrow in FF via general direction.

Ex: Ace can inevitably lose to his comrades in battle for a number of reasons, however he can probably survive a wave of Tonberries that may kill a comrade of two (probably all of them due to having issues) in some sort of realistic way. Directional route in dealing with FF's story plot on survivability.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Alright, I finally got to see Kingsglaive too!

This film is a trainwreck...albeit a beautiful trainwreck. ;) Following are some spoiler-free thoughts of mine about the film:

Positives first :
- The visuals were amazing and the action sequences were some of the most impressive that I've ever seen on screen.
- Shimomura's music is in a league of it's own. To me she's one of the best composers right now, in any media.
- I really liked the overall lore, locations, creatures and designs. This pretty much promises that the game is going to be pretty interesting, fantastical and epic as well. I know some people (including me) were worried about that, thinking FFXV seemed a little too down to earth. Nope, it is definitely going to be a legit Final Fantasy and it's everything but down to earth.

Now to neither positive nor negative impressions, I guess:
- The film is really dark and grim at times. (Tabata also mentioned the game being similar.) There were scenes that really shocked me. I didn't expect those in a Final Fantasy product. We've seen some dramatic and sad stuff in other FFs as well but...I don't know...some good people faced really gruesome, undignified fates. The overall body count is pretty high...
-There's lots of relevant social commentary going on in the movie. The world of Eos seems to be a shitty place, full of prejudice, hate and war...oh, just like our world.
- The bad guys in this film are really bad guys. Absolutely vile and evil. I want my revenge in the game. I guess that is actually a positive thing.

Alright, now on to several negatives, which unfortunately are in the overwhelming majority:
- The editing of the film felt rough and disjointed. I usually don't care about stuff like that too much and I'm not much of an expert either but it was really noticable here.
- The story/plot felt really messy and convoluted. I sometimes couldn't quite follow what was happening and I often thought: Wait, what? That doesn't make sense.
- The voice acting wasn't very good. Even Lena Headey and Aaron Paul didn't really give any life and oomph to their characters. Sean Bean was good however. Oh, Ardyn stood out here as well. The rest of the cast ranked from mediocre to outright terrible.
-Most of the characters were uninteresting and flat. They wanted to introduce too many characters, all with their own backstories and thus didn't manage to flesh out the few characters that actually mattered.
-I was completely disconnected to Luna. I was really looking forward to get to know her...but she felt just so strange to me. There were a lot of discussions about her being strong or not and after seeing the film, I don't think you can really call her strong but rather very focused and fearless. Fearless already to absurd lengths. Are we sure that she isn't a robot of some kind?
-Some have mentioned this too (@Aerospark) but women are treated rather poorly in this film. There are just two women of any significance in this film and both were just used, abused and pushed around the entire film, never having the chance to ever defend themselves. I won't say much about Crowe at this point, better watch the film for yourself, but I had always hoped Luna would drop the princess act, as focused and fearless as she was, to actually fight back or do something smart. There was just one scene towards the end, when she was cornered and a precious something was to be taken from her, when I thought: Okay, that was clever and ruthless at the same time of her. Chapeau! O: But that was all. I was literally shaking my head at her reactions and actions throughout the whole film.

All in all I am still excited for the game. The lore of FFXV is really interesting to me and even though this film was poorly executed, the game story can still be good.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You might as well skip the movie. FF was strictly for game base. Only one that pulled it off successfully was Advent Children. For the first time in awhile, I'll have to agree with the other forums and even silly GameFAQs. "Stop making films Square Enix and just work on the games for fuck's sake."

Couldn't agree more.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, I should just go ahead and skip the movie?

Will you play the game? If you definitely will, then why not watch the movie? It's not good but it can be enjoyable/entertaining. Bored I was definitely not....just often shaking my head.
If you don't plan to play the game...skip it. There's no need to sit through it and to waste money.

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

I don't know, just the fact that they had to cut out the game the invasion part to make it into a movie, that's just feels iffy. Was the FFXV media empire needed?

You might as well skip the movie. FF was strictly for game base. Only one that pulled it off successfully was Advent Children. For the first time in awhile, I'll have to agree with the other forums and even silly GameFAQs. "Stop making films Square Enix and just work on the games for fuck's sake."

Couldn't agree more.

Oh boy, even if it sold well, I can't really say it respects the source material or that it's a good movie... Square should really stick to games.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD