Final Fantasy Thread

Xernuht

And if he's a Last One, a Last One to what? lol. I'm kidding, but wow.

Well, if he's not as hard as it seems, that's good, in a sense. With that 500% bonus, I'm guessing there's a strike/certain strikes that will give the good ol' 999,999 damage, or higher even o_○ which will get you that 'Fatal Impact' achievement thing.

I'd imagine his Last One status is just to avoid potential farming and do make people rage over the extermination quest. Ereshkigal's in the same boat.

As for your damage thing, I believe he's weak to wind, so Enaero + Artemis's Arrows/Slayer on Stagger 4 might do it.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
I just spammed Overclock and Elementa for about 4 minutes until he was dead. I know, I took the fun out of the fun but I just wanted his ass dead and I wanted that trophy. :|

PuertoRicanStyL

did you beat him yet? i can help out if you still need it

also on a side note i finally beat my ng+ on hard :)

Nah I haven't seen/played him again yet. When I fight him again, and if I struggle against him for a while and get frustrated, I'll holla!

Congrats on your NG+Hard win! I'm close to finishing up my first run/playthrough. It's like, 2AM on the 13th day. And I'm trying to extinct a few monsters before 6AM to get some stuff. On a different save, I kinda just rushed to the Ark cause I didn't think I could give the tree anymore Eradia (or whatever). But I did, annd.. Yea :). Luckily, I had a save bout 6 hours before the end of the day.

PuertoRicanStyL

Any tips on how to beat the thing at the bottom of the Ultimate Lair? His 'meteor' attack is killing me. I can't seem to evade that one, and blocking it takes like, 6-8,000 damage. I have 1 -ra magic attack in each schema to stagger him, a brave and a protect thief in 2 of em. Both with high attack power weapons. And a slow under my mage schema. That's pretty much my main things I'm doing.

I'm basically switching between the three, constantly throwing magic at him. I have an accessory equipped that gives 2 ATB every time magic hits. Staggering him isn't too much of a problem, nor is his tail attack since I can evade that. But that meteor attack is like, almost instant death causing 2,000 per hit, with multiple hits..

I'll look up some YouTube stuff too. That's probably all I'll need to do. Any input would help too though.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
The easy way is to have lots of Ethers, Turbo Ethers, and a Elixir if you have it. Inflict Deshell, Imperil, and Poison on him. I think slow works on Ereshkigal too. Have one garb that helps a lot with guarding and give it your best , preferably quiet guardian or cyber jumpsuit. Equip the item that Snow drops on the defense garb. Now, when the fight starts, quickly overclock and inflict Deshell, Imperil, Slow if it works, and Poison on him. Then sit and watch as his HP slowly drops. It's long and boring, but the easiest way to beat it. Repeat the process over and over, using Ethers and healing when you need to, and guarding his attacks when he goes to attack you.

If you want to do an offensive way, I guess, equip a powerful magic garb with all of your most powerful magical weapons and whatnot, and give it a fully powered Elementa, Element, Deshell, and Imperil. Spira's Summoner (DLC garb), comes with a fully powered Elementa so it's useful for the entire game. Use the same defense set up in the above paragraph I wrote, and have lots of healing items. As soon as the fight begins, overclock, and use Deshell and Imperil until it's inflicted on him, then spam Elementa or Element, whichever you like to stagger him. When overclock runs out, quickly do it again and then Elementa/Element until he staggers. You have to stagger him four times to actually get some serious damage, I believe. So just keep doing this until you have him staggered 4 times and then just keep overclocking, healing, restoring EP, and Ereshkigal should go down sooner or later. I hope this helps!

PuertoRicanStyL

I feel the power flowing through me already, lol. That'll help a lot! I think I should go to my earlier save and snag a couple more Ethers. I only have 1 now.

Thanks bro!

PuertoRicanStyL

Welp. So it turns out I can't just go buy Ethers or get em from the Hope, lol. I don't have facebook either, so I can't summon people who have em. I'll have to keep an eye out for npc's that have em on my next run. I'm pretty happy I have at least one though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Wait... Lightning Returns has Ethers, Turbo Ethers and Elixers? what do they do exactly? there's know MP in the game what so ever for them to be needed.

PuertoRicanStyL

Wait... Lightning Returns has Ethers, Turbo Ethers and Elixers? what do they do exactly? there's know MP in the game what so ever for them to be needed.

They restore your EP. I think an Ether gives 3 or 4 back. Don't know bout the Turbo's and Elixer's. But I'd guess a Turbo fully restores it, and an Elixer probably does everything, hahah. Full EP, HP and remove status aliments.

PuertoRicanStyL

Yes! Beat that fool. I was hella lucky to come across an Ether on the floor right before him. Landing poison on him helped A LOT. Least it seemed to affect him greatly while landing magic attacks on him. His life would just drain when he was poisoned while getting attacked (along with the deshell and imperil).

And man. The dam desert shanga thing has to be thee hardest last one fight cause of the dam lag that comes with it. I know I'm exaggerating with it being the hardest, but man it was annoying fighting like that.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I find Ereshkigal much easier than the dragon that was on the desert. You can quickly boost the poison duration if you have Sand Fox for the extra status effect boost and the accessories for the debuff duration against Ereshkigal. Jokes aside, on that FF Lighting returns app I was #1 on the leaderboards for Ereshkigal on normal but was surpassed by a user who seemed to have hacked the game.

PuertoRicanStyL

I've only fought that Areonite dude once. I didn't feel like I could come close to beating that thing, lol. And fighting him on the 13th day probably isn't the ideal time to fight him since enemies grow stronger with each day passed. That's weak if someone messed with the game to beat your score. He must've beat it by a big margin to suspect cheating by the people.

Random thing, I was looking through my achievements, and I apparently already got the 'Fatal Impact' one some time ago, lol. I had my notifications off for a while, so I didn't notice it. I never even saw myself get a huge damage attack, but it must've been at a time where the bottom of the screen was a little higher/my ATB bars were overlapping the damage numbers. I was runnin around with the Tomb Raider, Sphere Hunter and the Midnight Mauve set up for quite a while. So I know I did it with that set up. I just don't know what attack against what enemy did it, lol. Oh well.. I don't really worry about achievements in general, unless there's some kind of reward for doing em. And this game has em in the Rewards Barter Shop. Though the few I've gotten are pretty crummy. Hats.. Yay.. Never gotten any Garbs from it yet though.

I finally beat the game too, woOt. The final boss wasn't really even that hard, but I guess it wasn't super easy neither, I think. I'm sure having the Ultimate Weapon and Shield helped a lot. Mainly with taking no damage guarding his stuff and the garb hasting the other ATB bars. Messed up part is, I didn't even know I had the Equilibrium Garb until I got the Ultimate Weapon. I saw it pop up when I got it in the Ark. But I was looking for it in my unused garbs, didn't see it and figured it'd tell me to equip it or something before the last fight. My dumbazz didn't even glance in the Sub Schema section where I had my Savior garb the whole time. I just never used it aftera while because Attack Lv.1 was locked to it. Had the game told me Savior upgraded to Equilibrium+, I would've noticed it, lol. I just didn't look in the Sub Schema for it cause I never remembered getting a garb called Equilibrium to be upgraded into Equilibrium+, cause you don't, as far as I know.

Anyways. I wanted to beat the final boss with Ultima so bad, hahah. I had about the perfect set up too. I staggered him just after my HP got taken down to 1HP. I just didn't have any EP cause I used it all trying to stagger him. Activating it just after he did an attack. So I just magic him to death, I didn't want to waste time waiting for Ultima. I shoulda used it though. With only 1HP and him being staggered taking ill damage from regular magic, I bet that spell woulda hooked him up real proper like, lol. Ahh well. Next time.

I think ima do one more normal run, then go to Hard Mode. I read you can do a New Game++ when reading about accessory upgrades. I want to beat Areonite too, and I'd rather do it on normal than hard mode, lol.

PuertoRicanStyL

I also wonder if you get something for completing all the side quests in one run. I only question it because at the end of the 14th day, she gives more souls (or whatever) to the tree.

I couldn't have done it on my 1st run anyways, cause I failed the very first soul I was supposed to save, lol. Guess I was supposed to report back to that dude after following the heretics to the graveyard. I also failed the drunk firework guy cause at the time, I didn't know where to get the liquor he wanted till the next day. Also the dude whowanted to sell fireworks. I denied his quest cause I was really short on time for the main quest, and he sounded like he wanted me to do his right then and there, thinking I could come back to him later, but I mever saw him again. Just people around his shop talkin bout "where Iis this dude with the fireworks". There's a few others I never got, like never finding the mangaroot thing. But Ima try to get em all on this run. On my last one, I was bs'ng a lot on the first 4 days too.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I also wonder if you get something for completing all the side quests in one run. I only question it because at the end of the 14th day, she gives more souls (or whatever) to the tree.

I couldn't have done it on my 1st run anyways, cause I failed the very first soul I was supposed to save, lol. Guess I was supposed to report back to that dude after following the heretics to the graveyard. I also failed the drunk firework guy cause at the time, I didn't know where to get the liquor he wanted till the next day. Also the dude whowanted to sell fireworks. I denied his quest cause I was really short on time for the main quest, and he sounded like he wanted me to do his right then and there, thinking I could come back to him later, but I mever saw him again. Just people around his shop talkin bout "where Iis this dude with the fireworks". There's a few others I never got, like never finding the mangaroot thing. But Ima try to get em all on this run. On my last one, I was bs'ng a lot on the first 4 days too.

Believe it or not, I highly recommend to stick to hard mode because you have access to upgrade your weapons and shield. It's a good time as ever to take advantage of this for the drops as well. For example I use the weapon that's dropped by the final boss fully maxed to increase the overlock for swapping etc. My sole role is usually something like (Debuffs with Sand Fox plus maxed debuffed weapon and debuff accessories - Swap to a style that has high magic attribute + the weapon of increased overclock duration to make the staggering easier etc. That's how I was able to take down Aeronite because he has this huge stun duration for odd reasons.

Yeah, the guy surpassed me and you can tell it was hacked because your not allowed to have Ultima Weapon and the shield during that battle due to only being available near the final boss.

PuertoRicanStyL

Hol up hol up hol up hollld uup. I never got a drop from the final boss. You must have to 5 star him to get it. I still have a couple saves just before the fight luckily if that's the case.

Also, you can still upgrade weapons and shields on a normal New Game+ too. I tested it out. Though maybe the component drops may be a higher rate on hard mode. I don't know. I know you can get better equipment on hard mode though.

And I thought that abilities wouldn't be bound to garbs in a new game+¿? I haven't really fully started one yet though. I just let it go up until Luxerion where I can move around. Just to see if that weapon you were talking about would appear on my list. But I notice abilities still have that lock on em.. At the start anyways. .

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hol up hol up hol up hollld uup. I never got a drop from the final boss. You must have to 5 star him to get it. I still have a couple saves just before the fight luckily if that's the case.

Also, you can still upgrade weapons and shields on a normal New Game+ too. I tested it out. Though maybe the component drops may be a higher rate on hard mode. I don't know. I know you can get better equipment on hard mode though.

And I thought that abilities wouldn't be bound to garbs in a new game+¿? I haven't really fully started one yet though. I just let it go up until Luxerion where I can move around. Just to see if that weapon you were talking about would appear on my list. But I notice abilities still have that lock on em.. At the start anyways. .

Yeah, it's called Double Deity & you have to 5-Star him which can easily be done with Aerora and staggering points while timing to avoid/block the boss at the right time. (Don't ever use Aeroga..that is a waste to your ATB gauge. I use Aerora because it's less consumption and can stagger enemies quick.) The only part you may have to focus is the final form to block the 1HP reduction at the right time and overclocking while pray and hope for the best he drops it.

You could get the upgrade shop at NG+ but it's really hard to get the specific drops to further pass the middle threshold point without that Holy and demonic fire forge which is super rare on normal but regular rare on Hard mode.

PuertoRicanStyL

Ahh ok. So it's like a rare drop then. That's good to know. I don't have a problem 5 starring him, luckily. So I can just keep doing it till I get it.

So you can perfect guard that fallen one move? lol, that's awesome. I figured you just got hit and had to heal.

Oh yea. And hitting him with Ultima when you have 1HP while he's staggered doesn't do jack. Kind of dumb that normal Lv.4 -ra spells do more damage. I was right up on him when I did it too.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ahh ok. So it's like a rare drop then. That's good to know. I don't have a problem 5 starring him, luckily. So I can just keep doing it till I get it.

So you can perfect guard that fallen one move? lol, that's awesome. I figured you just got hit and had to heal.

Yeah pretty much. The only downside to that is that the battle to get it can be repetitive if you don't get it the first few times. I managed to get it on my 3rd try but I heard people struggled to even get it dropped.

Yup, you can tap guard constantly to block it completely. The best time to do it is when they raise their hand a bit and they slowly stopped spinning, as the hand wave.. immediately tap guard 5x and hope you guard in between those numbers. You'll definitely get it if you can take him down no problems....It may get boring the few times you can't get it but it's somewhat worth it. Double Deity has a bad effect of a mass strength reduction..however take advantage of the high magic stat it comes with so it's good still. Plus the overlock duration is a bonus and what I like about it.

PuertoRicanStyL

Update. Got it! He dropped it on my 3rd try too. I did lots of side quests amd canvas quest, so that helped a lot with having some good stats. Plus I had the flesh renderer that the omega reaver drops. I don't know if you automatically get that or what. But dat +900 to strength and magic though. I also bought that hades weapon that gives +1300 magic. All that plus the Ultima weapon and shield made it for an easy fight. Even getting hit by those fallen one (can't help calling it that. FF3 hahah.) attacks multiple times. I was straight, as long as I blocked most everything else with. I hear he's a lot harder on a new game+ though. Or maybe that person was having a hard time..

Yea that's ok about the strength thing. So far, I've always had a Schema that specialized in magic. So that'll work out good. That extra OC sounds like a nice bonus too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD